Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SweetFX - New and improved Settings HD.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    34.74 MB

SweetFX - New and improved Settings HD.

Hi, couldn't stop messing around with the settings. Latest offering pushes the limits. Strong orange sunsets, explosive fires, gleaming metalwork, rich green fields and vivid blue skies. I have taken the definition to the point of graininess and backed off a little. The downside is that any onscreen writing has a fringe or slight halo effect. Luckily for me I have no distracting onscreen writing normally. May irk others though. This could be too rich for some but I have grown accustomed to it very quickly. By clicking on Scroll Lock key you can see immediate changes in depth of field and clarity. Clouds and water are really dazzling now. I hope you enjoy. This is not for those using Windows OS 8.0 or 8.1 - haven't sorted that yet until SweetFX is compliant.

Simply download WinRAR file, unzip into main game folder all the files and folder (One called "SweetFX") completely. Main game folder is the one with Launcher.exe file. I have only changed the settings file from my last offering "MarkiesNewSettings1.5.rar"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Markie; Oct-21-2014 at 21:48.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    489.83 MB

Re: SweetFX - New and improved Settings HD.

Markie,
    Perhaps you can help me.
    I tried to install your latest SweetFX package and my game will not start correctly. I hear the sound but the video is just a blank black screen.
    SweetFX files are installed to main CLod directory.
    Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

@Johnson you appear to have more overlay programs who are conflicting with SweetFx. Which one? Only you can tell

@Markie - tryed your settings last night and i must say i enjoyed the crispiness, contrast (dark/light) but i didnt like the colour saturation. It gets the game to a "cartoonish" style i dont enjoy. Sorry, hope you dont take it bad by me saying this. But it was what i felt.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    489.83 MB

Lolsav,
    I'm running the Clod integration plugin in TeamSpeak.
    None other that I'm aware of.
    Would the integration plugin cause the problem?
    If so, can I get around it and still use the plugin?
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

No, CLOD plugin for TS wouldnt affect it. But i know of a Windows update who would. Can you check if you have the undesired Windows Update Kb2670838 as reported here: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=3528

Else the culprit should be a overlay program external of the game, as in "overwolf" for TeamSpeak, software recording (Fraps / OBS) or any other program who runs on DirectX and conflict with SweetFX.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    489.83 MB

I've got that KB update implemented. As I recall the update also implemented IE 11.
    I thought that MS corrected the update in a subsequent KB update but apparently not.
    I want to use IE 11 so I guess I'm out of luck re: SweetFX.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

With that update implemented you can fly more than 10 mins without your game freezing? Im surprised...

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    489.83 MB

When I had SweetFX implemented and with the KB installed, I got Launcher crashes 3-5 min into a flight. I removed SweetFX and the problem went away. That was shortly after the KB was published (forget Date). I tried to reinstall SweetFX and got the result (black screen) I posted here.
    Frankly, I don't think it's the KB that's my problem but I've got nowhere to look otherwise.
    Thanks

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    34.74 MB

Thanks for comment ATAG_Lolsav. On my machine the colours are not oversaturated but have seen it on another monitor and it was too much really, I may change a little more for general consumption - I acknowledge what you say and will try further. I may cut saturation back a bit and could release another file soon. This is the feedback I need. As for troubles loading and a black screen I have not encountered this. The infamous KB file does a lot of damage. I hope this can be solved. I will look into this and offer advice by reading what you have said and analysing options.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    489.83 MB

Thanks Markie.
    Info, I'm running Win 7, 64 bit. Nvidia 770 video card.
    If you find anything out, please let me know.
    Meantime, I'll continue searching also.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    34.74 MB

OK, either my eyes or my monitor is packing up - I think the latter as it flashed several times last night. I knew the settings were on the edge of insanity so I have changed file posted yesterday to a milder version, thanks Lolsav for pointing this out. These settings I will use for now and if I can tweak better I will. If you know me well I am never one hundred percent happy with results but you must post something in the meantime.

