Thread: Good Day Folks

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Good Day Folks

Having taken an sabbatical from on line air sim-in for the last few years I am feeling the urge to dust off the old HOTAS rig and get into bother over the English channel with Clod.

I have an uneasy feeling that my current cutting edge ( 10 years ago !!!) Rig simply will not cut it these days and would be pleased to receive any advice on the component parts required to run the game in Eye Candy mode at good frame rates.

Current Rig ( no sniggering now)

Asus AN832 SL / Opteron 148 @ 2.21 GHz , Radeon X1900 , 4 x gigs , WinXP

Jasper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Re: Good Day Folks

Jasper, to be direct and helpfull: Your priority is a decent Graphic card + new CPU ---> Which imply to get motherboard and memory...

Welcome

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Saipan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lolsav View Post
    Jasper, to be direct and helpfull: Your priority is a decent Graphic card + new CPU ---> Which imply to get motherboard and memory...

Welcome

and a new OS, win 7 64.
    ASUS Z370-A, i5 8600k, CM haf-x, EVGA gtx 1660 Ti SC ACX, Antec HC 850, Samsung 120GB SSD , WD Black 1TB, Corsair GSkill 16GB, Creative SB Recon, Creative G500 5.1, ASUS VS248h-P
    Me-110 Black 17 with Hptmn. Hans "AWAC" Warsteiner
    :
    Trust me , I fly a Bf 110 (C2-->C7)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    160.45 MB

This is my system - which runs CloD smoothly at medium to high settings - you should be able to pick up for very little money now:

Mobo: ASUS P8P67 Pro rev 3b
    CPU: i5 2500 non K
    RAM: 3 x 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333mhz
    GPU: ASUS GTX 660 2GB not overclocked.

128GB SSD - Samsung Pro 840 (hosts OS + to launch all main programs like photoshop, CloD etc.)

The Machine is probably 3 years old now and it runs amazingly well, I'm thinking of prolonging the life further by getting a decent 7xx series Nvidia with 3+GB.

I bet you can get the above for around £500 or less now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Welcome to the community and forums Das RaVeN ....~S~

we don't laugh at anyone here Raven..We do our best to encourage new players as we are a relatively small community who can not understand why more flight simmers are not playing this gem of a sim..some here would argue (me incuded) that in CLOD we have the best in game play, graphically, immersively and most realistic WW2 flight sim out there at present....

You will need to spend money on your PC to play this....But the PC you invest in (if it plays CLOD) should also play any of the current games/ sims on the market..So first I can give you a basic rig for CLOD link here..:

Basic Rig for CLOD

To see what folks PCs are check also the bottom of peoples posts under their signatures....Like mine below you will see what rigs they have...This will give you some idea...

An important thing is to go with windows 7 not 8 if you can....and always go for Nvidia Graphics card...Folks who haven't done this have experienced more issues than those that have

You have done the right thing in coming here first before you invest....You'll get all the info you need from folks here...Check Buzzsaws posts as he is one of our top boffins here who knows his stuff...

I for one bought a rig especially to fly this sim...I have not been disappointed with my choice....and also the rig I use will be a whole lot cheaper now...I play CLOD on MAX graphics

=================================================

Once you are up and running...then

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It will save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve anyway..

Beginners Guide Link Here

Also try youtube for startup procedures on all the aircraft...

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and remember its all about the Fun!!!

...Lew...
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Sep-01-2014 at 22:01.
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thank you for the advice Gents, I have only just finished reading that basic Rig thread Lew, most informative.

Looks like all I shall have left will be the Case, HOTAS and my Shorts !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    81.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Das RaVeN View Post
    Thank you for the advice Gents, I have only just finished reading that basic Rig thread Lew, most informative.

Looks like all I shall have left will be the Case, HOTAS and my Shorts !!!

At least you have something, lol

Be welcome dude!

xvii-Hardegen

Welcome onboard!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.77 MB

Welcome to Clod on the ATAG server and the forums - good luck with the new rig. It sounds from your introductory post you are someone that enjoys flight sims from a while back......I predict you will not regret the investment you make ..... Clod is staggeringly good, as is the community here.

Enjoy and see you up there...

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Mindle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    911.26 MB

I upgraded from an old rig this year and could not blow the budget so I went mid range. i5 4670k CPU / gtx 660 / 8 gb ram @ 1600 MHz / works great. Everything on high except forest and buildings low. I get 60 plus fps all day even in cloud. Get the best CPU and motherboard bundle you can afford as you will be able to keep it for years and upgrade gpu / ram.

Windows 10 64-bit; Intel Core i5-4670K @ 3.4 GHz Processor; 16.0 GB RAM; NVIDIA GTX970; TM Warthog HOTAS; MFG Crosswinds; Track IR5