Thread: Normandy area map, ship issue

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Normandy area map, ship issue

Sorry, don't know the official name of this one. Encountered an issue last night with the 6 German ships off the coast. Another bomber pilot and I made runs at the ships, each taking a grouping of 3. First mission, we each had one left out of the group. 2nd mission, we went back to mop up the last 2. Interestingly enough, we both made 3 passes, skipping 4 bombs at our respective targets, no joy. So we both decided to do the honorable thing and kamikaze into the ships Both go zooming in, I went right for the center of the ship, lined up the bow and ... nothing. Interestingly I am pretty sure I saw a splash from my Blennie appear over the center of the ship where I went in. My squad mate had the same thing, intentionally trying to crash into the ship, but with no effect. Not sure exactly what he saw but on my screen I saw him basically fly straight through the ships bow and keep on going.

Not sure if this is a map issue or just a general CloD bug issue, I know about the ships "dancing" across the water as you approach. However this time it seemed as if the ships were there visually, right up close, but not actually there.

Will also repost this in the bug section as well.

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Re: Normandy area map, ship issue

The ships act strangely in CloD in general. I know the map has been rolled so there must be spots in the water where the ships act funny which I know happen.

As far as kamikazie, I don't think you can destroy anything by crashing into it unless it's another plane... I may be wrong there but that's been my experience with any ground object.

I think you guys just happened to attack the ships when they were at a spot in the map where something is off. Hope that helps.

Operation Relinquish

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

KAmikaze do not work in clod, it did in IL2 you could even make AI do kamikaze and sink ships as a result. In clod you need to drop the bomb right before you crash. Then it work if you armed it and used a low-level fuse.
    Ships do not work well in any simulator, they look strange if you get them to turn too steep and are buggy

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I'm not so sure kamikaze doesn't work, I specifically remember one night watching a 109 get shot down and inadvertently crash into a friendly ship, and that did do enough damage for the ship to sink.

If map has rolled from a Red victory before then I guess it wouldn't be a mission issue.
    Last edited by Mudcat; Sep-27-2014 at 21:58.