Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Fusion Update - August 29th 2014 - Building from the ground up :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Team Fusion Update - August 29th 2014 - Building from the ground up :)

Hello again everyone, it's Friday and it's time for an update

Now let me say to start with, apologies for the trickle of news over the last few months but as it's Summer and on occasion (especially in the UK) the sun comes out....we head out of our bunkers and go and see what daylight looks like before heading back and continuing the modding process

So behind TF doors, I go round knocking on everyone's inbox and asking for news of what is being worked on only to be told....bugger off Mystic....we're at a critical stage and don't have time to dig out some nibbles for you to use Don't worry though, I don't give up that easily and just occasionally I get a message turn up that offers a real taste of some of the challenging work that is being undertaken by our guys and hopefully will be of interest to the community?

So, there I was sitting there hoping for a message in the forums or inbox and sure enough at the 11th hour I get the go ahead to release the following two images. These should be of great interest and I'll explain why

Landscape.jpg Hills.jpg

So what do we have here?

The first picture is from the newly developed Map Tool that our guys have been working on. On first glance it does look unimpressive but...on the picture you can see that not only the tool already can read terrain, water and textures directly from the game files but also render them appropriately. Yes, this was read directly from the game files. This means that yes, we understand 100% of the files already It should be pointed out that even though the graphics look almost complete, is only around 20% of the work. The other 80% is still remaining and most likely there will not be any more screenshots of the tool as we don't want to reveal too much. For this same reason, the toolbars have been removed from the screenshot.

The second image is not read from any of the game files, this terrain has been created from 'scratch' and was generated using the new map tool. It allows us to create all the features you would expect in a map tool such as high points and low points, water, etc, etc (as well as modify current map files available in the game).

It took a lot of work just to get to that point. Writing a terrain/map editor is almost as complicated as writing a game. The whole process of creation of the tool is a very complex and challenging one, requiring many many hours of work. This does mean though that the map code has been decoded and the good news that the community should understand is this tool is the key to us moving forward in terms of creating new Theaters and Campaigns (other than the one we are currently working on!), and therefore add much and many more environments for Cliffs of Dover pilots to fly in, or tank drivers to fight in, or AAA gunner operators to shoot aircraft from

Once it is complete then we will be able to move in any direction we choose and a lot more quickly and efficiently.

Okay so once I knew that we were going to officially announce our 'cracking' the map file code and the new map tool, I wondered what questions may be asked, so just in-case, here are some probable answers:

Question: Will this be publicly available?

Answer Currently the map tool when ready will only be for TF members to use, but there are map makers and texture artists waiting in the wings ready to start work once this becomes available and ready to use by the Team.

Question: So hills our mountains can be created too?

Answer: This is a map tool for making maps, it will do just that, make maps. Maps have high and low points, we can make these. This image just shows that we can and have created a tool that reads directly the game map structure and allows us to modify AND create new maps and features on existing maps

Question: Does this mean that we can have maps like the Pacific, Alps, Philippines, Berlin, etc, etc.

Answer: Well it's a map tool and it makes maps....those areas are on maps.....I think the answer is apparent?

Question: When will it be ready?

Answer: Two weeks..........we just don't know which two weeks that will be

So there you have another Friday update come and gone, hopefully it was worth the wait? The next update will again most likely be 2-4 weeks, but I'd rather have updates contain news of value than just nothing of much at-al;

As always, we are on the lookout for 3D modellers to help build and create new features, aircraft, cockpits, models for future environments so please check out this thread:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ad.php?t=11129

If you think you have a skill that could be of use to Team Fusion please contact me by PM or on email linked in the above link

And finally for those of you helping us identify bugs, here is the latest report from the Bugtracker which we really would urge you to join and help us pick out those nasty little game spoiling bugs that irritate all of us

From the Team Fusion Bugtracker

The bugtracker (http://tfbt.nuvturais.de/projects/il2clodtf) keeps accumulating data: Since the last published update on June, 28th, 42 new users brought the total up to 759 registered users of which 83 have been active since then. We currently have 111 open issues (83 bugs and 28 feature requests). 2 have already been resolved with patch 4.312 and 9 are currently in progress to be fixed or implemented.

18 new issues have been raised since the last update, among them are (no judgment implied):
    • Reported Bug #616: "Ju 87: brakes have to be stronger" (New)
    • Reported Bug #611: "Poor Map Meshing in sea area at Map Ref AC7 Cherbourg area" (New)
    • Feature Request #606: "Spitfire Mk I, Mk Ia, and Mk IIa: Missing Wheels position Indicator Rod in the Wings" (New)

The issues with the highest (summary) vote currently are:
    • 27: #581: "RAF fighter engines incorrectly start cold in Multiplayer" (New)
    • 19: #602: "Defensive AI Gunner Skill Levels Set Too High" (New)
    • 14: #589: "Hawker Hurricane start up" (New)

We invite all pilots to participate in the bugtracker either by reporting bugs, requesting features, and/or vote on issues. But before you do anything, please read the guidelines and FAQ here: http://tfbt.nuvturais.de/projects/il2clodtf/boards/4
    ===
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Re: Team Fusion Update - August 29th 2014 - Building from the ground up :)

Great job once again, can't wait to get back in the air in a few months!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Incredible, unbelievable, simply UNGLAUBLICH

Thanks for the update, hope summer finishes soon in TF-Country

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

Thank-you MP!

Two weeks, brilliant!

Septic.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Utterly FANTASTIC!!!!!

It has this wannabe Mosquito pilot absolutely "pinin' for the fjords", just like me pet parrot, "Norwegian Blue".

(Actually, I'd be thrilled for a flyable Beaufighter with its 4 cannon and 6 .303's... ).

Thanks for this update, MP. Team Fusion truly is keeping the dream alive.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    53.93 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post

(Actually, I'd be thrilled for a flyable Beaufighter with its 4 cannon and 6 .303's... ).
    Me too, then I can engage in my favourite pastime - low level stealth attacks. At least until the Tiffy or Mossie arrive.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had,
    but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"
    - Leonard Nimoy

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    81.6 KB

S!

Great guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

each time, info about TF work news are awesome.

always good stuff and pround to support your efforts.

core I5 3570K - win 7 64 on SSD - COD & BOS & DCS P51-HUEY-HAWK on SSD - RAM 8,00 Go - GTX 670 - MSFF2 - opentrack -

sweetfx last for BOS :http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/index....attach_id=6340
    sweetfx last for CLOD : http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...3&d=1406627211

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Great job once again, can't wait to get back in the air in a few months
    WOW
    OKA S
    TANKS TF !!!!FROM BRAZIL !!!
    9./JG54 GERMANWOLF

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.39 MB

Great and very interesting news !

THX!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Very exciting update, thanks so much TF!!!
    Don B

EVGA X79 Dark MB | Intel I-7 4820K@4.50 ghz | Corsair H100i Cooling System | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Mhz ram | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW|2 ea Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD's |NZXT Phantom 820 Case | TM Warthog w/ 7.5cm Ext by Sajah|MFG Crosswinds Pedals|Oculus Rift|Windows 10 64 Bit |

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

As has been said before, there is a lot going on behind the scenes at Team Fusion.

Much of the work is detailed and demanding and takes huge amounts of effort.

There is no timetable, the work gets done when the members have the time to set aside.

The good news is we continue to progress and advance the mod, and all the investment put into improving the game will eventually see publication.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by JG4_sKylon View Post
    Thanks for the update, hope summer finishes soon in TF-Country
    Yeah, a lot of dark, cold and rainy days.......

Thanks TF and MP for your effort!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

You guys are simply fantastic! Thank you a lot for your effort. The day when 5.0 will be released is probably going to be a major life event for me...
    MSI GAMING G65 // i7 4770k @ 4.2GHZ // ASUS GTX 780 CUll // 8GB RAM (@1600mhz) // Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Version
    Thrustmaster T16000 + Saitek x52 Throttle // Saitek Throttle Quadrant // MFG Crosswind Pedals // Track IR 5

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    484.9 KB

Nice work boys. Here's hoping for a long cold dark winter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Awesome stuff! And I wish I could help in anyway.

