Thread: Not the typical micro stuttering, anyone seen this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Not the typical micro stuttering, anyone seen this?

Hi all,

First, my system:

i5-2500k at 4.2 GHz
    8GB corsair vengeance
    EVGA 780 ti Classified with 3x LG 20" 1600x900 monitors
    Latest Nvidia driver
    EVO 250GB SSD

CH FighterStick, Pro Pedals and Throttle.
    TrackIR 3 with vector expansion and hat clip.

Graphics in game are maxed, 2x AA, vsync no SSAO, The lowest fps I've seen is 59, without vsync I'm getting an avg of 80.

Now, the interesting thing I'm seeing, when looking forward, it's smooth as butta, and the side screens are smooth peripherally but if I look back between 4-5 and 7-8 o'clock (and only there), I notice these micro stutters. It's nothing huge (my fps doesn't drop) and I thought I had it worked out last night but it's back and I'm curious as to what might be causing it? I've tried the nvidia settings in this forum with no change.

Like I said, no big deal but if anyone has any suggestions on what might be causing it I'd appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    160.45 MB

Re: Not the typical micro stuttering, anyone seen this?

Big one for me was cleaning cache regularly and in nvidia: setting pre rendered frames to 1 and enabling tripple buffering. But I'm running a single monitor so with a triple monitor set up I can imagine all sorts of hickups!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I've actually tried those things as well with no change. It's one of those little things that shouldn't bother me, but for some reason I notice greatly lol

To me it looks like texture loading, but even on lower detail it happens, but why it happens only when looking back right and left is odd to me. Guess I should try on a single screen to see if it stays, but no way am I not running 3 screens

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Are you using Trackir ?

If you do try to test it by using mouse to look around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    160.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    I've actually tried those things as well with no change. It's one of those little things that shouldn't bother me, but for some reason I notice greatly lol

To me it looks like texture loading, but even on lower detail it happens, but why it happens only when looking back right and left is odd to me. Guess I should try on a single screen to see if it stays, but no way am I not running 3 screens
    Aha, one thing that comes to mind..... trackIR or FTnoir. Are you using it? Check if you can see all sensors when your head is moved at the leftmost and rightmost angle. My bet is... that your sensor/camera is temporarily loosing sight of one or more sensors at the extreme end. This will temporarily stop the program from evaluating your position and freeze movement. Except it happens so quickly and the IR points seem to flicker so in reality you perceive it as stuttering. I had that some time ago - couldn't figure out what it was for days.

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Osiris, are u getting this online or offline or both?

I noticed something very similar when I was setting up my system offline and couldn't get totally rid of it. But once I went online I stopped noticing it. Now while was probably due to my focus changing to looking for bad guys vice micro-stutters I do wonder if the online set up has been modified by the patches somehow whereas the offline ones in the maps I was flying on haven't. For instance in the 110 the pitch clock is noticeably jerky when I change pitch off line whereas online it's as smooth as silk.

Good luck trying to fix it.

Ezzie

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Oh yeah, TrackIR tracks my head well past where it would be in game. I have a pretty sensitive profile for horizontal movement. I use the same profile for BMS, DCS, etc. Also tried with a single screen only, same.

I also tried with just the mouse and it still does it.

So I thought, wonder if it happens at higher alts and at about 15K ft. it stopped. Took it to 20K and still no micro stutters. So it seems like it has to do with drawing ground textures at lower alts. Just weird that it's only at those points in the view.

I might try some different nVidia drivers, using the latest now but I think there is some beta drivers out. Thing is the older drivers don't support the 780 so I can only go back so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzie View Post
    Osiris, are u getting this online or offline or both?

I noticed something very similar when I was setting up my system offline and couldn't get totally rid of it. But once I went online I stopped noticing it. Now while was probably due to my focus changing to looking for bad guys vice micro-stutters I do wonder if the online set up has been modified by the patches somehow whereas the offline ones in the maps I was flying on haven't. For instance in the 110 the pitch clock is noticeably jerky when I change pitch off line whereas online it's as smooth as silk.

Good luck trying to fix it.

Ezzie

Ezzie, it happens online and offline, I really noticed it online as my head was on a swivel lol.

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Ezzie, it happens online and offline, I really noticed it online as my head was on a swivel lol.
    Ok - hope u find a fix Osiris.

Ezzie

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Welcome to the community and forums Osiris....~S~

I hope you found a solution for this problem....~S~

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It will save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve anyway..

Beginners Guide Link Here

Also try youtube for startup procedures on all the aircraft...

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and remember its all about the Fun!!!

...Lew...
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Lewis, I've already read most of your very helpful provided info

Resolution still alludes me, but it's not bad enough to keep me out of the air.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Same problem. Reduced Buiding density from Unlimited to High. Great improvement...
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Fidget View Post
    Same problem. Reduced Buiding density from Unlimited to High. Great improvement...
    Tried lowering pretty much everything to low with no luck, might just have to live with it lol

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi.

I get a similar problem Osiris.
    I'm running 3 screens with ATI card and Trackir 5, everything is smooth except when looking between 9-10 and 2-3 then its like very small stutters or slight jerky trackir, yet frame rate remains 55-60.
    I've tried changing all combination of settings, in game, graphics card and Trackir but with no luck.
    Its not that bad but very distracting and annoying when constantly looking around.
    If i switch to one screen no problem, it seems related to 3 screen use.
    For me this problem seems worse on some days/sessions both online or off than others. You think you've fixed it, then its back. Flustrating.

S!!
    Last edited by Hubert Bigglesworth; Aug-02-2014 at 12:43.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Ok, well I think I've finally gotten rid of the stutters.

1. Set the launcher.exe to run as administrator (I don't have UAC on, so not sure how this helped but it did)
    2. Set the launcher.exe to disable desktop composition (This seems to disable aero, but I got screen tearing if I disabled aero completely in the OS...this setting doesn't cause tearing)
    3. Set the launcher.exe to run in compatibility mode for Windows 7. (I have Windows 7, this is just set for good measure)

It not only helped with the stuttering looking back, but everything else seems much much smoother in general.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    160.45 MB

Ok, well I think I've finally gotten rid of the stutters.

1. Set the launcher.exe to run as administrator (I don't have UAC on, so not sure how this helped but it did)
    2. Set the launcher.exe to disable desktop composition (This seems to disable aero, but I got screen tearing if I disabled aero completely in the OS...this setting doesn't cause tearing)
    3. Set the launcher.exe to run in compatibility mode for Windows 7. (I have Windows 7, this is just set for good measure)

It not only helped with the stuttering looking back, but everything else seems much much smoother in general.
    Disabling aero either way - manually in windows or through launch parameters will result in screen tearing if Vertical Sync isn't enabled. I think even if your in-game Vsync is enabled you'll get screen tearing. The workaround for that is to force VC through the GPU settings (e.g. Nvidia Control panel/manage 3D settings) Perhaps you've enabled it there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by hnbdgr View Post
    Disabling aero either way - manually in windows or through launch parameters will result in screen tearing if Vertical Sync isn't enabled. I think even if your in-game Vsync is enabled you'll get screen tearing. The workaround for that is to force VC through the GPU settings (e.g. Nvidia Control panel/manage 3D settings) Perhaps you've enabled it there?
    Actually I have it enabled in game, and in the control panel I have it set to use the application settings. No screen tearing. I have to say this is the oddest graphics engine I've ever dealt with.
    I agree that it doesn't make sense but I'll take it lol. It also resolved a huge stuttering issue with my buddy who is using SLI with 3 screens, he's never been able to run the game smoothly at all.