Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody managed to get a refund on BOS?

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Anybody managed to get a refund on BOS?

Just wanted to know, I'm not really enjoying the direction it's going in and it's pointless to say anything on their forum, just want shot of that crap, anybody ever manage to get refunded?

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Anybody managed to get a refund on BOS?

Or at least does a fanboy want to buy my account? think of all the fun you could have trolling it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    160.45 MB

I don't know of a single person. More likely to sell your copy.

Off topic but...how on earth did you manage to type 3726 posts on that forum? That's impressive!

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

and over 900 +1's, what can I say, I was trying to be an enthusiastic member of the community.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

it's a full premium account with the 190 and La5.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

This guy say that is need "play" with 1CGS support, until have sufficient "XP" to "unlock" the refund:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.ph...as#Post4027588

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Bugger! why did I buy into this, I really had no idea it was going to turn in to such a dump.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

No refund, tried last winter but was told to sell it.

As for selling, I think it's hard nowadays as there are threads on various forums with people trying to sell theirs.

Personally I just take the $100 as "getting to know 777 money".

I will not buy a gold bar for their next product.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    38.21 MB

I put mine up on the for sale part of this forum. It went in a day, not for the full amount of course, but there's still the curious out there. The buyer of my copy probably paid the real value of the game, unless you're in Russia.

BOS support refused my request for a refund. Told me I didn't pay close enough attention to the Diary or some such nonsense. Ah well, my fault for being a stupid consumer and trusting them to put out a true successor to IL2. In a way the name itself was my developer's diary. Almost did it again with Elite Dangerous, but something nagged at me, and that little voice was apparently right!

Did you know that you didn't pay for the unlocks but that they're freebies? I guess that's how they can lock them down like they did.

Still, I can't figure out what $100.00 went to. A second hand, 5 year old engine, 2 maps, and 6 planes. And no options.

In a strange way it was a relief to get rid of it. I guess I don't have a memento to remind me of monumental foolishness.

I'll admit, I'm ranting, but I'm still out $60.00 so I think I'm entitled.
    AKA Jim

Hood

Quote Originally Posted by JG3~Target View Post
    Told me I didn't pay close enough attention to the Diary or some such nonsense.
    In part they're right about this. I do however think they could have flagged things up much more clearly because a lot of folks sailed along oblivious (no criticism) to what was coming, then when it hit it caused a sh!tstorm.

Also, I wish they'd had a better FAQ to pull together the really important info eg:

1. Will there be an FMB - not on release

2. Will there be server software - not on release

3. What does IL2 mean to you - it means an easy to access experience with as good FM etc as we can make, with emphasis on combat

4. What are unlocks - more stuff for your plane but you have to play SP to get them with no exceptions

5. What is development cycle - release base product then FMB and dserver then this then that, with ongoing support to fix bugs

6. How many on server - plan is X, but limit to Y for testing

7. Player skins - like ROF with skin packs being released for download

And so on - insert your own question/answer here. Some of this stuff is in the early diary entries, some in the 60s or whenever, but not all of it is clear. It is there but you have to look for it - best to just shove it all up front.

For what it's worth, it's a good game even if it cries out for ongoing development; I've had probably 3 or 4 out of my best 10 simming moments in it.

@ Target - wait and see if it turns out to be what you want. It'd be a shame if JG3 aren't represented over Stalingrad as the real life counterparts played such a big role.

@ Bongo - same, as a month, or two, or three might bring massive changes and there is nothing to be lost by waiting.

Hood

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    17.61 MB

Hey Bongo!

No body's going to buy a virgin BofS license, Your going to have to value add!

Get grinding Man! Just imagine how much it will be worth with all those unlocks!!!!!!

In the past, aggressive Australian patrols have caused the enemy great embarrassment by unremittingly harassing his line of communications, destroying his dumps, and generally indulging in a "spot of bastardry." – Notes for Platoon & Section Leaders distributed to Allied Land Forces in SouthWest Pacific Area-Operations 1943.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

@Skoshi,

I thought the unlock grinding was the core of the game, the USP that makes this title so special.

@Hood.

Personally I think Mr Williams last minute declaration that all could be subject to change was a bit........last minute, simply another one of the shady tactics being employed regularly over there, it also would render your suggested FAQ redundant because everything would have a caveat which just makes it even less clear.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    In part they're right about this. I do however think they could have flagged things up much more clearly because a lot of folks sailed along oblivious (no criticism) to what was coming, then when it hit it caused a sh!tstorm.

Also, I wish they'd had a better FAQ to pull together the really important info
    Why should a customer have to search for and then read through 80+ forum posts (developer diaries) to pick out one or two points of interest to them? Your suggestion of an FAQ is a better option but in my opinion 1C/777 have been deliberately disingenuous to avoid awkward questions about the DServer, FMB and XP unlocks. A prime example would be the unlocks, yes they were mentioned but they did not say they would be linked to MP until much later and when people complained, what did Jason say? (paraphrasing here) "oh we already told you about unlocks months ago" deliberately missing out the key point that he did not say they were linked to MP back then, the fanboys jumped on that statement and it became to stock answer to anyone criticising the XP unlocks and it somehow becomes fact and the truth swept under the carpet.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I'm keeping my copy for now in the hope that they change their game design philosophy in the future. Unlocks should only be for the cheap Russian version. Custom graphic options should be possible. I don't know what Loft was thinking with some of the design decisions - utterly daft choices and being Russian they're going to be ridiculously stubborn about making changes. They don't want to even do completely zero work changes like opening up the graphics config file for editing which would appease a lot of people. It's like they don't even want to help themselves and comes across as completely bizarre.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Guys, you could write on the Russian forum. Loft was saying a few months ago that he will look for a way to give a refund to anyone who is not satisfied with the game.
    Even from his own pocket if there is no other way.

They understand English, no need for translators.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Do we need to register again or do we have automatic accounts at the Russian site?

OK, automatic account, just logged in fine.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Even better I am not banned at the Russian site so I can post.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Oh! I posted my request at the Russian site, B6 told me to use the support function and closed the thread, I guess they must have missed my earlier try on the support page for the same request, I will have to start another topic to explain their mistake I guess.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Potential break through, support have responded, I need to explain my case for them to be able to help me.............watch this space.

Hood

I don't think anyone has been disingenious. Naive yes, guilty of odd decisions, sure, but not disingenious.

The info is all there but like with any software development communication can be king, and in this environment get it wrong and you get the most rabid of polarisation for and against.

Hood

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Totally disingenuous, they keep making retro active statements to alay concerns that should have been clear from the beginning, it smells of dishonesty.

Banned
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpSpZ2Q17Fc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I could have sworn that they were saying fmb would be available for everyone at launch right through july. Then it was soon. Now its 90% for sure this year.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

They also said oculus support would be in a November update, this is pretty much all I was holding out for, the game offers me nothing else.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    38.21 MB

@ Hood, you do know who the CO for JG3 is don't you?

But kidding aside, I hope you're right and that some great awakening happens with the devs. because it really isn't the absence of options, the unlocks or any number of the things you listed, that are holding this game back, it's the devs. At 70% complete everyone agrees the game was on the right track, graphics were adjustable, unlocks not a factor and the Me available (even though only given out to certain people). I imagine many would prefer to go back to the 70% mark if given the choice. So that alone speaks volumes. The potential is there, its the devs. holding it back.

And to be honest, even though I'm not happy with the end product, hopefully this situation will be short lived and the end product is really in the future because some of my friends have the game and what kind of friend would I be not to want them to enjoy the game?
    AKA Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Really do not understand the problem, 48 players on server and barking dogs in the villages . Worth every penny

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

The "problem" is, that except for some eye-candy and a "better feel of flying" Il2-BoS is a great step backward from IL2-1946.
    A successor should surpass its predecessor, at least in most details.
    Last edited by ZG15_robtek; Dec-03-2014 at 15:40.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

This apparent 'feel' of flying is mere trickery though, it is not based on any accuracy, it feels almost identical to Wings of Prey, but it sure has conned a lot of people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    81.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by bongodriver View Post
    This apparent 'feel' of flying is mere trickery though, it is not based on any accuracy, it feels almost identical to Wings of Prey, but it sure has conned a lot of people.
    S!

For some reason, I feel the BOS planes sluggish in controls, like some kind of lag input, especially on the Fw-190. I don't feel this on DCS or CLOD.
    Conheça a Luftwaffe Brasil!

http://www.thorin.com.br/forumlbr/index.php

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by robtek View Post
    The "problem" is, that except for some eye-candy and a "better feel of flying" Il2-BoS is a great step backward from IL2-1946.
    A successor should surpass its predecessor, at least in most details.
    I agree at some point, but TD is not official so their improvements cannot be considered in that point. Personally I do not think we will see another IL 2 Sturmovik per se. We did not get it with cod and not with BOS.
    We have to do with some piece of BOS and some piece of cod and some piece of DCS.
    If you believe anyone would put those millions of $ to get a complete IL2 as we know it after two major failures in terms of finance and reception I would say your a optimist.

Hood

@ Target - I know, but members of squads are individuals so for me JG 3 is a squad with a single "interesting" character in it but I don't view all of JG3 the same way. Most squads have at least one.

For the rest it feels good to me - kinda like being in a motor glider at 3000m. Maybe that's too light but I still like it. What is difficult is getting the feel of speed changes without reference to the gauges. I haven't spent much time in it though - 10 hours in the campaign and maybe 4 hours online.

FMB - diary #2 says no FMB on release. I don't think they ever changed this apart from making it available to a few. Lots of stuff flying around though so picking out the accurate nuggets of info was hard.

Hood

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast