Thread: NEW IL-2 1946 The Full Monty 412 Mod

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    13.38 MB

NEW IL-2 1946 The Full Monty 412 Mod

This came out a recently and looks sweet. Recommend you have some experience modding 46' or get help if you haven't for this mod. It takes some time to get your JGSME up to snuff but look at the volume of stuff in it. Enjoy

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=40015.0
    Aggressiveness was fundamental to success in air-to-air combat and if you ever caught a fighter pilot in a defensive mood you had him licked before you started shooting.

~Captain David McCampbell
    Leading USN Ace WWII
    34 Victories

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Re: NEW IL-2 1946 The Full Monty 412 Mod

Now even I'm a lil confused.
    I usually run HSFX7. Are any of these compatible with that or are they only for the vanilla 4.12.2 ?
    If I host a multiplayer and i have one or more of these mods and others don't can they still join ?
    How do u install so that they show up in JSGME ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    184.7 KB

Hello, I seem to remember that this is for the Dark Blue World offline set up. More details here http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?board=189.0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Still not sure just what to.do.with all these files. Download modact v5.3, hotfix and the other 5.3 files. Just starting to download all these files and start the install procedure.
    Currently I have a Vanilla v4.12.2, installed Modact v5.3......and now have to.work out what to.do from there....looks complicated but I'll give it a go. Thins like make sure you have the UP .sfs files listed.....should they just not be included in this pack? Maybe they are..time will tell. So-far I have a fully updated 4.12.2 with HSFX 7.01 (using the auto-updater) and that works as my safety backup. Hope I can try this Full Monty version...cheers, MP
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    13.38 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    Still not sure just what to.do.with all these files. Download modact v5.3, hotfix and the other 5.3 files. Just starting to download all these files and start the install procedure.
    Currently I have a Vanilla v4.12.2, installed Modact v5.3......and now have to.work out what to.do from there....looks complicated but I'll give it a go. Thins like make sure you have the UP .sfs files listed.....should they just not be included in this pack? Maybe they are..time will tell. So-far I have a fully updated 4.12.2 with HSFX 7.01 (using the auto-updater) and that works as my safety backup. Hope I can try this Full Monty version...cheers, MP
    Once you have her up to 4.12.2 w/modcat all set clean and....the sfs files, extract those TFM files into JGSME Mod Folder in sequential order. The old TFM required you to have a clean right side of the JGSME app before adding all 25 mod packs, but for this one that didn't work. I'm attempting to redo it with the modcat stuff enabled first then adding the 25 modules. Hope that helps, if it doesn't work for me my printer will be going thru my office window in anger and frustration.
    Aggressiveness was fundamental to success in air-to-air combat and if you ever caught a fighter pilot in a defensive mood you had him licked before you started shooting.

Leading USN Ace WWII
    34 Victories

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    13.38 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DD_Crash View Post
    Hello, I seem to remember that this is for the Dark Blue World offline set up. More details here http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?board=189.0
    Thats the old one, this is based on SAS since DBW wants to stay with 4.10

Leading USN Ace WWII
    34 Victories

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    13.38 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Torian View Post
    Now even I'm a lil confused.
    I usually run HSFX7. Are any of these compatible with that or are they only for the vanilla 4.12.2 ?
    If I host a multiplayer and i have one or more of these mods and others don't can they still join ?
    How do u install so that they show up in JSGME ?
    No, this is more meant for offline

Leading USN Ace WWII
    34 Victories

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    13.38 MB

Up and running and it runs great. Make sure you have SAS modcat and associated mods on the right side of your JGSME before you start putting the TFM mods on the right. I can tell you from experience the JGSME time required for these mods is ridiculous so don't screw it up like I did the first time.

Leading USN Ace WWII
    34 Victories

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Okay, I have downloaded and extracted all the Mod folders...BUT...before I start copying files across into my jgsme folder...what folders actually go in there? I'll explain.

So let's look at the Modact v5.3 folder structure. Inside there is a folder called: #SAS

Inside the Vanilla #SAS folder are four more folders called: InstantLog, MAPMODS, STD and XTD

So now looking at the downloaded 'Full Monty' files and folders, let's look at first file in the download list (after the vanilla folder) called: #TFM412-01_MAPMODS

So clicking on the download link downloads a compressed file called: #TFM412-01_MAPMODS.7zip (or rar/or .zip (sorry deleted them after they were all extracted)

I then extract that file and it creates a folder called: #TFM412-01_MAPMODS

So opening that folder I see two more folders, one called #SAS and the other called documentation.

Almost done.

So do I copy the contents of the #SAS folder into the Modact #SAS folder OR do I copy the folder called #TFM412-01_MAPMODS into my jgsme folder and ectivate them one-by-one in there?

Cheers, MP
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    13.38 MB

Every tfm mod #1 thru 25 should each be extracted into the jgsmemod folder, there is other ways but others will need to pipe in Then enable sas mods first followed by 1-25.
    Cheers

Update: Apparently it runs great in coop if everyone is samey same!
    Last edited by darkside3/4; May-29-2014 at 12:24.

Leading USN Ace WWII
    34 Victories

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Okay followed the exact instructions....does this look correct?

SAS instructions jsgme installed version.jpg

I should add I followed exactly the instructions here but are those #TFM folders supposed to be there? All were activated using jsgme.

Cheers, MP

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

I am a admn at SAS.com and agree it is difficult to mod The full monty and in general mod the game. This is because people in general take offense if you offer them a automatic installer, it would also mess up the game if people have altered any ini entries.
    Take your time and ask and read tutorials are in general a good idea.
    The full monty enebale you to fly all missions ever made and you will have most maps and objects. The author is a friend of mine, he is a great person

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    13.38 MB

Sorry been away, I'll have to look in my file

Leading USN Ace WWII
    34 Victories

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Okay, so somewhere the jsgme mod enabler seems to be a little FUBAR?

I didn't extract the MODS into my IL2 directory, I extracted them all into their separate folders then copied those folders into the jsgmemods folder. I then activated them...and they all appeared in my main install directory rather than in my #SAS folder?

So any ideas why?

And

what now!?

Got to say I was looking forward to this but I am now thinking that it will be best to just do the copy and paste of the contents of #SAS folder inside each of the #TFM folders because using the jsgme just extracts the folders into the main dirctory not the #SAS directory?

Help!!!

contents of jsgme folder.jpg

jsgme mod enabler.jpg

contents of SAS folder.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I tried this when it first came out and got flustered.. I still have 3 copies on my HDs.. a stock.. a SAS 5.3 w AIs and HSFX .. Maybe I will try this again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

The thing that keeps me from installing this is the advice to use jsgme mod, and that take just too much time. Monty is a dear friend of me and a team mate at SAS. I always wanted to install it so I could complete the QMB for full 4.12 feature. I have reworked almost all stock qmb and made new ones to the new maps and lack atm many maps and objects to make them well.
    I stopped to see what going to happened with the 4.13 patch, if it comes. Those installing TFM are saying it is great.
    I never stop fly IL 2 methink