To Johnson I have thought about why it may not work for you. If for example in the settings.txt page Levels is selected and the black and white points are not about 16 and 235 (Default values) and at the extremes of 255 and 255 you will get a black screen with sound. Any variables can stop a game launching even if minor. You probably haven't tampered with the files, just mentioning what can happen. I had the game not launch when I had changed a name and it started with a capital rather than lower case letter. Same goes for an extra gap inserted or incorrect extension name and so on. The computer in a confused state can either seize or restart. If you remove files and remnants remain, i.e. not all files were removed this can cause conflict as well as files with the same name. You probably know all this anyway, I can see your frustration. The KB file is a known problem. As mentioned before the unzipped files transport straight into main game folder. The files within yellow "SweetFX" folder are left in there not extracted. All the files and folder go into main game folder. If you are not running DX9 but rather DX10, DX11 then you may need to remove files d3d9.dll and d3d9.fx - also any dll files (Data Link Library) files you remove being shared with other applications can cause a crash. Mostly these are done inadvertently. You may like to try new settings I have posted here replacing last set and see what happens. Best of luck.
    Last edited by Markie; Oct-16-2014 at 05:15.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    489.83 MB

Markie,
    Same result with your toned down settings.
    If you use an Nvidia graphics card, what are your control panel settings?
    Thanks.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    34.74 MB

Hi, before we go into my Nvidia settings it may be worth looking for remnants of previous SweetFX on your system and remove them, if of course you have had a version on prior. The following files should be deleted before putting in new set.

SweetFX (YellowFolder)
    d3d9.dll
    d3d9.fx
    dxgi.dll
    dxgi.fx
    injector
    log
    shader.fx
    SweetFX_preset
    SweetFX_settings

Now here are my Nvidia settings.

Adjust image settings with preview - let the 3D application decide.
    Select a program to customize launcher (launcher.exe)
    Anisotropic Filtering 2X
    Antialiasing - FXAA - Off
    Antialiasing - Gamma Correction - Use global settings - On
    Antialiasing - Mode - Use global setting (Application controlled)
    Antialiasing transparency - 2X (Supersample)
    Cuda - GPU's - Use global setting (All)
    Maximum pre-rendered frames - 3
    Multi Display/mixed GPU acceleration - Single display performance mode
    Power management mode - prefer maximum performance
    Shader cache - use global setting (On)
    Texture Filtering - Anisotropic sample Opti... off
    Texture Filtering - Negative LOD bias - Clamp
    Texture Filtering - Quality
    Texture Filtering - Trilinear Optimization - On
    Triple buffering - On
    Vertical sync - Adaptive
    Virtual reality pre-rendered frames - use global setting (1)

Often of course if you are stretching your settings to the max, the graphics cut out first (Black screen) and the sound continues because it is not labour intensive. As with over-clocking you must make small incremental changes and ease back slightly once you hit the wall. This program is top end in terms of kicking the graphics card about. You must tread softly and carefully at first. I have a reasonable card - Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 and my settings in the game are nowhere near maximised because it can't handle it. Anyway, this may all be yesterday's newspaper to you but worth considering. Personally I think it is the KB fault causing the problem, I realise you want to have IE11 also but you may be skirting around the issue. I wish you the best.
    Last edited by Markie; Oct-25-2014 at 00:22.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    489.83 MB

Markie,
    Thanks, I'll play around with it and let you know here.

Edit:
    I searched and found plenty of hits on "black screen" but the solution was to typically uninstall SweetFx. I also fiddled around with the Nvidia control panel settings to no avail.
    Regarding the KB problem, when I had the KB installed and running SweetFx, the symptom I got was a launcher crash (frozen screen) about 3-5 minutes into the flight. The current symptom is a black screen immediately when hitting "fly" for the mission. Different than before. I'm getting this result for Clod, ROF and IL2-BoS. However, I have SweetFx running fine with DCS, KB installed. DCS is a 64 bit application (different DLL's for SweetFx) and the others are 32 bit. When the problem occurs with Clod, the "log.log" file in SweetFx indicates that the shader is being initialized and nothing after. I guess it could be the KB but that's certainly not obvious.
    I'll keep pluggin. It's getting personal now.
    Last edited by jjohnson241; Oct-17-2014 at 19:32.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    34.74 MB

I have had problems with my monitor and have got around that issue, anyhow I have replaced the file uploaded at beginning of post a short while ago with a much better one today, in terms of colour and definition. For those who downloaded the original file might want to download the newer one to see the differences. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.09 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Markie View Post
    Hi, couldn't stop messing around with the settings. Latest offering pushes the limits. Strong orange sunsets, explosive fires, gleaming metalwork, rich green fields and vivid blue skies. I have taken the definition to the point of graininess and backed off a little. The downside is that any onscreen writing has a fringe or slight halo effect. Luckily for me I have no distracting onscreen writing normally. May irk others though. This could be too rich for some but I have grown accustomed to it very quickly. By clicking on Scroll Lock key you can see immediate changes in depth of field and clarity. Clouds and water are really dazzling now. I hope you enjoy. This is not for those using Windows OS 8.0 or 8.1 - haven't sorted that yet until SweetFX is compliant.

Simply download WinRAR file, unzip into main game folder all the files and folder (One called "SweetFX") completely. Main game folder is the one with Launcher.exe file. I have only changed the settings file from my last offering "MarkiesNewSettings1.5.rar"

I installed SweetFX and my game crashes after a short while. Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Gamecock78W View Post
    I installed SweetFX and my game crashes after a short while. Any thoughts?
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=3528

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Looks great, but is causing my game to freeze/crash randomly.

Any explanation ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by FZG_Immel View Post
    Looks great, but is causing my game to freeze/crash randomly.

Any explanation ?
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=3528

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Installed it yesterday. Looks fantastic. Not having any crashing issues at my end aside from the regular launcher.exe crashes that are commonplace.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    489.83 MB

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererDave View Post
    Installed it yesterday. Looks fantastic. Not having any crashing issues at my end aside from the regular launcher.exe crashes that are commonplace.
    Do me a favor please and check your update history to see if you have Windows Update KB2670838 installed.
    Thanks.

Supporting Member Bubba_the_Punk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    5.16 MB

Thanks for this, Markie! So far, I'm really enjoying these settings.SweetFX.jpgOh Myy.jpg
    Last edited by Bubba_the_Punk; Oct-23-2014 at 17:55.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

Markie,

Please pardon my noobness, but where do I find these settings?

Anisotropic Filtering 2X
    Triple buffering - On
    Vertical sync - Adaptive

Thanks,

badfinger
    Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming MB,
    Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 31ghz CPU, EVGA 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram,
    Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte Curved Monitor 165hz, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, Reverb G2

League City, TX

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    34.74 MB

Hi, at work at the moment and not on my own computer. These settings are in my Nvidia console which from memory is accessed from control panel - display- Nvidia console. I did just have a shortcut on my desktop for it at some point. It was loaded in from disk when I bought my graphics card. I may give a better answer once I am home. Don't know about ATI Radeon equivalent, never had one.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    34.74 MB

I now have a great computer with a decent monitor at long last. Fiddled with settings again and came up with this. Less bloom, colours more natural, foreground sharp and background slightly blurred. I like it, try for yourself. Keep the other files from RAR file at beginning of post and replace SweetFX_settings file only. If only somebody could improve the radiating lines in the sky I would be very happy indeed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

26. Likes Continu0, Bubba_the_Punk liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Markie View Post
    I now have a great computer with a decent monitor at long last. Fiddled with settings again and came up with this. Less bloom, colours more natural, foreground sharp and background slightly blurred. I like it, try for yourself. Keep the other files from RAR file at beginning of post and replace SweetFX_settings file only. If only somebody could improve the radiating lines in the sky I would be very happy indeed.
    Sorry to bump this thread but I am recieving a launcher crash after about 5 minutes into the flight. Any explanation for this? I have SweetFX in other games and it runs like a champ.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 71st_AH_badfinger (XR-B) View Post
    Markie,

Please pardon my noobness, but where do I find these settings?

Anisotropic Filtering 2X
    Triple buffering - On
    Vertical sync - Adaptive

Thanks,

badfinger
    For these and more, download the Freeware "Nvidia Inspector." Included is an application entitled "nvidia Profile Inspector", which gives you access to all driver features. It has a large number of game profiles listed. For IL-2: Cliffs of Dover, use the profile for game name: "Launcher".
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Sorry to bump this thread but I am recieving a launcher crash after about 5 minutes into the flight. Any explanation for this? I have SweetFX in other games and it runs like a champ.
    Thanks
    Smoke, dont use the older Sweet FX for IL-2 CloD cause crashes.

You must use the shader called RESHADE. Please, see the link bellow, install and play in IL-2 Cliffs. Grb the latest version!
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/hd...ade+2.0.3f1.7z

The home page is
    http://reshade.me/

The reshade is the new shader for games in several APIs like DX9, DX10, OPENGL. The new reshade has Sweet fx options.

See the link bellow. Its a litle tutorial about RESHADE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O65h...&nohtml5=False

S!

Ecosta

30. Dislikes Mastiff disliked this post
    Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    34.74 MB

Hi, will be playing with Reshade and submitting my settings. Have known about it for a while and it is just finding time to make it work and well with a great overall effect. It takes a lot of time checking back and forth and tweaking to the nth degree. Got some time coming up so will hit it hard. Certainly some advantages over what I have presented with the SweetFX settings. The effects must suit different times of days and conditions. The balance is tricky. Wish me luck.

As for the question of Launcher problems, they are almost always to do with a KB file disrupting things. Search this out, maybe in this post somewhere something about it. Cannot remember where it is written, it has been a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

I have used sweetFX for ages . . . No problems whatsoever. Never have crashes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast