Thread: Joystick binding am I doing it wrong?

Student Pilot
    Born UK 1946 left and moved to Texas 2006. Been using computers since the eighties.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Joystick binding am I doing it wrong?

Hi Everyone,

I searched the forum but, did not find this specific problem.

I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro but, I cannot get any of the buttons to bind.

I select the operation I want to bind to a different key in the Aircraft controls list click change and press the desired button on the Joystick, the new button information comes up in the window and I click apply however, although apparently bound the green bars below the settings menu do not react when the button is pressed nor is there any response when the button is used within the game (the green bars also failed to respond to the original button bindings before I tried to rebind them).
    All the axes work plus the hat and the accelerator slide.

I've checked the joystick with other flight sims and everything works ok I've also tried re-calibration but, that didn’t help.
    I even tried rebinding all the previously bound joystick keys but, that also had no effect.

I did think of playing with the ini file but, did not want to go down that road before asking here.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Re: Joystick binding am I doing it wrong?

On configuration key binding screen make sure you are trying to assign buttons and axis on "axis" ( look on top, you can switch between keys and axis)

To make sure your axis are not reversed make sure you always get a + sign when binding the axis ( you will know what i mean once you get there)

Student Pilot
    Born UK 1946 left and moved to Texas 2006. Been using computers since the eighties.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lolsav View Post
    On configuration key binding screen make sure you are trying to assign buttons and axis on "axis" ( look on top, you can switch between keys and axis)

To make sure your axis are not reversed make sure you always get a + sign when binding the axis ( you will know what i mean once you get there)
    Problem Solved, as I had been trying to do it the way you said I hadn't even looked in the bindings listed under the keys tab, when I did I noticed there were also joystick bindings there so, I tried binding the buttons on the keys tab instead of the axis tab and it worked.
    That probably explains why I also got no feedback response from the buttons that were already pre-assigned to the axis tab, not a clue why it is working that way maybe my PC set up or just the joystick.
    Thanks for the reply it actually gave me the idea to try the reverse action and bind the joystick buttons under keys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Don2712 View Post
    That probably explains why I also got no feedback response from the buttons that were already pre-assigned to the axis tab, not a clue why it is working that way maybe my PC set up or just the joystick.
    This is because the axis tab accpept map buttons, but only as axis modifier, so a button only dont cause response.

Example:

Joystick_Z-Axis = throttle.
    Q+Joystick_Z-Axis = mixture.