Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team Fusion Update - June 27th 2014 - Effects work + cloudy with a chance of fps :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Team Fusion Update - June 27th 2014 - Effects work + cloudy with a chance of fps :)

Hi everyone, here we go again then, starting the cycle of working through effects in a bid to get as many frames-per-second as we can while keeping them looking realistic.

In this video you'll see (all are still Work in Progress!!) the new explosion effects, enhanced fire and smoke realism, AA barrel flash, and a few other bits and pieces.

Finally in the video there is other work shown to see if Cloud environments can be enhanced to make flying in overcast possible but using some clever scripting.....but again it's still early days and this could take a considerable amount of time....but early progress is interesting

In other news work continues on the new map. Textures are being created and they are huge plates for the map but look amazing. Once these are added the buildings and environmental features will be added to enhance it and make it look like the area it depicts. Currently the detail that is going into it (research on original maps, images (aerial and ground)) is very intense but this is what will make it worth the effort

Finally, we are looking at the Bugtracker much more regularly and where we can fix issues we will and if we can't we'll certainly hold them in reserve for if/when we can dig out the code/issue and resolve it. So please enter your bug finding reports on the official Bugtracker which is shown below.

As before, depending on whether we can release news/features, the next update may not be for maybe 2-4 weeks, but we'll certainly keep the updates coming when we can.

Okay, so first the video, then the bugtracker:

Video is here:

https://vimeo.com/99322705

Bugtracker information:

From the Team Fusion Bugtracker

The bugtracker (http://tfbt.nuvturais.de/projects/il2clodtf) keeps accumulating data: Since the last published update on May 30th, 12 new users brought the total up to 727 registered users of which 39(+15) have been active since then. We currently have 100(+16) issues (74(+11) bugs and 26(+5) feature requests) of which 2 have already been resolved with patch 4.312 and 8(+3) are currently in progress to be fixed or implemented.

20 new issues have been raised since the last update, among them are (no judgment implied):
    • Reported bug #586: "Trees lack collision detection" (In Progress)
    • Feature request #582: "Shooting range"
    • Reported bug #559: "Map: Weird Elevation Near Dieppe"

The issues with the highest (summary) vote currently are:
    • 7: #513: "Damage model: Hit decals missing"
    • 6: #581: "RAF fighter engines incorrectly start cold in Multiplayer"
    • 5: #501: "Spitfire: brakes not stopping the aircraft"

We invite all pilots to participate in the bugtracker either by reporting bugs, requesting features, and/or vote on issues. But before you do anything, please read the guidelines and FAQ here: http://tfbt.nuvturais.de/projects/il2clodtf/boards/4
    ===

Cheers, MP/TF
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Heaven, I've already served my time in Hell!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    12.34 MB

Re: Team Fusion Update - June 27th 2014 - Effects work + cloudy with a chance of fps

To all who are contributing a great thanks!

The clouds at the end of the video are magnificent, and that's an understatement.

Celer, Silens, Mortalis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Team Fusion Update - June 27th 2014 - Effects work + cloudy with a chance of fps

I looooove it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    907.2 KB

Great stuff as always gentlemen...cant wait!

The 109 losing his wing at 2:56 ... Tree collision or a strategically placed telephone pole? Looked good either way

"...pressure is a Messerschmitt up your arse, playing cricket is not."
    - Keith Miller, Australian Test Cricketer, Australian Rules Footballer and WW2 RAAF pilot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    81.6 KB

S!

Nice Team Fusion!

Keep going!

On the border of the Eastern and Western Roman Empire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    763 Bytes

stunning
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    click here for fixes if you have stutters in Cliffs Of Dover

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Ziegler's Avatar
    Coast of Maine - Halfway between the equator and the North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Excellent! The collision with trees and other aircraft are a big deal. No more hiding in trees (what if one has trees turned off?) and secondly and more importent is the aircraft collisions as both are damaged as would be instead of one flying away as if nothing happened as occurs now based on server poling at that instant or however it's determined.
    Corsair 600T-Gigabite Gigabyte Z77-UD5 mobo-I7 Ivy Bridge 3770k@3.5ghz-Scythe Ninja 3 -16g HyperX- EVGA GTX 670 FTW-HyperX SSD-Logitech G19-Cyborg Ratz 9-CH Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and throttle with MFG Crosswind pedals, BenQ 2420T monitor, Track IR-5, Obutto Rev3. http://9jg52.com/

