Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Warfront server

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

Re: Warfront server

Quote Originally Posted by Ironclaw View Post
    Мы вчера позиции ЗА накрыли. После вновь туда летим - они опять целые.
    Если была перезагрузка сервера, то все не захваченные полностью, а только частично н\п, короче все по дефолту возвращается...
    Если перезагрузки не было, то может быть баг. Уничтоженные, не должны респаниться.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    974.2 KB

Cassius is right. If a town or position is not completely captured by the time the server resets, they are 'reinforced' with replacement units. This is a function of how the persistent feature works by loading a mission file with each gun/vehicle/et cetera for the town/position on server startup or when a position is captured.

Because of the sheer volume of mission objectives, a more specific tracking of units destroyed would be much more difficult and much more server intensive, likely requiring some kind of database integration and a new method of spawning objects into the map. The system as it works now would require a different .mis file for every gun, vehicle, and building. With the number of towns and positions in the map available for capture now, using an average number of objects per town/position, that works out to over 3,000 .mis files. And we're not even into the dense area north of the Somme!

There is no script designed to refresh or respawn AA guns or any other target objectives during the server's 6 hour run time.

3. Likes Ironclaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

Thank you for the clarifications and yours work.
    As I understand it, after our short but very rich on the our losses tests , we found of a few points on which I would like to draw attention.
    1. Mixed units of opposing sides.
    When one side capture a part of the city, it is very difficult to attack objects.
    There is a danger of destroying their own units.
    Perhaps there are some difficulties with balance on anti-aircraft guns side by side. But it may be made by increase / decrease in the number of units.
    2. The respawn of aircraft in hangars.
    In virtually all cases, the inability to leave the hangar without destroying the aircraft.
    3. Need more targets for linear bombers.

Спасибо за пояснения и за ваш труд.
    Как я понял, после наших непродолжительных, но очень богатых на наши потери тестов мы выяснили несколько вещей, на которые хотелось бы обратить внимание.
    1. Смешанные юниты противодействующих сторон.
    При захвате одной части города, очень сложно атаковать объекты.
    Есть опасность уничтожения своих собственных юнитов.
    Наверное есть сложности с балансом по средствам ПВО у сторон. Может быть это можно исправить путем увеличения / уменьшения количества юнитов.
    2. Появление самолетов в ангарах.
    Практически во всех случаях невозможность покинуть ангар без разрушения самолета.
    3. Нужны большие цели для линейных бомбардировщиков.
    Last edited by Cassius; Mar-03-2015 at 14:31.

5. Likes II./JG51Walther liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    974.2 KB

Hi Cassius,

I'll address each point numerically, just for clarity.

1. There is a risk of attacking your own targets, to be sure. This is intentional. Historically, there are numerous reports of air attacks on friendly units when proper care and attention is not taken to establish the enemy from the friendly. By using the map (and zooming in to see the established battle lines), visual recognition of targets (in the case of trucks and tanks), and simply observing who is shooting at you and who isn't there is enough information to determine who is enemy and who is friendly. There is no overlap of units. The frontlines that are drawn on the map clearly mark out where enemy and friendly troops are going to be. If you find a target in a part of a city that is behind the enemy line, it is enemy. The only unit that is used for both Red and Blue is the 20mm flak gun. All other units are represented by respective comparable units (40mm flak vs bofors gun, Flak 88 vs 3.7 QF, Panzer vs. Crusader, etc.).

2. Aircraft spawning in hangars is something we should address. We've flown from a lot of the airfields on our way across the map and haven't encountered too many problems, but you may be flying with larger numbers of players than us. Please let me know which airfields you have the most problems at and I'll add objects to prevent spawning in the troublesome spots. I'll start going through them myself, as well.

3. There are a few major bombing targets for level bombing (I think there are about 8 or 9). These usually correspond to major cities (Caen, Rouen, etc.), but I agree that it would be nice to have some more big bombing targets for high altitude bombers. There's no reason why you couldn't recon a town, identify the location of specific guns, and then precision bomb those spots from altitude. You wouldn't need to see the gun itself, just the ground texture to identify the spot. This is a time consuming operation and might take more than one day (one day to do all the reconnaissance and identification, another day to run the bombing mission) but we're enjoying it so far. Squiz has done up some great reconnaissance photos of targets we've attacked and they work really well. The large guns (88s and QFs) are typically grouped together in groups of 5 (not always though). These make a great high altitude target since taking these guns out will restrict the ability of the ground units to damage nearby friendly positions. Taking out the large guns of nearby positions is typically the first tactical move when trying to take new ground. Failing to do so invites those guns to simply take back any ground you capture.

But I do hear you and agree that a few more locations for big bomber missions would be good. I'd like to redo a few of the major cities to have more interesting objectives that react more dynamically as they are destroyed. The lack of a good altitude bomber for Red has kept that desire a low priority so far. We hope to see a flyable Wellington soon.
    Last edited by No.401_Wolverine; Mar-03-2015 at 15:27.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Красные жмут. Уже Гавр взяли.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345