Thread: How place a Dashboard photo

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

How place a Dashboard photo

How do you place a Dashboard photo in the cockpit? I just don´t find the way

I only found this:
    * Pic of your loved one
    This mod is turned off by default. To select a picture to use go to the folder [my documents]\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover -MOD\DashPics
    Here you will find the following folders:
    * Selected -the mod will use the pic named "1.tga" from this folder (PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THIS FOLDER EMPTY WITHOUT A "1.tga" FILE)
    * Templates -some "stock" pictures. To use one, copy it to the "Selected" folder and rename it to "1.tga".
    This folder also includes a photoshop template. If you do a coustom picture, please note that you need to edit the alpha layer as well (included in the template) and the picture MUST be in tga format.

But How do we TURN IT ON?
    Last edited by spartan18a; Nov-21-2014 at 17:22.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: How place a Dashboard photo

No answers???? Please, I really don't know how to turn it on. Please tell me. Please ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

If you name it 1.tga it will show. You can only have one photo called 1.tga in the folder at a time.
    Cheers N8 and Master Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Dave View Post
    Otyg would win the most impact on me prize, he's a winner in my book.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Ok. I'll try today. Thanks. So renaming the file is the way to turn it on? I hope it works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Theres whole threads on this in these forums with all thecdetails to putting any pic there you want.....Try using the search facility at the top right of thiscforum...Try ...Dash......or Dash pic....in there

Unfortunately Im away from my pc for a few days.....If you can wait until I get back pm me and I am sure I can find the link for you...
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

It works! The problem was that the 1.tga file is transparent by default and as soon as you replace it .... Works just fine.
    Last edited by spartan18a; Nov-23-2014 at 18:03.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi,
    So, what happens if you >>>> (PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THIS FOLDER EMPTY WITHOUT A "1.tga" FILE)"<<<< ?
    I removed the list of wingspans I had in there which were working fine, and may have left it empty. I think I replaced it with the original 1.tga which was black. When I put the 1.tga file I had been using back in, it didn't show up.
    I must have messed something up.

Never mind, I figured it out. Cant believe I could be so dense! It works fine when placed it the "selected" folder! DOOOOOHH! a real Homer moment!
    Last edited by A.P.Hill; Nov-22-2014 at 18:17.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by A.P.Hill View Post
    Hi,
    So, what happens if you >>>> (PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THIS FOLDER EMPTY WITHOUT A "1.tga" FILE)"<<<< ?
    I removed the list of wingspans I had in there which were working fine, and may have left it empty. I think I replaced it with the original 1.tga which was black. When I put the 1.tga file I had been using back in, it didn't show up.
    I must have messed something up.

Never mind, I figured it out. Cant believe I could be so dense! It works fine when placed it the "selected" folder! DOOOOOHH! a real Homer moment!
    I'll write something that other people might find helpful
    My expeirence with creating a dash pic was pretty troublesome, but I finally managed to do it.

The most important thing is the size of the pic! 256 x 256 px!

I used a larger pic at the beginning and I was getting the message: Launcher stopped working.
    If you encounter a similar problem, all you have to do is just delete the image called 1.tga from the "Selected" folder.

The game will automatically put the default pic when you restart the game, so you don't have to reinstall the whole game as I did! Hope this helps

Oh, 1 more thing. Use GIMP version 2.6, not 2.8
    Last edited by MACHETTTTTE; Jun-22-2015 at 13:58.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Storm of War - Simulations Multiplayer Environment - www.stormofwar.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    297.04 MB

Thanks for the info

cockpit_edited.jpg