Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hearts of Iron IV

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Saipan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB
    ASUS Z370-A, i5 8600k, CM haf-x, EVGA gtx 1660 Ti SC ACX, Antec HC 850, Samsung 120GB SSD , WD Black 1TB, Corsair GSkill 16GB, Creative SB Recon, Creative G500 5.1, ASUS VS248h-P
    Me-110 Black 17 with Hptmn. Hans "AWAC" Warsteiner
    :
    Trust me , I fly a Bf 110 (C2-->C7)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Smile Re: Hearts of Iron IV

The day is here. After more than 2 years waiting for it. Less than 1,5 hours from now we'll know how it has turned out, but considering the many streams already out there from reviewers and Beta players, it's gonna be good. Have fun playing this game all!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

Re: Hearts of Iron IV

not impressed at all...ill give a few days but i really think they dropped the ball
    ASUS Z370-A, i5 8600k, CM haf-x, EVGA gtx 1660 Ti SC ACX, Antec HC 850, Samsung 120GB SSD , WD Black 1TB, Corsair GSkill 16GB, Creative SB Recon, Creative G500 5.1, ASUS VS248h-P
    :

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    160.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by III./ZG76_Saipan View Post
    not impressed at all...ill give a few days but i really think they dropped the ball
    I haven't actually made the plunge yet, just too busy with work and also it's not exactly cheap atm. But which aspects didn't you like? I assume someone will come along sooner or later to mod this much like they did with darkest hour.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    184.7 KB

I'm curious myself, what don't you like about it? I've enjoyed Paradox's Crusader Kings. They make really immersive games, however Crusader involves a crap ton of reading, and a lot of the systems are far more complex than I can vaguely understand. Either way, it's fun to lock your brother in a dungeon, marry his wife, and steal his land.

HoI IV and Stellaris look like really interesting titles, I was going to wait for them to go on sale and for all the bugs to be fixed. (Although I think I got Crusader Kings pretty early on and didn't notice any major bugs.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    754 Bytes

20160615233234_1.jpg

I quess from here "Wolfenstein: The New Order" begins

7. Likes hnbdgr liked this post
    Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    110.68 MB

Click through infinite confusing menus whilst the RNG melts your CPU trying to decide the battles that shaped history! Enjoy all the exciting action of the map sometimes going stripey in places!

It would be better if they let you fight the battles at least, like in Total War, other than that I'd rather watch a nice patch of fresh paint drying. If I want to read history I'd pick a history book, not a history game. Sorry, I just don't see the appeal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    160.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBlonde View Post
    Click through infinite confusing menus whilst the RNG melts your CPU trying to decide the battles that shaped history! Enjoy all the exciting action of the map sometimes going stripey in places!

It would be better if they let you fight the battles at least, like in Total War, other than that I'd rather watch a nice patch of fresh paint drying. If I want to read history I'd pick a history book, not a history game. Sorry, I just don't see the appeal.
    well, have you played it? There's a reason so many people like the Crusader Kings and HoI series.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    754 Bytes

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBlonde View Post

This is the game where you can make your own history. But also you can lead your chosen as it was in real history. My very first HoI series expirience was with reading the book. I even asigned politicians, commanders of divisions and armies like it was written in the book. I was learning military operations and tried to replay it in the game. So it was ineresting for me.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    110.68 MB

How did they work out?

And what do you actually DO? That's what baffles me. I've watched people play it and they all seem to spend a lot of time going "Ah" and "Ummm" and that's about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    184.7 KB

Is it more streamlined than HOI3 or Crusader Kings? I enjoyed the neat events and plots that came out of CK, but I've spent hours staring blankly at tiny obscure icons in massive complex menus.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

i've only played as japan so far. i dont like the fact they penalize you for researching things that are advanced in relation to your time your at. for example as japan i want to get ahead with my carrier research but since the next carrier is 2 years advanced you get a sig penalty in in research time. this go's for planes, tanks etc.

i will say the naval combat seems more open to see whats actually whats happening. they have a small window pop up which displays the 2 fleets and states distance and various stats.

i haven't figured out the battle planner yet.. i still prefer to move units manually.

no air supply in the game is which is insane.

still luke warm to the game. we shall see what updates happen.
    :

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12