How on earth can "AI gunners be to strong" be high up on the vote list? Aren't they to weak? Or drunk? Either way mine can't hit anything.
    Cheers N8 and Master Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Dave View Post
    Otyg would win the most impact on me prize, he's a winner in my book.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Otyg View Post
    How on earth can "AI gunners be to strong" be high up on the vote list? Aren't they to weak? Or drunk? Either way mine can't hit anything.
    Have a look at the bugtracker entry, it's related opposing entry, and the linked discussion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

This is wonderful news ! The dream of new theaters/ maps to fly is getting closer and closer, the anticipation is almost to much to handle.

Hopefully TF 5.0 will be the opening of the flood gates.

Keep up the amazing work Team fusion !

Last edited by II/JG77_RC; Aug-30-2014 at 05:15.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

Realy Cool!!! But...
    Landscape_1.jpg
    The screenshot shows the same area in a few places and very close to each other. I hope this is fixable with a delicate approach end-user to the tools of map editor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Artist View Post
    Have a look at the bugtracker entry, it's related opposing entry, and the linked discussion.
    I tried. But i just keeps loading. I'm on my phone atm but I will look it up a soon as I get my hands on my computer.
    Cheers N8 and Master Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Dave View Post
    Otyg would win the most impact on me prize, he's a winner in my book.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    Realy Cool!!! But...
    Landscape_1.jpg
    The screenshot shows the same area in a few places and very close to each other. I hope this is fixable with a delicate approach end-user to the tools of map editor.
    compare it with a screenshot of the game (that is manston/ramsgate FYI)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    56.63 MB

Really great work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.21 MB

fantastic work! we appreciate your efforts! thanks TF!
    Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 1x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe, 2TB Samsung SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, EVGA 850 P2 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2 , K-51 Helicopter Collective Control, Reverb G2, SteamVR res: 2820x2760 (80%), nVidia driver 536.23

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Thanks TF....Always amazing to see this stuff although its so mind blowing for a pin head like me!!

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

I tried. But i just keeps loading. I'm on my phone atm but I will look it up a soon as I get my hands on my computer.
    As fate would have it, the PSU of the server failed early this morning and it took me (being Saturday) a while to notice it. It's back online again now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    compare it with a screenshot of the game (that is manston/ramsgate FYI)
    Yes, I thought about it after posted my message...Does not even doubt that there so it is... So we got, what we got...But may be we can change that...I hope.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Awesome stuff! And I wish I could help in anyway.

It's not about human flown lone bombers (although you shouldn't expect to survive that) but AI bombers. They are too strong, trust me (no AI in ATAG so you can't tell without your own test)

S

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    (no AI in ATAG so you can't tell without your own test)

S
    You are incorrect. ATAG has two servers. One with large raids of AI and one without.

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Basically, it is two different issues: The AI gunners in player-controlled planes seem to have different (much lower) aiming skills than the (much better aiming) AI gunners in AI-controlled planes.

Remembering some sniper-Wellingtons that were flying on an ATAG map in the past I definitely see a point in the request to lower (or adjust) the aiming skills of AI-controlled planes. Yet, as I am mostly flying on maps without AI-planes I would prefer to have my gunner sitting behind me to get more hits on the target.

But as I said it is two different topics that hopefully both will be adressed by TF eventually. And do not worry, there already is a topic for the "AI gunners in player-flown planes"-issue in the Bugtracker (#565). TF already commented on it:
    "In multiplayer, the skill level is unfortunately set too low and cannot be adjusted. We had hoped to up the level for TF 4.312, but time ran out before we could test it thoroughly enough to be confident of a release."

Sounds promising to me and I am keeping the fingers crossed for TF 5.x.
    Last edited by DUI; Aug-30-2014 at 17:26.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast