Thread: Stagnation?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Stagnation?

Don't want to complain, as we have some great missions - but I think I'm noticing we are playing the same ones over and over again for quite some time.

Wouldn't mind some new fresh missions...

"My idea of flying is to have a group take off together, stick together, fight together, try to accomplish the mission together and hopefully all land together" - AKA_Recon

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Re: Stagnation?

First post in a long time, but I was hoping to get another mission done this summer but just ran out of time, too much stuff going on.

If people want I'll tell Bliss to give whoever wants it my mission files to Operation Relinquish and they can edit an existing mission to freshen things up. The scripting is the bitch part and all one would have to do is change a couple text things if they wanted to change targets.

Example: Change the map in the text editor, change the time, then change some targets and even move them. All one would have to do is locate the "Le Harve Fuel Depot", change it to whatever or move it, move that particular trigger and then change the text that fires when its destroyed to whatever the new target is. Someone with a little mission building could probably take my mission and make a relatively new map/mission in a matter of hours or a day.

Just a thought since I am CloD/PC-less for a while now.

Bliss- Feel free to send out my mission for editing to anyone who wants to, I know theres a lot of people out there with great ideas but the MP script is the bitch part, this way its all done and ready to go if someone is willing to change a few things in the FMB and then some text in the scripts.

Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    160.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_Recon View Post
    Don't want to complain, as we have some great missions - but I think I'm noticing we are playing the same ones over and over again for quite some time.

Wouldn't mind some new fresh missions...
    +1

xvii-Dietrich

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritus_Mortem View Post
    If people want I'll tell Bliss to give whoever wants it my mission files to Operation Relinquish and they can edit an existing mission to freshen things up. The scripting is the bitch part and all one would have to do is change a couple text things if they wanted to change targets.
    We would be keen to take this work on and develop some new missions for the ATAG community. Having the scripts to use as templates for the new material would save a lot of work and help match the existing style of ATAG missions. If Spiritus_Mortem or ATAG_Bliss are interested, drop me a PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Only thing I have to add to this is to possibly add another mission, making it an odd number of missions, instead of just replacing. Reason being, if there are 6 missions each being 4 hours, then that is 24 hours. I generally only play on a Friday and Saturday night at the same times. I can't remember the last time I logged in on a Saturday and didn't have the same mission I logged into on Friday. Sometimes for several weekends in a row. An odd number of missions could at least help in cycling through a bit better if missions are going full time, or near full time.

Just my 2¢

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mudcat View Post
    Only thing I have to add to this is to possibly add another mission, making it an odd number of missions, instead of just replacing. Reason being, if there are 6 missions each being 4 hours, then that is 24 hours. I generally only play on a Friday and Saturday night at the same times. I can't remember the last time I logged in on a Saturday and didn't have the same mission I logged into on Friday. Sometimes for several weekends in a row. An odd number of missions could at least help in cycling through a bit better if missions are going full time, or near full time.

Just my 2¢
    Can someone let me know how many maps we have in rotation at the moment?
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Aug-18-2014 at 14:39.
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by xvii-Dietrich View Post
    We would be keen to take this work on and develop some new missions for the ATAG community. Having the scripts to use as templates for the new material would save a lot of work and help match the existing style of ATAG missions. If Spiritus_Mortem or ATAG_Bliss are interested, drop me a PM.

PM sent!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post

Can someone let me know how many maps we have in rotation at the moment?
    It should be Hellfire Corner, Dunkirk, Sealion, Kanalkampf, Fall Rot and Relinquish.....6 maps, the "wrong" number. It could be enough adding one of the old maps, if they are compatible with the latest patch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by EG14_Marcast View Post
    It should be Hellfire Corner, Dunkirk, Sealion, Kanalkampf, Fall Rot and Relinquish.....6 maps, the "wrong" number. It could be enough adding one of the old maps, if they are compatible with the latest patch.
    Sounds about right, or at least I would think it's an even number, as for instance, Hellfire corner was up when I logged on this 2 saturday's ago, not sure about that friday, then again this past friday and saturday nights @10:30 pm EDT.

I enjoy the mission, so no complaints there, just I know personally that I had stopped playing for a bit not long after 4.312 as every time I logged on I would encounter the same map, then after a good 2 month break came back, same map was on at that time for the first few weekends but yeah even throwing in an old mission to get that odd number would be nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

What if as a start we change the rotation around so it rotate differently

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

We have this thread linked in the private forums and we are working on it as we speak...We will keep you posted as to what the outcome is....

Thanks for the contributions here...and please give us your opinions...~S~
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Aug-18-2014 at 20:00.
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

We have this thread linked in the private forums and we are working on it as we speak...We will keep you posted as to what the outcome is....

Thanks for the contributions here...and please give us your opinions...~S~

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    7.46 MB

I have a server rotation tool which picks missions at random. We never play the same rotation order twice.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    89.17 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 92 Sqn. Reddog (QJ-R) View Post
    I have a server rotation tool which picks missions at random. We never play the same rotation order twice.
    Salute and Howdy All,

I like this idea, is it feasible?

Gaidin

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

That's what we where thinking of doing. It should only take like 4 more lines of code

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Top Bananas!!...Thanks Reddog..~S~
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Aug-19-2014 at 16:45.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Top Bananas!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB