Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle of Stalingrad copies War Thunder gameplay

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    33.38 MB

Battle of Stalingrad copies War Thunder gameplay

http://bobgamehub.blogspot.fr/

Good news for War Thunder fans who want to try a more challenging flight game with similar gameplay elements - the new Battle of Stalingrad flight game will feature many of the same gameplay elements that players have come to enjoy from War Thunder!

In fact it is downright copying the tech tree and weapons upgrade elements of War Thunder. Which means you will get a more authentic flight experience, but still with helpful graphic icons and help features such as aiming assist or cockpit free views, and War Thunder like gameplay.

Niiiiice.

For full details see the post below, copied with permission from SimHQ.

Tech tree

At launch the game will be sold in two versions either Standard (8 planes) or Premium (10 planes) but you won't have to wait too long before the developers 1C/777 release a FREE version with 2 planes. (FREE version with 2 planes thank you)

In the FREE version you will need to earn XP to move up the tech tree and earn new planes. So you start the game on the German side in a Bf109F, and following this single-engined plane tree you can earn the Ju87 dive bomber and then the awesome Bf109 Gustav.

Weapon and armour upgrades

Along the way, your XP will also unlock different 'field weapons mods' for each aircraft such as 30mm cannon pods instead of the default 20mm, and armour plate for the back of your pilot seat to help you avoid those instant pilot kills. These 'field mods' are actually historical, and were used by some units in the field on the Eastern front. You can also earn beautiful unique skins for your favourite machine.

Once you have unlocked these mods, you are entitled to use them online.

Of course you have to choose carefully what you equip: if you go into online multiplay for a dogfight mission with the Bf109 with 30mm cannon pods, it will have a slower rate of fire and shorter range than the 20mm. But then you will be able to take out your opponent with a single hit. Get in close before you fire! KABOOM! And tanks will of course be easy meat.

Battle of Stalingrad copies War Thunder gameplay
    Last edited by nacy; Oct-03-2014 at 16:27.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: Battle of Stalingrad copies War Thunder gameplay

From my perspective, any Flight Simmer, (gamer) is a good simmer... doesn't matter where they start.

We get lots of people from War Thunder joining the CoD community when they get bored with that game.

It's all good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    81.6 KB

S!

Conheça a Luftwaffe Brasil!

http://www.thorin.com.br/forumlbr/index.php

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I really think there is something absolutely wrong in this article: You most probably will not be able to earn whole new planes trough collected XP...
    MSI GAMING G65 // i7 4770k @ 4.2GHZ // ASUS GTX 780 CUll // 8GB RAM (@1600mhz) // Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Version
    Thrustmaster T16000 + Saitek x52 Throttle // Saitek Throttle Quadrant // MFG Crosswind Pedals // Track IR 5

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.93 MB

Battle of Stalingrad copies War Thunder gameplay!

Good news for War Thunder fans who want to try a more challenging flight game with similar gameplay elements - the new Battle of Stalingrad flight game will feature many of the same gameplay elements that players have come to enjoy from War Thunder!

In fact it is downright copying the tech tree and weapons upgrade elements of War Thunder. Which means you will get a more authentic flight experience, but still with helpful graphic icons and help features such as aiming assist or cockpit free views, and War Thunder like gameplay.

Niiiiice.

For full details see the post below, copied with permission from SimHQ.

Tech tree

At launch the game will be sold in two versions either Standard (8 planes) or Premium (10 planes) but you won't have to wait too long before the developers 1C/777 release a FREE version with 2 planes.

In the FREE version you will need to earn XP to move up the tech tree and earn new planes. So you start the game on the German side in a Bf109F, and following this single-engined plane tree you can earn the Ju87 dive bomber and then the awesome Bf109 Gustav.

Weapon and armour upgrades

Along the way, your XP will also unlock different 'field weapons mods' for each aircraft such as 30mm cannon pods instead of the default 20mm, and armour plate for the back of your pilot seat to help you avoid those instant pilot kills. These 'field mods' are actually historical, and were used by some units in the field on the Eastern front. You can also earn beautiful unique skins for your favourite machine.

Once you have unlocked these mods, you are entitled to use them online.

Of course you have to choose carefully what you equip: if you go into online multiplay for a dogfight mission with the Bf109 with 30mm cannon pods, it will have a slower rate of fire and shorter range than the 20mm. But then you will be able to take out your opponent with a single hit. Get in close before you fire! KABOOM! And tanks will of course be easy meat.

Short and long missions

The game comes with short (15-30 minute) or long (up to 1 hour) missions. So if you just want a quick frag as in WT you can, but if you want to fly a machine from takeoff to landing for the full mission you can do that too!

Normal and Expert modes

Like WT there are different gameplay modes. If you play Normal mode, you have slightly simplified flight controls, aiming guides, icons labelling friend and foe and targets, and different views such as external, over the shoulder, and no-cockpit.

In Expert mode you have only cockpit view, no icons or GUI help, and you have to manage the aircraft controls and engine settings as in real life, adjusting propeller pitch, radiator settings, fuel mixture, trim etc etc.

What's not like War Thunder?

Needing to use XP/coin to repair your plane. There is no 'repair' element in the BoS gameplay, so players who don't like the way this sucks away your coin in War Thunder will enjoy the fact you can blow up your plane in one mission, and get straight into a nice shiny new one for the next mission!

Also there are not as many aircraft options on the tech tree. There are 10 aircraft in total at the moment. But the difference is each has an authentically modelled flight model and they are each very different to fly, according to their historical characteristics. If you are familiar with the simple flight models in War Thunder and ready for something more challenging, BoS seems like a good option.

Here is the full run down.

Battle of Stalingrad gameplay: SimHQ post by Heinkill

- The BoS single player game will feature five historical phases of the Battle for Stalingrad: 1) Days before counteroffensive 2) Uranus 3) Air bridge 4)Wintergewitter 5) The ring of death
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As taken from the site ..... I couldn't read the picture ...... I guess I could let my feathers be ruffled but why? We all have opinions and IF I end up enjoying BoS as I know I did not enjoy WT, then what the heck. WT, unless it has changed, was not even easy to set up. +10 for BoS. So selave and to each their own ..... IF you like WT and or BoS or what ever, more power to you if not ...... you have a wide selection of games you can play out there ...... Just not good flight sims like Cliffs of Dover ..... Too Few ..

Chief
    SERVING THE ROF AND BOS COMMUNITY

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Since the article are addressed for WT fans, what's wrong?

This (future) "FREE" version (a DEMO?) with only two planes available, to attract the "WT crowd" need offer what these people enjoy: FREE, XP, Unlocks... not wrong with this.

Enjoy? Buy the full version.

Only the "earn new planes" seems xtrange, what the point in give all game contend for FREE?

EDIT - Anyway 777 denied this FREE version.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.ph...of#Post4017711

Sokol1
    Last edited by 1lokos; Oct-03-2014 at 22:22.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I hate to take the role of the pessimist here, but having played War Thunder for around 2 years before coming here, the problem as I see it is that making a game free-to-play always, without exception, tends to drag the community downhill. War Thunder has an absolutely horrific community of frankly awful players, and it's really because any schmuck with a mouse, keyboard and internet connection can download the game and start teamkilling and yelling obscenities at people. I came to games like CloD, DCS and BoS to escape that.

It's my hope that the additional barrier to entry in the form of having to buy peripherals like a joystick, and having to learn how to fly an aircraft from the cockpit will filter out the prospective arseholes, but only time will tell I suppose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

In general I hate arrogance, and the arrogance that hit cod when it was published are now thrown back at Bos.
    To tell you the truth , I find life as a Bomber pilot more challenged in bos than here. the autopilot is much harder to adjust and despite the "simplified" bomb aim LOFTE it needs much better planning to get it right.
    I have never flown war thunder , I came from hard core IL 2 modding to cod. Are you suggesting I am going to the "pesent" by spending time with BOS.
    You might think so, but the funny thing is, it is actually many of us able to enjoy cod, bos and DCS at the same time.
    I am just a little tired being told I am stupid for liking BOS

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    345.02 MB

Aaaaaand Eagle's Nest server is shut down. The biggest server in North America is no more. This debate on unlocks is taking a turn for the worst.

THANK YOU, 777.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by LuseKofte View Post
    I am just a little tired being told I am stupid for liking BOS
    who said such a thing? I think many are disappointed, but I am happy for those who can enjoy BoS...
    MSI GAMING G65 // i7 4770k @ 4.2GHZ // ASUS GTX 780 CUll // 8GB RAM (@1600mhz) // Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Version
    Thrustmaster T16000 + Saitek x52 Throttle // Saitek Throttle Quadrant // MFG Crosswind Pedals // Track IR 5

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_Owl View Post
    Aaaaaand Eagle's Nest server is shut down. The biggest server in North America is no more. This debate on unlocks is taking a turn for the worst.

THANK YOU, 777.
    Very sad news, and heck I currently am not even doing multiplayer - but I know it was one of the most popular servers. I had the best pings to it, and from what all I have read if I decided to get into multiplayer, it would have been with that server...

Does not bode well for BOS.
    Don B

EVGA X79 Dark MB | Intel I-7 4820K@4.50 ghz | Corsair H100i Cooling System | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Mhz ram | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW|2 ea Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD's |NZXT Phantom 820 Case | TM Warthog w/ 7.5cm Ext by Sajah|MFG Crosswinds Pedals|Oculus Rift|Windows 10 64 Bit |

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Reading between the lines, it sounds like the admins for the server said some negative things about 777's unlock plan (which has sorta borked multiplayer) and forced them to shut it down. This is a big deal, because there were only 2 good servers - this one and syndicate, and syndicate is frequently full (and now it will be worse). It'd be like if ATAG was constantly full and there was enough population to have a second ATAG. Really interested on what happened.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

If that is the case, I find that very troubling... that unlock plan just plain sucks for the multiplayer guys especially ( again I do not fly MP). And they have to know it, based on all the opinions that have already been expressed on it over on their own forums.
    Don B

EVGA X79 Dark MB | Intel I-7 4820K@4.50 ghz | Corsair H100i Cooling System | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Mhz ram | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW|2 ea Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD's |NZXT Phantom 820 Case | TM Warthog w/ 7.5cm Ext by Sajah|MFG Crosswinds Pedals|Oculus Rift|Windows 10 64 Bit |

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

I guess the unlocks wont affect me that much, all tho I hate the very idea of not getting historical items and ordinance and have to "play" for it make me sick. To me I prefer offline gaming. AI how stupid they might be, behave more realistic than online players.
    But time will tell, this might be their biggest mistake to date

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_Owl View Post

THANK YOU, 777.
    Judging by past dealings with how Jason deals with criticism, I would say they were given an ultimatum to essentially shut up or they won't have server access anymore. It seems like they decided they weren't going to tow that line anymore. Same thing happened to many beta testers in ROF that gave constructive criticism. What's better is when they start pulling server keys because of criticism. This is just one more reason why the real IL2 titles are just so much better. You can't be controlled on how you want to fly or be at the mercy of them to even have a server. I don't blame em one bit.

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Link for that? They took away server keys because why? That is just crazy if it is true.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by gavagai View Post
    Link for that? They took away server keys because why? That is just crazy if it is true.
    I don't know for sure, but it's just a guess because the Eagle Nest people were complaining about the unlock stuff pretty hard core, then next thing you know they say because of their opinions/expression they are shutting down the server. It's on their server thread.

This is the same thing that happened to many beta testers for ROF who gave critical constructive criticism and were asked to tow the party line or leave. I was one that chose to leave. Obviously you're not doing your job as a beta tester if you just wear blinders, and I, along with many others, couldn't do that.

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.77 MB

I agree with the general sentiments above that all sims / simmers is all good - variety is the spice and all that and anything that gets people interested in this fun hobby is fine by me. I started out in War Thunder before coming here - I honestly dont think i would be playing clod now if it hadnt been for the much maligned WT.

I remember when WT introduced the whole upgrade your existing plane thing - it went down like a lead balloon and understandably so- you basically started with a clapped out version of whatever plane you were flying and gradually you earnt the right to bring it to full specification - the grind was no fun and IMO counter productive given one of their 'selling points' was the huge variety in aircraft available - why then make it a tedious chore to get access to them?? Oh yes I remember - you could always short cut it by buying premium fully specced planes - - free to play eh??? .

Sadly SorcererDave is bang on right about the community there - its the polar opposite of the community we enjoy here. I guess thats the price you pay for things that are 'free'....no free lunches and all that.

Anyway I have never played BOS - Im sure ill give it a whirl at some point in the future as I will DCS, but I still have a lot to learn here and the plane set / historical context for clod matches my preference spot on, so good luck to all these other games but for me - long live Clod.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Looks like they 777 was paying for the server and decided to take it away after the criticism. You can't make this stuff up.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Yeah I saw that, man that really sucks.
    Look what those guys ( Hooves, Aborted Man, Chuck Owl) have done for BOS over the past several months.

Seriously, that is just way wrong;. I think I am done with BOS. Yeah they got my money so no big deal for them I guess.
    What a bunch of &^^%$

Thank goodness for TF and Cliffs of Dover.
    Don B

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Is that the same guy that was banned from here? If so, lol.
    Thing is with the devs, they don't care how much of a fan you have been in the past if you start criticising...

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Archie View Post
    Is that the same guy that was banned from here? If so, lol.
    Thing is with the devs, they don't care how much of a fan you have been in the past if you start criticising...
    No I don't think so, those are really good guys.
    Don B

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

A I unlocked all planes by doing a simple tutorial. big deal. I give up this section

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    345.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by d.burnette View Post
    Yeah I saw that, man that really sucks.
    Look what those guys ( Hooves, Aborted Man, Chuck Owl) have done for BOS over the past several months.

Seriously, that is just way wrong;. I think I am done with BOS. Yeah they got my money so no big deal for them I guess.
    What a bunch of &^^%$

Thank goodness for TF and Cliffs of Dover.
    I find it quite disheartening as well, Burnette.

At least we're all among friends here.

Quote Originally Posted by LuseKofte View Post
    A I unlocked all planes by doing a simple tutorial. big deal. I give up this section

So we're not friends anymore? Now I'm sad...

The problem is not with unlocking "planes" (they are all available anyway). It's the fact that we have to grind through a SP campaign to unlock basic features as "blister turret", "23 mm guns" or "armored headrest" or "250 kg bombs" even for multiplayer that is infuriating.

There's just so much bull*BLEEP* I can put up with before I decide I've had enough.
    Last edited by Chuck_Owl; Oct-04-2014 at 16:10.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Personally I hate the very idea, This is a stupid childish prank they set up towards grown up men . For my sake I will spin thru the SP because I well like SP.
    But I hope it turns into something more interesting than what I have done the last 10 minutes.

I desperately need a brake from clod, and I thought I had it last week. I was quite satisfied. But this, is plane stupid. We will see, the way WW2 combat sims evolve. Or the lack of such. I don't think I be flying for too much longer. COD is just not enough to keep my interest much longer. I was hoping these two would.
    Only time will tell

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Ok, so this is what I gather:

DServer access is limited right now, i.e. you can't have a DServer just because you want to pay for one
    777 was paying for this player-run DServer
    777 stopped funding it and took away the keys, so the players cannot continue the DServer even if they pay for it themselves

Forgive the sexism, but it almost seems like 777 is run by a woman. Very thin skin combined with petty retribution is never pretty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Ok, so this is what I gather:

DServer access is limited right now, i.e. you can't have a DServer just because you want to pay for one
    777 was paying for this player-run DServer
    777 stopped funding it and took away the keys, so the players cannot continue the DServer even if they pay for it themselves

Forgive the sexism, but it almost seems like 777 is run by a woman. Very thin skin combined with petty retribution is never pretty.
    I was banned on the BoS forum for saying essentially my 1st reply to you in this thread on that forum. It seems like that's how they handle business, but just pointing it out is a bannable offense. It's all quite funny and sad at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.50 MB

I'll copy what I said in the other thread
    " I did uninstall it without backing up controls as posted. Once I got it downloaded and found out I had to grind to get to MP I didn't bother to set up my controls and removed it from my Hard drive. I have issues with some in 777 management anyway. They got my 95 bucks, I take it as I "rented" the alpha/beta game for a year for that money. When I voiced my opinion I got a PM to "be nice" Basically STFU as I took it. So I did. Done with that warthunder type of game. Too bad it could have been a good mid level flight sim, not to hard but not arcade mmo either."
    Sad, and following the dev log is entertaining now. the BOS police are all over it. I think we will see the first dev log locked here soon.
    Logan AKA Blackwolf
    Head Tater peeler,
    20th Bomber Group

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

I really enjoyed Syndicate server all last week, as fun and as demanding as cod, nothing like arcade at all, so that is a direct lie. But this unlock system is bullshit, I agree. But 90 % here are colored by everything else than the way it flies.
    Right now I guess I am being banned in BOS forum, and If I said my real opinion here I will be banned here too. Because in this section no one are safe.
    So I am in the middle of nothing.
    Anyone want to buy a excellent flightsim gear kit?

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    484.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    EDIT - Anyway 777 denied this FREE version.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.ph...of#Post4017711

Sokol1
    Loved the tone of that post. 'Change your post Heinkill...'

The guy is a total 'fill in blank here'. I have told him I will correct the post when he clarifies what the version with two planes only, which Loft disclosed, will cost.

Rise of Flight version with two planes is free, so...

"Welcome to the Free2Play version of Rise of Flight! This version of Rise of Flight can be played for an unlimited time and features two flyable aircraft with full access to all their features" sounds familiar....

BTW that blog is now run by a War Thunder fan. Nice Irish guy. He agreed to keep my old download links and content there for a year.
    Last edited by heinkill; Oct-04-2014 at 17:47.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast