Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: TF probably have Bf 109 fires correct

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: TF probably have Bf 109 fires correct

So the reason for the 'unrealistic' high percentage of burning 109's might be the 'unrealistic' high amount of DeWilde Ammo used on the red side????
    Wasn't that ammo in short supply for quite some time during the BoB?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Well, Wulf, I'd rather take crap for something I did than for something I didn't do. This is a prime example.

Salute.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    I may well be wrong about this but from what I can see this is the second time, in as many months, that an individual has been 'disappeared' (or their posts removed) for having the audacity to cross swords with a senior ATAG or TF member. I may be right or wrong about that, but it is certainly the perception. As a visitor here I find this development disquieting to say the least. Disquieting because of the flow-on affect actions like these these must have on free and open discussion here and disturbing because, in both instances, the comments made appeared (to me at least) perfectly reasonable and measured.

I have no idea who these individuals are (were) but it seems to me that if you want the forum to have a reputation as a place where free and frank discourse is encouraged, or even possible, then you actually have to walk the talk. Banning people or removing their posts because they have annoyed one of the leading lights, or because you have apparently received reports that they may become disagreeable at some point in the future seems entirely at odds with notions of freedom of expression, openness and transparency. If these guys are idiots or troublemakers surely the average participant here would be smart enough to work that out without the intervention and guiding hand of a 'moderator'.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

This seemed appropriate

Attached Images Attached Images
    56sqn US@R - Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com/

Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) > AMD Athlon II X4 605e @ 2300MHz
    16Gb RAM > Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 1050Ti

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

I guess that pretty much sums it up!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Well, Talisman started one helluva thread that went in all kinds of directions. The crux of the matter is that all damage modelling will be looked at for Patch 5.0 and, where TF deems necessary, adjusted towards even greater historical authenticity given the many factors discussed here involving ballistics and aircraft construction, including armour.

Thanks to all for contributing.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567