Thread: 2 game installs

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

2 game installs

Hi guys!

So my question is that is it possible to have 2 game installs but with different video settings?

Im asking because i want to use the full mission builder but with my usual video settings i got a very low fps in the FMB (about 20-18) when zoomed in.
    My ingame fps is higher around 30-35 which is acceptable but the fmb fps is so low that my cursor is laggy and hard to controll and its very time consuming and annoying to place objects.

So my idea was to have 2 game installs 1 for playing with my usual high video settings and 1 just for mission building with very low video settings.
    I tried to copy the steam/steamapps/IL-2 Cliffs of Dover folder to another destination well the problem is that whenever i change the video setting in one of my installs it changes in the other too...

Anybody knows a solution for this?

Thanks in advance! Hi-Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: 2 game installs

Hi
    suggestion: disable steam-cloud, then back up your config files. Now change the settings, back up your configs with the changed settings again. Copy the needed settings into the game before you start...

Hope you understand what I mean
    MSI GAMING G65 // i7 4770k @ 4.2GHZ // ASUS GTX 780 CUll // 8GB RAM (@1600mhz) // Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Version
    Thrustmaster T16000 + Saitek x52 Throttle // Saitek Throttle Quadrant // MFG Crosswind Pedals // Track IR 5

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Continu0 View Post
    Hi
    suggestion: disable steam-cloud, then back up your config files. Now change the settings, back up your configs with the changed settings again. Copy the needed settings into the game before you start...

Hope you understand what I mean
    It worked Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi-Jack and Continuo,

Sorry, but we may not be quite through yet. I'm experiencing something rather weird in that Ive just got the game downloaded into my laptop (I already have it on my desktop), I then went through with the five TF updates, including video, audio and key binding settings, and so on. However, I found that when I switched back to my desktop to fly there, most - if not all - the settings (video, audio, key bindings etc) on the laptop seemed to shift right over to the desktop. I am out of my depths here and would appreciate some guidance, especially how not to muddle up my key bindings on the desktop where I enjoy doing most go my flying.

Thanks so very much in advance.

Pirabee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi!
    Google: disable steam cloud and do it

cheers!
    MSI GAMING G65 // i7 4770k @ 4.2GHZ // ASUS GTX 780 CUll // 8GB RAM (@1600mhz) // Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Version
    Thrustmaster T16000 + Saitek x52 Throttle // Saitek Throttle Quadrant // MFG Crosswind Pedals // Track IR 5

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Continu0,

Thanks for the idea, but I never even enabled Steam Cloud.

However, I observed the option to prevent Steam updates is no longer available on Steam. I have no idea if that played any part with my issue though.

Cheers,

Pirabee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi
    Have you disabled steam cloud on both systems? I can't imagine any other cause...

www.jagdgeschwader4.de