Thread: Anyway to get a printout of the briefing?

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Anyway to get a printout of the briefing?

Does anybody know of a good method to get a printout/hard copy of the current mission briefing? They can be quite long and it would be so much more convenient to be able to obtain the mission text and send it to a printer, but I can't figure out an obvious way here. Is the briefing temporarily saved in a file anywhere, for example?

Also, I saw that at least some of the missions have their own threads here and the briefing is given for each side. How do you see what the title of a mission is after you join a side?
    Last edited by limbo696; Aug-19-2014 at 18:54.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    820.0 KB

Re: Anyway to get a printout of the briefing?

I agree, this would be immensely helpful.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

You mean "briefing" for online maps?

If are the case, a "workaround" - until the mission makers dont publish his "briefings" somewhere.

Enter the online mission, select side, plane, hit create plane and on runway bring the Map.

Right click over map (on "kneeboard") and on popup menu tick "briefing".

Briefing 1.jpg

The "kneeboard" now display the mission briefing in text.

Briefing 3.jpg

Hit PrintScreen key, Alt+Tab for desktop, open a graphical program - Dont try use Photoshop or similar heavy suit!!!

I suggest IrfanView - low resources usage and easy to use (after get used), past (Ctrl+V) the "briefing" image.

In IrfanView if you put selection ( Right mouse click, move mouse) on image only around the text and hit Alt+Y ,
    the image is cut for this selection:

Briefing 31.jpg

Now print the image. "Piece of cake!"

Back to game - Alt+Tab or click on CloD icon on desktop - right mouse click over "kneeboard" again, untick "briefing" to display the map.
    Since you need do this only one time for each mission, is not big issue. After a period of map rotation you have all briefings.

Although the briefing in "kneeboard" is in text, I dont find a way to copy then in game, and no files are changed in the folders of the game when start a mission.

If you have two monitor, you can open the image with briefing on second screen, and play game on first:

Briefing 4.jpg
    On above screen CloD is open an running, I just minimize to show the extended desktop image, because in game PrintScreen capture only the game area.

Sokol1
    Last edited by 1lokos; Aug-19-2014 at 19:02.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thank you for the detailed tutorial, 1lokos. This works sufficiently well. In the past, I had taken screenshots of the regular briefing screen before you select a plane but this provide much more readable text.

Now, how do I figure out the name of the mission? (I see that some of the briefings have the title included but not all it seems.)

I noticed there is a briefing mission tab on the ATAG home page but there are just a few missions listed which appear to be out of date.
    Last edited by limbo696; Aug-19-2014 at 20:13.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

If you are using windows 7 (and possibly other versions of windows) try opening the brief that you want to copy, and then open "all programs", and "accessories", then the "snipping tool".
    Map out the area you want to print using the snipping tool, save it to the desktop and print it .

I use the snipping tool to copy areas of maps, and anything i want to save or print from the screen.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    757.71 MB

It makes me think that it would be helpful to have a sum-up of the briefing with the main objectives. A little like the "<obj<red or blue" stuff but not giving the targets done but the target still alive with their pos (ex: fuel depot in AB 20.4). If accessible with shortcut key it should be very convenient.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Gix View Post
    It makes me think that it would be helpful to have a sum-up of the briefing with the main objectives. A little like the "<obj<red or blue" stuff but not giving the targets done but the target still alive with their pos (ex: fuel depot in AB 20.4). If accessible with shortcut key it should be very convenient.
    Great idea!
    +1

Edit:

I remembered the well done "Mission Briefs" @ http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/missions.php
    Unfortunately it seems that the last update has been made a while ago and the maps "Sealion" and "Operation Relinquish" are missing.
    I know the map makers provided very nice mission briefings with screenshots etc.

Would be nice to get them either into the Mission Briefings or to collect them in a sticky thread (should take less time than updating the web page).
    If there is already such a thread i did not find it... maybe someone can point me to it.

S!
    Last edited by JG4_sKylon; Aug-28-2014 at 09:33.