Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 777 Jason on how not to act as a business owner (NOT WORK SAFE!!!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

777 Jason on how not to act as a business owner (NOT WORK SAFE!!!)

Not much really to say here.. Just "wow"..

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

2. Dislikes oneeyeddog disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    100.64 MB

Re: 777 Jason on how not to act as a business owner (NOT WORK SAFE!!!)

Not sure what to say

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

To be honest, both posts probably deserve to be allowed to disappear.

5. Likes Black034 liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    345.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Hoots View Post
    To be honest, both posts probably deserve to be allowed to disappear.
    Bongo's post was completely inappropriate. I think it deserved an inappropriate response in return.

7. Likes AA_Engadin liked this post
    Dislikes bongodriver disliked this post
    Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

There was nothing wrong with my post if it was taken in context. it was not an accusation, his response was NOT appropriate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_Owl View Post
    Bongo's post was completely inappropriate. I think it deserved an inappropriate response in return.
    The return post was far more inappropriate. The entire thread was talking about all the promises being delayed or not kept. Bongo throws that one out there going right along with the delays etc. Nowhere did the BoS devs mention that someone was terminally ill in their update thread. They said a team member was out because he was sick. 99/100 people would think the guy had the flu etc., if you were to say the same thing.

The explosion in return was totally uncalled for and acts as if Bongo or anyone else for that matter knew the extent of that team member's health. We only know as much as been told. I highly doubt anyone would have made any sort of suggestion had we actually been told the extent of the illness.

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by bongodriver View Post
    There was nothing wrong with my post if it was taken in context. it was not an accusation, his response was NOT appropriate.
    You sure have talent to make people misunderstand you, but Jason is professional and you are not. So I hope you are proud of yourself, but it was a mean trick.
    Jason well he really fucked up again, no matter how good reason he might have

11. Dislikes Royraiden, bongodriver, ATAG_Bliss, Chivas disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.93 MB

Where was this post from? What forums?

Chief
    SERVING THE ROF AND BOS COMMUNITY

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by LuseKofte View Post
    You sure have talent to make people misunderstand you, but Jason is professional and you are not. So I hope you are proud of yourself, but it was a mean trick.
    Jason well he really fucked up again, no matter how good reason he might have
    Not by design, but somehow my command of my native tongue does do that. I stand by my sentiment that I genuinely would hate to find out that somebody could use such things as an excuse, Jasons latest behaviour simply leaves me feeling even more cynical, that was a very deliberate post and included some stuff that had nothing to do with the circumstance.

I should ask....Jason is a professional what? what am I not a professional at? I don't consider Jasons tirade particularly professional.
    Last edited by bongodriver; Jan-23-2015 at 18:14.

14. Likes Black034, ATAG_((dB)) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefRedCloud View Post
    Where was this post from? What forums?

Chief
    SimHQ. Jason has since deleted it.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Bucksnort View Post
    SimHQ. Jason has since deleted it.
    it was moderated, Jason didn't delete it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.5 KB

MS is a truly horrid disease but I'd agree the response was way out of form

motherboard ASUS Z77
    CPU Intel i73770 k Liquid cooled overclocked to 4.5 ghz
    Gpu NVidia Geforce gtx 970
    memory 8 GB
    Power supply 850 watts
    Monitor ASUS PB278q 2560 x 1440 Native Resolution
    Saiteck x52 joystick and pedals
    Trackir 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Not by design, but somehow my command of my native tongue does do that. I stand by my sentiment that I genuinely would hate to find out that somebody could use such things as an excuse, Jasons latest behaviour simply leaves me feeling even more cynical, that was a very deliberate post and included some stuff that had nothing to do with the circumstance.

I should ask....Jason is a professional what? what am I not a professional at? I don't consider Jasons tirade particularly professional.
    It is kind of his line of work, he should behave better, I see absolutely no reason for defending any part of that discussion.

I really cannot say too much in favor for anyone on the dark side, you see I get too many dislikes And I do not know if that leads to some sort of a punnishment

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

? what ever back to flying.
    " any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts," Winston Churchill
    " He who never changes his mind, never changes anything,"
    Win 10 64||MSI MPG gaming z690 ddr4||i9x149000k|ddr4-64gb PC3200||RTX 4070-Ti||GAMEMAX 1300W PSUatx3,pcie5 |Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 7.1||ViRpiL,T50v2cm|moded MFG Crosswinds||T50Mth||G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseTorque10|| Reverb G2 VR / PiMax 8Kx
    32 Samsung|||

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    163.3 KB

You simply got this time what you are, consciously or unconsciously, looking for more often than you would never believe. Congrats!.

AA_Engadin
    Reality is everything that happens when you run out of battery. But it also can be an alteration of the perception due to a forced lack of alcohol, though. Should both coincide in time, a plan B is compulsory to overcome a deadly overdose of reality.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I haven't seen Bongo's post but this one is really... strange. I know Bongo was bragging a lot but that was in a very intelligent manner.
    For the example I could never do that because the English is not my native language but his arguments were always short and sharp and correct.

I just don't get it how one professional manager can go berserk like this.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Your comment about sums up the individual I'm afraid. The fact you see nothing wrong with your comment after the fiasco still defending yourself beggars belief.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

It beggars belief I need to be defending myself, but I'm not surprised that people are jumping on that bandwagon.

24. Dislikes oneeyeddog disliked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I think 1C/777 has been vague enough to, if not outright lie, then to at least be misleading on some issues in BoS. There has also been instances of poor customer relations. They have been well documented here and elsewhere. That said I think as customers it is poor form to make light or accuse the developers of lying about the health of an individual. Considering the original release date (Dec) of the ME and the elapsed time, I personally thought the mention of the sick team member was something more serious than a common cold or flu. No, I didn't think MS, but I did consider cancer or a heart attack. To me, that's just not something you use as an excuse or lie about.

Many of the negative comments regarding BoS have been warranted and accurate. While Jason's response was over the top I do understand his anger. I'm willing to cut some slack regarding this tirade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by knightgames View Post
    While Jason's response was over the top I do understand his anger. I'm willing to cut some slack regarding this tirade.
    For both Bongo and Jason. Bongo had no idea of the circumstances and wouldn't have made the post had he known.
    Last edited by Bucksnort; Jan-24-2015 at 00:07.

27. Dislikes AA_Engadin disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Given the fact that someone has MS, I really can understand Jason freaking out. He is as human as we are all, and illnesses like MS are psychologically hard to handle. Imagine someone making a joke (or something similiar) about JT these days, without knowing what happened... Guess that some reactions would be comparable.
    MSI GAMING G65 // i7 4770k @ 4.2GHZ // ASUS GTX 780 CUll // 8GB RAM (@1600mhz) // Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Version
    Thrustmaster T16000 + Saitek x52 Throttle // Saitek Throttle Quadrant // MFG Crosswind Pedals // Track IR 5

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

29. Likes Mastiff, AA_Engadin liked this post
    Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

My post was not a joke and it was not aimed at the team member in question, Mr Williams was way out of line.
    bucksnort is right, had I known for a fact that the team member had MS then I wouldn't have made the post, simple as that.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Probably why it should have stayed in your head bongo.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Hoots View Post
    Probably why it should have stayed in your head bongo.
    maybe, but if I hadn't got used to the idea of underhanded tactics from 777 the thought wouldn't have been there in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

My post was not a joke and it was not aimed at the team member in question, Mr Williams was way out of line.
    bucksnort is right, had I known for a fact that the team member had MS then I wouldn't have made the post, simple as that.
    I know your comment was not a joke. I just tried to draw a comparison. Stil, in the acutal context (that you obviously could not know), it was also you that as way out of line. I don`t know how you handle that, but If I hurt someone because I don`t know something, I apologize. Because I understand why that person fells hurt and I didn`t want that...

When it comes to people having MS or dying, etc. It`s time to take a step away from "tit for that" or "I was right, you were wrong". And because of that I also see absolutely no point of handing around jasons post just to show that he was out of line, etc.

That man has a friend, who is severely ill. Does nobody see that he might be desperate, helpless, whatever? If you can`t step back from your dispute/argument at this point, I really don`t know how to help you...
    MSI GAMING G65 // i7 4770k @ 4.2GHZ // ASUS GTX 780 CUll // 8GB RAM (@1600mhz) // Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Version
    Thrustmaster T16000 + Saitek x52 Throttle // Saitek Throttle Quadrant // MFG Crosswind Pedals // Track IR 5

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

34. Likes Hoots liked this post
    Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

it would be easier to step away from if I didn't get the feeling that I was being demonised, probably part of Jasons intent.

if we all wan't to leave it at that then I'm fine with it, I don't need help doing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

it would be easier to step away from if I didn't get the feeling that I was being demonised, probably part of Jasons intent.

if we all wan't to leave it at that then I'm fine with it, I don't need help doing it.
    By demonising you, I would be doing exactly the opposite of what I wish would happen here: stopping the "thit for that".
    And yes, I for myself would like to leave it at that.

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Continu0 View Post
    I know your comment was not a joke. I just tried to draw a comparison. Stil, in the acutal context (that you obviously could not know), it was also you that as way out of line. I don`t know how you handle that, but If I hurt someone because I don`t know something, I apologize. Because I understand why that person fells hurt and I didn`t want that...

When it comes to people having MS or dying, etc. It`s time to take a step away from "tit for that" or "I was right, you were wrong". And because of that I also see absolutely no point of handing around jasons post just to show that he was out of line, etc.

That man has a friend, who is severely ill. Does nobody see that he might be desperate, helpless, whatever? If you can`t step back from your dispute/argument at this point, I really don`t know how to help you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Continu0 View Post
    By demonising you, I would be doing exactly the opposite of what I wish would happen here: stopping the "thit for that".
    And yes, I for myself would like to leave it at that.

Sounds like demonising to me, and I'm not the one handing around Jasons post, as far as I'm concerned I don't really like having such a colourful personal attack being emblazoned on the internet, I think Mr Williams has done more than enough to compensate for my perceived error.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Well I read the whole deal, followed the tread from start to end, I am not English native, so this Jason reply at Bongo´s post came to me as a surprise. I did not read Bongo´s post the way Jason obviously did. I have been disagreeing with Bongo quite a bit. So it is not like I am not motivated

But seriously, I believed Bliss statement toward BOS was purely on the sim itself, and this post of his, well at best it belongs at the off topic section. It got nothing to do with the sim itself. I am not sure it should be remembered at all.
    I see more old friends from ATAG server at Syndicate server in BOS than in ATAG at the moment, it serves no purpose working political against it.
    The huge difference between these two sims , their short comings make them co exist perfectly. Bos can never perform online for squads and big battles between them as it does in COD, A good old bomber mission with historical feel to it can only be done in cod. BOS is fun fast food. It is something else.
    A little break.

39. Likes Black034, Hoots, oneeyeddog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I don't think Bongo should have made an assumption like that but Jasons reaction is straight up unprofessional and childish.

BoS forum = drama-o-rama
    Turncoat #1

41. Likes hnbdgr, LuseKofte liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast