Thread: Mission rotation

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Mission rotation

Hi!

Is it possible to put another mission on the server just to " break the circle" because, for the example this whole week we're flying the same mission in the server " prime time" over and over again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Mission rotation

To my understanding there is no real circle - of course, after map A there will always be B but it should not be daytime-fixed.

I mean, sometimes a mission ends after the full mission length of 4(?) hours, sometimes it might end 2 hours after all targets are destroyed. Isn't it therefore not already more or less coincidence which mission will run at "prime time"?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by DUI View Post
    To my understanding there is no real circle - of course, after map A there will always be B but it should not be daytime-fixed.

I mean, sometimes a mission ends after the full mission length of 4(?) hours, sometimes it might end 2 hours after all targets are destroyed. Isn't it therefore not already more or less coincidence which mission will run at "prime time"?
    It's a lot of time that I don't see a map going on beyond the destruction of all targets: it happened sometimes only with London Raids, but that bug was then solved. It's in fact quite weird that we play the same maps at the same time, but we must consider that lately in European evening time ( the most frequented) I've seen all maps ending in a tie, so I suppose that also in time zones with less people maps go all the way to their natural length, an this is how we explain this "coincidence". In fact, last week the "circle" was changed only because one night Steam crashed during Kanalkampf. So, I support Vranac's proposal that I already made in another thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by EG14_Marcast View Post
    It's a lot of time that I don't see a map going on beyond the destruction of all targets: it happened sometimes only with London Raids, but that bug was then solved. It's in fact quite weird that we play the same maps at the same time, but we must consider that lately in European evening time ( the most frequented) I've seen all maps ending in a tie, so I suppose that also in time zones with less people maps go all the way to their natural length, an this is how we explain this "coincidence". In fact, last week the "circle" was changed only because one night Steam crashed during Kanalkampf. So, I support Vranac's proposal that I already made in another thread.
    +1

Fall Rot has been on from roughly 10pm-2am for the past 5 nights. Maybe more I only got back last Wednesday so I can't confirm more. I love the map but the real battle of France barely lasted that long just kidding. But seriously a little shuffle would be greatly appreciated.
    Happy Hunting,

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Pilot View Post
    +1

Fall Rot has been on from roughly 10pm-2am for the past 5 nights. Maybe more I only got back last Wednesday so I can't confirm more. I love the map but the real battle of France barely lasted that long just kidding. But seriously a little shuffle would be greatly appreciated.
    Not only that but it also clears out the server most of the time because of low players and lots don't like the map or don't like it with low players. They leave and we are left with even less players. The only 2 maps I ever play are sealion and fall rot cause they are ALWAYS on when I can play it's incredibly frustrating especially in the case of fall rot.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

DUI, some missions are very hard to complete and we are still flying the same one over and over again.
    I don't have anything against that mission but it's a bit boring after a few days.

I just asked if it's possible to put one new mission in the rotation so we'll fly different missions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Quote Originally Posted by vranac View Post
    " break the circle" because, for the example this whole week we're flying the same mission in the server " prime time" over and over again.
    I agree with this...It is highly important that we have a cycle of map rotation so that the same map is not running at the same time on consecutive evenings....Given that folks fly the same time spot due to their location we need a 'jazzed up' cycle that makes different maps run at different times...This will keep the server fresher for longer with no input.....Very important point..

Incedently, how many maps are in the current cycle?...and how long is the maximum they each can run for...4 hours?
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; May-13-2014 at 19:16.
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    89.17 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis
    I agree with this...It is highly important that we have a cycle of map rotation so that the same map is not running at the same time on consecutive evenings....Given that folks fly the same time spot due to their location we need a 'jazzed up' cycle that makes different maps run at different times...This will keep the server fresher for longer with no input.....Very important point..

Incedently, how many maps are in the current cycle?...and how long is the maximum they each can run for...4 hours?
    Salute and Howdy All,

Glad I'm not the only one getting tired of seeing the same maps every night!!

Gaidin

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

To my knowledge there are 5 missions in rotation with a 6th possibly being added soon, all with 4 hour time limits. I think Sealion is set to come up every 3rd mission since it was new. It's easy to say the missions are boring but we only have 1 map to work with and too few mission builders.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 9./JG52 Hans Gruber View Post
    ...It's easy to say the missions are boring but we only have 1 map to work with and too few mission builders.
    The maps are not boring, I enjoy all of them. Only, we'd like to have the chance to play all of them in different days.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    89.17 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 9./JG52 Hans Gruber
    It's easy to say the missions are boring but we only have 1 map to work with and too few mission builders
    Salute Hans!!

I never intended to imply the maps are "boring", Hans!! I was only trying to state that flying the same one every night can be tiresome. I appreciate all the hard work and sacrifice that the map makers put in to produce scenarios for us to enjoy!! I would never deride someone else's hard work when all I do is play and contribute nothing to the server. I was only trying to encourage an "enhanced" rotation so we can fly a different map every night.

Gaidin

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Carefull here....No one is saying the maps are boring....its just that if there are 5 maps in rotation then we need a system so that they are rotated and at the very least don't replay the same map on consecutive evenings...It would mean that 4 of the maps are not being played as much...I don't think the maps get rolled by the players that often and most certainly when the server is out of prime time and also when they do get rolled it would be near the end of the 4 hours so the system will only be thrown out of whack a short amount...

I don't know how it works or if it can be done....interesting though
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I understood what was meant and that no offense was intended or taken.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.26 MB

I would look at it more as liking all the maps enough that we want to see the wonderful variety of maps that have been made!
    Spec: Intel i9 11900k overclocked at 5.3 GHz, Asus Maximus XIII motherboard, 64 GB high speed DDR4 RAM, ROG Strix RTX 4090, M.2 HD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS with center stick and extension, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5 or HP Reverb G2, CH Throttle Quadrant, LG UltraGear 48GQ900 monitor.

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Saipan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

what are the 5 maps? kanal...sealion...dunkrik.... the south france one.... the 5 brit airfield one?
    ASUS Z370-A, i5 8600k, CM haf-x, EVGA gtx 1660 Ti SC ACX, Antec HC 850, Samsung 120GB SSD , WD Black 1TB, Corsair GSkill 16GB, Creative SB Recon, Creative G500 5.1, ASUS VS248h-P
    Me-110 Black 17 with Hptmn. Hans "AWAC" Warsteiner
    :
    Trust me , I fly a Bf 110 (C2-->C7)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by saipan View Post
    what are the 5 maps? kanal...sealion...dunkrik.... the south france one.... the 5 brit airfield one?
    Currently, the maps I've seen played in the rotation are:

Kanalkampf (Isle of Wight)
    Sealion
    Operation Dynamo (Dunkirk)
    Fall Rot (Battle of France)
    Hellfire Corner

The following maps appear to have been retired from the main ATAG server:

Operation Homeplate
    London Raids
    The Invasion at Littlestone
    71st_AH_RebelSqurl

"Those who cannot relinquish the comfort of their own hate, damn only themselves in the end."

Intel i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40 GHz | 2GB GeForce GTX 760 | 16GB DDR3-1866 DIMM | Win 10 | VKB Gladiator joystick

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by RebelSqurl View Post
    Currently, the maps I've seen played in the rotation are:

Kanalkampf (Isle of Wight)
    Sealion
    Operation Dynamo (Dunkirk)
    Fall Rot (Battle of France)
    Hellfire Corner

The following maps appear to have been retired from the main ATAG server:

Operation Homeplate
    London Raids
    The Invasion at Littlestone
    Homeplate and London raids have been some of the best maps and are sorely missed. Littlestone was a fantastic change and much needed for off-peak times with lower server numbers. Why have these 3 been retired?

Also the northern France one with the Hurricanes at calais marck, L12 headquarters plus boats... why on earth was this one taken out? A great map.

Is this all due to issues with the ai and stability? More maps are needed for sure, I'm just not sure why the awesome ones already made aren't back in there now.

Cheers
    Last edited by trademe900; May-14-2014 at 02:31.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Quote Originally Posted by trademe900 View Post
    Homeplate and London raids have been some of the best maps and are sorely missed. Littlestone was a fantastic change and much needed for off-peak times with lower server numbers. Why have these 3 been retired?

Also the northern France one with the Hurricanes at calais marck, L12 headquarters plus boats... why on earth was this one taken out? A great map.

Is this all due to issues with the ai and stability? More maps are needed for sure, I'm just not sure why the awesome ones already made aren't back in there now.

Cheers
    Homeplate and London raids were taken out because they were dependant on AI bomber raids I think. And since we apparently dont want that anymore they were taken i think.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    7.46 MB

London Raids was retired at my request as I was not happy with the no-AI direction the server was taking and didn't feel that I should have to amend my creative vision to fit in with other's agendas. Pretty much the time I stopped flying on ATAG too. Shame, but what can you do?

What I would say is that a lot of my code (and Salmo's) is available here in the script rooms and is no doubt already in use on ATAG missions. It's there to be used, so get into FMB and have a dabble. Once it's on the server people will help you find the problems and I always found Bliss helpful in updating the various iterations of London Raids as I knocked off bugs one by one. Have a go at making a mission, and thereby increase the variety you find in the rotation.