Glückliche sieben

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Fantastic! Great effects and a wonderful cloudy sky!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Naz View Post

The 109 losing his wing at 2:56 ... Tree collision or a strategically placed telephone pole? Looked good either way

Telephone pole, if you look closely...
    MSI GAMING G65 // i7 4770k @ 4.2GHZ // ASUS GTX 780 CUll // 8GB RAM (@1600mhz) // Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Version
    Thrustmaster T16000 + Saitek x52 Throttle // Saitek Throttle Quadrant // MFG Crosswind Pedals // Track IR 5

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Yes, telephone Pole....and that was the Ai did it! I only noticed later when I was reviewing the track....however, TF are working on a way to implement collisions.....still WiP and maybe for another update along the line (it is being looked at though )

Cheers, MP
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

hmm.. overcast. Love it. Probably far outside the realm of possible but having a rainy storm would be damn great just for the fantastic backdrop it would give for desperate dogfights.

BTW: Why aren't there collisions for the trees when they can get collisions for buildings just fine? Aren't they technically the same thing in the engine?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Quote Originally Posted by arglmauf View Post
    hmm.. overcast. Love it. Probably far outside the realm of possible but having a rainy storm would be damn great just for the fantastic backdrop it would give for desperate dogfights.

BTW: Why aren't there collisions for the trees when they can get collisions for buildings just fine? Aren't they technically the same thing in the engine?
    Rain would be awesome...but we can't do everything at once

Regarding tree collisions. CloD used Speedtree and this, while generating lots of trees, isn't so great resource wise. Here's a quote from the original developers of CloD:

"Heliocon: For the trees, (is speed tree being used?) why not just create a hitbox around their center and generate it when a plane gets close to/within a certain range of a tree.

Luthier: That's exactly what we tried at first, but there are too many trees and too many planes. We also use a rather unorthodox scheme for tree coordinates, which allows us to generate more trees in a frame than perhaps ever in the history of speedtree, but that also makes collisions difficult to track.

Even with a single plane, anything we try leads to significant freezes when flying over terrain, much worse than anything you currently see, and if you have say two large squadrons taking off one in England and one in France, forget it, the constant generation of collisions against multiple fast-moving objects kills everything.

This could possibly be cured by dumping everything onto a separate core used for nothing but tree collisions, but that would instantly increase our system requirements to 4+ core systems."

So TF are having to look at a more resource friendly way of doing this, while at the same time working out how to make it work online too (so players can't just switch off trees!).

We are aware of this and are still looking at 'elegant' solutions, one day, when 1C release the Source Code (and TF have a collective age of 3756 years-old) we may be able to do a better job. Currently it's all workarounds.....but so-far we have had a good set of results from our work

Cheers, MP

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.77 MB

Oh wow that's brilliant stuff - those clouds looked incredible. Its great that we get these regular teaser updates anyway but to see such detail in them is fantastic - thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Mama mia!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

+1
    Last edited by implicit A; Jun-27-2014 at 11:50.

core I5 3570K - win 7 64 on SSD - COD & BOS & DCS P51-HUEY-HAWK on SSD - RAM 8,00 Go - GTX 670 - MSFF2 - opentrack -

sweetfx last for BOS :http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/index....attach_id=6340
    sweetfx last for CLOD : http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...3&d=1406627211

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

GREAT GREAT FANTASTIC MARVELOUS AWESOME WORK on impact sounds and visuals !

Just a little suggestion
    in your vid between 4"11 4"27 when spit is quite far from camera. il looks like the same loop sample.

Just listen difference between that one
    and that one between 9"32 9"37.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ll=1#post46919

MysticPuma thanks a lot for all the great news, and congratulation to all the team !

keep the dream alive !

core I5 3570K - win 7 64 on SSD - COD & BOS & DCS P51-HUEY-HAWK on SSD - RAM 8,00 Go - GTX 670 - MSFF2 - opentrack -

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Fantastic work chaps,the explosions when aircraft hit the ground are bloody awesome,sooooo realistic,thank you so much as always for your hard work,this just gets better

BTW don't wish to be rude,but how's my Vickers Wellington coming on?............thought you chaps might appreciate a real 1940's propoganda poster which has a Wellington Pilot Sergeant Ernest John Holland from 149 Sqn asking help to build his Wellington bomber.Thought it quite apt.

Attachment 10354
    Last edited by Meaks; Jun-27-2014 at 11:53.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Incredible effects...perfect and optimized.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Perfect work, we are flying in the brazil more than ever now
    thank you all.
    10466800_10201197127930092_1828247119_n.jpg
    9./JG54 GERMANWOLF

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Plt Off JRB Meaker View Post
    BTW don't wish to be rude,but how's my Vickers Wellington coming on?............

Attachment 10354
    Work continues. However, everyone should understand this is not a small undertaking and it will take a long time. Creating state of the art cockpits and other aspects required a huge investment in time.

I will give you an example:

BATTLE OF STALINGRAD took more than two years to get to the stage they are now... and they STARTED with the external models to their aircraft already completed... the work had already been done by Luthier and his team before they were fired.

Now we are optimistic our creation of a flyable Wellington and other types will not take as long as that, but it will be a task which will require patience.
    Last edited by RAF74_Buzzsaw; Jun-27-2014 at 12:57.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

great work thank you Gentlemen....

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Work continues. However, everyone should understand this is not a small undertaking and it will take a long time. Creating state of the art cockpits and other aspects required a huge investment in time.

I will give you an example:

BATTLE OF STALINGRAD took more than two years to get to the stage they are now... and they STARTED with the external models to their aircraft already completed... the work had already been done by Luthier and his team before they were fired.

Now we are optimistic our creation of a flyable Wellington and other types will not take as long as that, but it will be a task which will require patience.
    I was being rude was'nt I,no problem Buzz,I fully appreciate the mamouth task ahead my friend,but I know you have the team to accomplish such a task,I think we all stand in awe of the achievements so far and have great expectations of future work

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Quote Originally Posted by implicit A View Post
    GREAT GREAT FANTASTIC MARVELOUS AWESOME WORK on impact sounds and visuals !

Just a little suggestion
    in your vid between 4"11 4"27 when spit is quite far from camera. il looks like the same loop sample.

Just listen difference between that one
    and that one between 9"32 9"37.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ll=1#post46919

MysticPuma thanks a lot for all the great news, and congratulation to all the team !

keep the dream alive !

I can't believe it! Actually you are correct but it was me not an audio loop! When I put the video together I unlinked the audio from the video and overwrote the first clip of audio. In all honesty, rather than re-insert and re-edit the clip...I left it as it was.......and you spotted it

Note to self, don't be lazy next time implicit may be listening

Very well spotted....no go away and pretend like no-one noticed

Cheers, MP

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Very nice! Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Mysticpuma you're welcome.
    i was in laugh when i read your post !

good news it was not the final far flyby sound in that configuration.

anyway it's better you spend most of your time on TF mod work than on tweaking and polishing a Vid

Last edited by implicit A; Jun-27-2014 at 14:46.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Awesome work. I'm sure your hands are full, but I wonder if anyone has looked at the feasibility of OR support at some point?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
    Awesome work. I'm sure your hands are full, but I wonder if anyone has looked at the feasibility of OR support at some point?
    When someone has the money to pay for the purchase of an O.R. system which would allow our chief coder to investigate implementing it in CoD we might consider this possibility... but at the moment, no.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    "RAF fighter engines incorrectly start cold in Multiplayer
    Don't all engines start cold in Cliffs?
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Luftwaffe engines are pre-warmed, no such joy in the RAF. IRL the RAF were ready to scramble with warmed up and positioned fighters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    Luftwaffe engines are pre-warmed, no such joy in the RAF. IRL the RAF were ready to scramble with warmed up and positioned fighters.
    As one would expect.
    Just asking, my temp gauges are all the way to the left when I start up. No matter. Whatever gets targets in the air faster is good with me

Effects look great, thx MP/TF
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast