Thread: Sunglasses

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    160.45 MB

Sunglasses

So this came to me yesterday as I was yet again extremely annoyed by the sun on sea lion. Would it be possible to model an on/off sunglasses effect? It could be something as simple as reduced gamma or it could be something more elaborate with a curved dynamic range (not a linear adjustment).

Either way it would be something new that no other sim has had yet and it would improve the immersion.

What do you think?

Badger

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Re: Sunglasses

Adjust your brightness and contrast.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

I've thought about that before too but I guess is veeeeeryyyyy low priority

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    81.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by hnbdgr View Post
    So this came to me yesterday as I was yet again extremely annoyed by the sun on sea lion. Would it be possible to model an on/off sunglasses effect? It could be something as simple as reduced gamma or it could be something more elaborate with a curved dynamic range (not a linear adjustment).

Either way it would be something new that no other sim has had yet and it would improve the immersion.

What do you think?

Badger

S!

I think that will be a great inclusion!

Conheça a Luftwaffe Brasil!

http://www.thorin.com.br/forumlbr/index.php

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

True about the sunrays, i lost a few targets cause of that.. Thx for the tips

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    160.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Fidget View Post
    Adjust your brightness and contrast.
    Yes the problem with that is you will be shifting in the other direction and severely impacting your contact searching abilities especially against ground and dark sea patches.

Yes you can use sweetfx for a quickfix. But if you're already using sweetfx for enhancement then it's not possible as you can't have 2 presets on it.

I can imagine it would be a very low priority job but my hope is it would be a simple one too

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

I have the perfect solution that will give you a very real sunglasses effect ingame.....

Actually I am serious...I use a pair of sunglasses to fly sometimes...It works....Try it..
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    293.98 MB

~S~
    You could also use Sweet FX, as your sun glasses, and "put" them on or off at will.

Mox

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    17.61 MB

The Spit and Hurricane already have the glare shield on the reflector site, not that I used it very often need to map it to a toggle switch.
    In the past, aggressive Australian patrols have caused the enemy great embarrassment by unremittingly harassing his line of communications, destroying his dumps, and generally indulging in a "spot of bastardry." – Notes for Platoon & Section Leaders distributed to Allied Land Forces in SouthWest Pacific Area-Operations 1943.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    160.45 MB

The problem with the reflector sights is they are only useful if your target is between you and the sun What I'd like to do is turn my head around to check my high six and not have my retinas burned out

@Lewis

Great idea Lewis , In an everlasting quest for more immersion I have managed to get my SO to stand by the fan and turn it on everytime I open the canopy. Together with your sunglasses idea, it's almost like I'm right there

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Quote Originally Posted by hnbdgr View Post
    The problem with the reflector sights is they are only useful if your target is between you and the sun What I'd like to do is turn my head around to check my high six and not have my retinas burned out

@Lewis

Great idea Lewis , In an everlasting quest for more immersion I have managed to get my SO to stand by the fan and turn it on everytime I open the canopy. Together with your sunglasses idea, it's almost like I'm right there
    Haha....I am actually serious with that suggestion....I do honestly wear my sunglasses occasionally when the light is strong ...It works for me....I also have a set of slightly tinted glasses which I wear anyways...Both sets are prescription glasses with lens for my less than perfect eyesight..
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel