Thread: MOD4.0 Download issue

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

MOD4.0 Download issue

Hi,
    Been trying to download patch Mod 4.0 all day,usually it downloads ok, but then the fun starts. I unzip with 7zip and the following message appears:
    cannot open output file c:...downloads team+fusion+Mod+installer+complete\Mod 4.0.installer.exe.

I tried Winrar with the following results:
    Access is denied
    C:downloads\team+fusion+installer+complete.rar:can not create downloads\team+fusion4.0+Mod+installer\Mod.4.0 installer.exe

So I checked the forums and cleared my internet cache on my laptop with Ccleaner and repeated.
    This time I could extract,but when i put the curser over the installer.exe it just vanishes, and the v4.0 is always in winrar format.

So, I downloaded all the files direct to my games rig(I have all the other patches on a usb,but did this just to test) they all downloaded fine,apart from Mod 4.0 which came in as an rar file.with the same problems as above.
    The download site was Jagdgeschwader4.de, so maybe something is up in the downloads section.
    My gaming rig played up a bit, but scans showed no problems, but Ccleaner got stuck on a file:maddox.dll then had to re-start.
    Any one having simular problems?

I did a re-install a few weeks back and everything was fine, but this time (a complete rig re-install including windows7 ect) something is wrong.

Help appreciated
    Thor

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Re: MOD4.0 Download issue

Hi Thor, I could be wrong and hopefully someone will clarify this for us, but 4.0 is 2 parts/files? I always thought there is no need to unzip anything, the installer should do all the work for you. I haven't done a re-install so I could be way off target here. There is a download link here as well if you need to re d-l the patch.. http://teamfusion.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/

edit: or maybe just the first part needs to be unzipped...not sure. I'm probly not much help

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Smile Re: MOD4.0 Download issue

What I'm getting in the download (after unzipping)is a grey installer file and a winrar file.
    In the videos I see two files, the 001 file is the one to right click and run 7zip, these are not present.
    I'm going to try one more time tonight, then thats enough for one day!

Thor

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Thor, make sure the extracted installer is on the same folder with the RAR file and run the installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Alternative non 7zip version download link:

Mod installer v4.00.

This file is in two-parts. Download both files below. Copy them into the same folder. Double-click Part1 which is a self-extracting .rar archive.

Once completed you will have two files. One is called "Mod 4.0 Installer.exe" the other is called "Mod-v40.zip"

Double-click the "Mod 4.0 Installer.exe" and follow the instructions to install v4.00 into your CloD directory

Hope the new links help?

Cheers, MP

Part 1:

http://www.adrive.com/public/VM8XQe/Mod

Installer v4.00.part1.exe

Part 2:

http://www.adrive.com/public/cPPZdw/Mod
    Installer v4.00.part2.rar

Cheers, MP
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Many thanks MP, that resolved it after a bit of tweaking around, but got patched back up to 4.312 in the end!
    Thanks again

Thor

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Your welcome, glad it helped.
    We hope that by TF v5.00 we should have the Auto-Updater working and this will save a lot of hassle for everyone

We're working on it, cheers, MP
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Many thanks MP, that resolved it after a bit of tweaking around, but got patched back up to 4.312 in the end!
    Thanks again

Thor
    What tweaking did you do if I may ask?

Ah nevermind, it is the antivirus program that takes it away, have to
    stop it to search in real-time when extracting the files otherwise it wont work.
    Last edited by Sturmnoob; Oct-31-2014 at 18:35.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    Your welcome, glad it helped.
    We hope that by TF v5.00 we should have the Auto-Updater working and this will save a lot of hassle for everyone

We're working on it, cheers, MP
    So will the version 5 installer (with auto adapter) install over existing mods no matter what version and without the false positive trojan in V4.0 currently giving many people problems?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

That's the intention

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Eggs celent, or something similar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    202.80 MB

Question Re: MOD4.0 Download issue

I have got 2.9 GB downloaded when running the .exe I get this message

Apparently Mod-v 40 zip is not found! Yes, 40 rather than 4.0.

I have tried the alternative download sites but they are no longer working. I have unpacked using 7 zip. Also turning off anti-virus did not work. At a bit of a loss now what to do; assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Volunteer; Dec-27-2014 at 05:48. Reason: Problem solved

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

extract to the same folder where you have your downloaded file and run the executable again. Indulge me

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    202.80 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lolsav View Post
    extract to the same folder where you have your downloaded file and run the executable again. Indulge me
    Worked a treat, Lolsav, thank you. I now have all patches installed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    195.17 MB

I cannot get this 4.0 patch i'm stuck on 3.1,im getting corrupt downloads,links that don't exist anymore, at a loss

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

My personnal backup for all TF files

https://meocloud.pt/link/87d345b8-2c...Team%20Fusion/

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    195.17 MB

Sorted now thanks to community spirit
    Sorry to be a bother

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by CombatTaffy View Post
    Sorted now thanks to community spirit
    Sorry to be a bother
    New [27-12, 09:37] ATAG_Lolsav: taffy disable antivirus and extract the 4.0 for the same folder and try again
    New [27-12, 09:42] CombatTaffy: that worked thanks ,i had no messages from my AV though?
    New [27-12, 09:44] CombatTaffy: thanks fellas
    Im not dead yet!

Speaking of which

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hey all, new to the community. I have spent the better of 4 hrs trying to get mod 4.0 to install and nothing seems to be working. I tried WinRar and 7-zip, I turned off my Firewall and I have tried several links, etc.

As it stands right now, I have these files in my folder (Mod Installer v4.00.part1.exe, Mod Installer v4.00.part2.rar, Mod-v40.zip). When I double click part 1 exe, it brings up an extraction screen to chose a destination folder for "extraction" and upon doing so, it appears to be working, but once it's finished I am left with nothing more.. only the exact files listed above.

My head is about to explode. I really want to try this sim. I realize there has been a lot of help thus far with other people, which I have tried, but nothing seems to be working. Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Hmmm if you run the file "Mod Installer v4.00.part1.exe" and you had the part2 on the same folder AND assuming you pointed the installer to the correct patch (if its not the default instalation location).. you should be ok. Now let me ask you. Have you launched the game after that? Please do and look on the main screen, on the bottom right corner. It states what version you have installed.

P.S. and i hope you didnt skip the other required files, ie, 3.0, 3.01 before going on 4.0 instalation (and run the game at least once between each instalation - it creates required files and folders for the next patch)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Unhappy Re: MOD4.0 Download issue

Thanks for the response. The EXE doesn't look like a typical EXE, it actually looks like a winrar file. I did try extracting to my CloD directory and opened the game and it was still on the previous patch version (3.01).

I am stuck on trying to install version 4.0, but I do have the previous ones installed. Without any issues.

This is what the .exe reads "WinRAR self-extracting" archive. These are the options:

Press Install button to start extraction.

Use Browse button to select the destination folder from the folders tree. It can be also entered manually.

If the destination folder does not exist, it will be created automatically before extraction.

I have done both, install into my "patch" folder, with hopes that an actual .exe file will appear and I can install the patch as intended, and I have also install into the CLoD directory, thinking that this was the actual patch. Neither work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Have you disabled your antivirus? If it reads a false positive on the file it will either disable it or quarantine it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Yes, I have attempted this while anti-virus was disabled. I am trying again using the file from this link - http://teamfusion.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/

I have 7-zip installed. I'll let you know exactly what happens - or doesn't happen.

Edited to say that I downloaded the mod from the link I provided above and upon opening it in 7-zip there are (2) files. One is Mod-v40.zip and the other is the Mod Installer.exe. When I click on the .exe nothing happens.. if I try to "move" or "copy" nothing happens. It's almost as though it isn't there.. the extraction program can't find it. I would imagine it has nothing to do with Windows 8.1?

I have my anti-virus turned off.
    Last edited by Lemon; Dec-31-2014 at 11:56.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

You say you have your AV turned off, but the report you give is exactly the same as the ones who had problems with AV turned on. Maybe you are not disabling it correctly. Not calling you incompetent, its just software and computers stuff, we think we do something, they say "yes i did as you ask master" and then they do what they want.

Can i suggest you to boot up in "safe mode" and attempt to install from there? (I dont know if windows 8 has safe mode actually). In Safe Mode the AV will be disabled (hopefully), thats why im asking.

Lets try to get you to 2015 with those problems sorted out

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Well, I deserve a facepalm for sure. When it comes to computers in general, I am not incompetent, but apparently when it comes to McAfee security, I am. I had only turned off the "Firewall" and not the Anti-Virus... derp.

Nevertheless, I am now patched up to the most current!

Now I just need my TrackIR and Joystick and I'll be all set.

Thanks for the help! Great community!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Happy 2015!