Thread: New ATAG Server Features and Instructions

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

New ATAG Server Features and Instructions

Hi folks,

I wanted to discuss some new features on the ATAG server.

1st of all, when you join the server, now you will be greeted with a "Welcome Screen" with a clickable GUI. It looks like this:

After clicking the "continue" button you will be taken to the normal briefing / flag selection screen you are accustomed to. So you'll spawn in a plane normally, but here's a twist: During your entire sortie any damage whether it be by another enemy fighter or another enemy target, and the damages you incur to your own aircraft are now recorded.

To get to this screen simply press escape after you have spawned. Then you will get access to the damages screen. It looks like this:

From this screen you can see the types of damages that was discussed previously. But here's the kicker, the only way your sortie and the damages you do towards the enemy and the damages the enemy does to you are recorded, is if you stay alive! If you bail out or die, your recorded damages are over. So hopefully this will encourage some folks to want to actually land their sortie and see how they did!

But if you like flying a bomber, there's a nice utility included within the damages GUI that can help you out. It is especially useful to Axis bombers with the LOTFE 7 bomb sight. But for any bomber, the nice thing about the utility is you can get the altitude of the target you are trying to hit.

So clicking on the utils screen takes you here:

Now you can click on the bombing utility which will take you to this screen:

From this screen, for the Axis bombers with the LOTFE 7 bomb sight, you can enter in your altitude and true airspeed. *Remember you can hit escape and use this utility while in level flight* After your airspeed and altitude have been entered in the utility, you'll also want to know the elevation of the target you are aiming for. So you'll want to click on the "Select in Map" button.

This will bring up the map screen where you can pinpoint with the mouse exactly where the target location is to get a correct elevation of the target area.

The map screen looks like this:

The bottom map screen with the gray box is what you will move around with your mouse to get to the part of the map where your target is. On the top map, that is a zoomed in portion of the map. On the top map you want to double click on the area where the target is. This will bring you back to the bombing utility main menu and will have your elevation to target automatically entered for you.

So now you can have a screen that looks like this:

And if you want to know how the bombsite calculation should look like, simply click on the "view settings in bomb sight" button.

This will take you to a screen that looks like this:

And there you have it. Hope everyone enjoys this and has fun trying to inflict the most damage on the enemy. I'm hoping for screenshots of who can do the most in a sortie!

And of course, special thanks to ATAG_Colander for being a magician with 0's and 1's and ATAG_Keller for his work with the bomb sight utility.

Good luck and happy hunting.

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.32 MB

Re: New ATAG Server Features and Instructions

Hi Bliss,

yes!!!! we wait so long for this

+10000000000

now we can see again what we did for dm on the enemy.

great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

some questions to you guys:

A. is it now ranked for each plane: 1. plane: hurricane, elevator controll damaged, engin damaged, etc. 2. plane Spit pilot killed, engin out, etc.?
    B. is it possible, that you only get the dm screen when you have landed? so no possibillity for inflight dm control? for the bomber the tool still need to be possible in flight.!!!!

regards

Little_D
    1./JG2_Little_D
    Staffelkapitän
    1./Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen"

"Go for the leader, if you can. The path is the goal, the kill the result."
    "The one who has 12, leads. The one who has six, follows."

YouTube Channel: 1./JG2 Filmkanal

Supporting Member 92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Now all you have to do is reset people's stats when they die.
    A Dead-is-dead stats system would be nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Thx Bliss, the dedication for flight simmers wellbeing is overwhelming.
    I am truly grateful

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P) View Post

+1

you know what real simmers and pilots are needing

regards

Little_D
    1./JG2_Little_D
    Staffelkapitän
    1./Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen"

"Go for the leader, if you can. The path is the goal, the kill the result."
    "The one who has 12, leads. The one who has six, follows."

YouTube Channel: 1./JG2 Filmkanal

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Little_D View Post

A. is it now ranked for each plane: 1. plane: hurricane, elevator controll damaged, engin damaged, etc. 2. plane Spit pilot killed, engin out, etc.?
    B. is it possible, that you only get the dm screen when you have landed? so no possibillity for inflight dm control? for the bomber the tool still need to be possible in flight.!!!!

regards

Little_D
    It has always been policy that people should not be allowed to get precise details of damage done while flying. It is unrealistic.

From this screen, for the Axis bombers with the LOTFE 7 bomb sight, you can enter in your altitude and true airspeed. *Remember you can hit escape and use this utility while in level flight* After your airspeed and altitude have been entered in the utility, you'll also want to know the elevation of the target you are aiming for. So you'll want to click on the "Select in Map" button
    56sqn US@R - Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com/

Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) > AMD Athlon II X4 605e @ 2300MHz
    16Gb RAM > Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 1050Ti

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I need a to ask a few questions myself.

The instructions say that you hit 'Esc' after spawning so that would imply that you can only see the results of your sortie at the beginning of the next sortie i.e. you must always respawn even if you intended logging off to get some sleep (and your kills per sortie stat would be skewed if anyone uses that). It would also mean that RR is risky because you might never get to see the results of the first sortie that you landed successfully. Did I misunderstand or did you mistype something?

Can we hit 'Esc' after landing and before despawn (or before RR) and still see the stats?
    56sqn US@R - Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com/

Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) > AMD Athlon II X4 605e @ 2300MHz
    16Gb RAM > Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 1050Ti

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

The screen only works for the sortie you are on. So in theory if you land, RR, and go at it again, you will continue to accumulate stats. But the second you die or bail out, your stats are gone.

So yes, you can use escape and stare at your stats while flying or anytime you are in a plane, but I think that's a fair trade off to being blinded while doing so. We don't despawn planes until people have left them. So you can look at the stats after you land or w/e. The whole point is if you lose your plane/your virtual life - you can't anymore. And it's not like the GUI / Escape is instantaneous. In other words - good luck looking at them during a fight.
    Last edited by ATAG_Bliss; May-09-2014 at 07:26.

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Thank you for this fella....Very nice addition to the sim....~S~
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hey this looks very nice but I just joined both ATAG servers and was never welcomed with the new welcome screen. Also, after I created my plane and spawned in, I pressed escape and it just takes me to the normal map/chat screen.

Is this just a preview or is this new feature supposed to be implemented now?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.69 MB

Wow Thanks, I know Fidget is really lovin these new features.

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I just tried it, welcome screen didn't appear on first entry but appeared after I returned from the damage reported on an opponent screen - very nice to be able to see the level of damage inflicted.

(BTW, I too would prefer the 'death = reset to 0' but thats for another topic me thinks)
    [CENTER][/CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AMD A8 5600K Quad Core 3.6 Ghz - Win 7 64 - 8Gb Ram - GTX660ti 2Gb VRAM - FreeTrack - MSFF2/X45Th - Asus 23' Monitor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
    We don't despawn planes until people have left them.
    On this purpose, can you tell me what's the right way to leave the plane? When I land, I stop completely the aircraft, then I turn off the engines and I hit "esc". But then I am still in the players' list in the airplane I was flying. Am I doing anything wrong?

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by EG14_Marcast View Post
    On this purpose, can you tell me what's the right way to leave the plane? When I land, I stop completely the aircraft, then I turn off the engines and I hit "esc". But then I am still in the players' list in the airplane I was flying. Am I doing anything wrong?
    I think you will find that, because RR is implemented, players stay with their ac untill they spawn in a new ac or have forced the ac to despawn by going into 'external view' after landing.
    Last edited by ATAG_EvangelusE; May-09-2014 at 10:15. Reason: grammar

AMD A8 5600K Quad Core 3.6 Ghz - Win 7 64 - 8Gb Ram - GTX660ti 2Gb VRAM - FreeTrack - MSFF2/X45Th - Asus 23' Monitor.

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Just tried it again, I hit two 109's in the same sortie but damage was only listed for the second one, damage inflicted appears to be limited to the last ac in a sortie. Is that correct?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_EvangelusE View Post
    Just tried it again, I hit two 109's in the same sortie but damage was only listed for the second one, damage inflicted appears to be limited to the last ac in a sortie. Is that correct?
    It should show everything, but it's not an immediate update. So if you just got out of a scrap you may not see anything until a few minutes later. It's really designed to be looked at once you've landed your sortie. If it's not working that way, please let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.39 MB

omg..!
    What's next?
    -a vokal complaining from my crewchief / mechanic..

Thank You!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_EvangelusE View Post
    If it's the same as the old feature it captures system damage only (i.e. water radiator perforated, elevators disabled, etc..). So just hitting an enemy won't appear if you didn't damage a system.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P) View Post

Hello Gents,

I could not agree more to this feature. I don't know if it is technically possible, but since day one with most of the stats this was my one and only problem. If we suppose we have a "character" let him "die" and reset the stats. I know this is not "real life" etc. But still, I think the most important indicator is to gain stats, and survive. That would be also interesting to see how the numbers develop, and last but not least it would be much more esasier for the admins because reset would be done automatically if somebody dies, therfore no need for manual reset every month or so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by k39cocoa View Post
    it would be much more esasier for the admins because reset would be done automatically if somebody dies, therfore no need for manual reset every month or so.
    the reset is due to database size.

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 9./JG52 Hans Gruber View Post
    If it's the same as the old feature it captures system damage only (i.e. water radiator perforated, elevators disabled, etc..). So just hitting an enemy won't appear if you didn't damage a system.
    Both hit the water with engine/coolant damage but the mission ended shortly after I landed, I had a minute or so to hit escape and view the damage log. Based on what Bliss said I assume the damage log hadn't updated when I opened it.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    754 Bytes

well that's f**** amazing

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

On Monday and yesterday evening, I got the welcome screen but hitting "esc" after landing I could never see the damage report. I was in Sealion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thank you very much for adding this feature, this is great !

Would it be possible to also include the amount of bullets fired, hits, and accuracy ? (+split Canon/MG for blue pilots? I'm flying red, so it's just an idea).

Cheers !
    CPU: Intel I5 2500K / MOBO: Asus P8Z68V / GPU: Asus GTX660 2Gb / RAM: Corsair XMS 3 4x4Gb 12800 / OS: W7 Home Premium / SC: Asus Xonar XD / CTL: CH Pro CombatStick+Pedals+Quadrant / HTD: TrackIr 4 Pro / HS: Logitech G35

Spitfire H and V Convergence Excel Calculator : https://goo.gl/g9QRNt
    Hurricane H and V Convergence Excel Calculator : https://goo.gl/ZyClQr

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Please, include in Lotfe Assistant page a box to convert IAS to TAS in MPH/Feets for Blenheim pilots use in high altitude bombing.

The average OAT factor on CLoD manual table for Imperial IAS>TAS converstion is 1.74 @ 15.000 feet.

Sokol1

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by EG14_Marcast View Post
    On Monday and yesterday evening, I got the welcome screen but hitting "esc" after landing I could never see the damage report. I was in Sealion.
    I still can't see any damage screen....

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.23 MB

salve
    does not work with the bombers axis and, I think, even with those allies. am I right?

Veteran Combat pilot VII.Racetrack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Guys what about the Server Hardware spec?
    I was looking to rent a Server just for try but I don't have any idea of the specs that are required to Host for at least 50 players... Thx

"Volare è utile, atterrare è necessario"
    www.settimostormo.it