Thread: Raiders Map

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Raiders Map

Hi Guys,

Just had a blast on the new Raiders map (very cool).

1 Bug so far, we put 3 bomb loads on Campagne-Les-Guines but it did not take any damage at all. Hits were made on the runway, next too and on the airfield buildings.

Syrin

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Re: Raiders Map

Thanks Syrin, I thought I had that fixed, guess not. Will update and re-submit asap.

Thanks for the feedback!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.63 MB

you can find informations for this map at this link...

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ad.php?t=13957

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Syrin Widlfire View Post
    1 Bug so far, we put 3 bomb loads on Campagne-Les-Guines but it did not take any damage at all. Hits were made on the runway, next too and on the airfield buildings.
    Fixed and submitted! (it was a spelling error in the script) Not sure when the new version will be on but the brief will say "Raiders V1.1". Some other minor changes were made also, if you've played the mission, please re-read the briefing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.50 MB

Good map, Freya. I would love the map being started at one or two hours earlier (ingame time) because in the finishing hour of the map aiming for red pilots is very hard due to overbright gunsights.

John Lydgate: “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Freya,

Just flown on your map for the first time - excellent work, lots of fun, excellent scenario and thanks for making it available!!

A couple of people on Blue TS mentioned some issues with spawning in at one of the Blue bases. i think it might have been Estree but I'm not 100% sure and it may have been somewhere else. The issue they mentioned was that when they spawned in they found themselves in a forest and/or on the side of a hill and it was very very difficult for them to take off.

I encouraged them to post here to explain in detail their issue but just in case they dont get a chance to do so I thought I'd let you know so you could take a look. Sounds like some of the spawn points might not be working correctly?

In my case i didnt notice any bugs. I shot down a Blennie but no kill was registered but i dont think that is an issue specifically with your map. I liked how it got darker and darker (I feel safer in my 110 in the darker skies...) but can understand Pan Tast's point re the gunsights though.

I'm looking fwd to flying it again.

Ezzie

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.77 MB

Great map Freya

The only bugs ive noticed so far are the Campagne-Les-Guines issue which has been fixed and there are some spawn points at Littlestone where its easy to flip your plane when taxiing

Dave

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Mindle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    911.26 MB

Raiders Map

We flew the map also Tuesday and the bombs I put down on champagne didn't register. Glad it's a now-fixed-bug. Pantast reckoned I must have dropped them on the forest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 9./JG52 Mindle; Dec-11-2014 at 20:49.

Windows 10 64-bit; Intel Core i5-4670K @ 3.4 GHz Processor; 16.0 GB RAM; NVIDIA GTX970; TM Warthog HOTAS; MFG Crosswinds; Track IR5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

@ Pan - I never intended this mission to run into dusk, so thanks! I'll change the time a bit to keep daylight hours..perhaps 1 hour earlier should do. (?)

@Ezzie, Dave - I'll check the spawns at all airfields again - thanks for bringing it to my attention!

@ Mindle - If you put down enough champagne, you'll be bombed! lol - Seriously, I hope damage is working at ...Les Guines now. I still doubt that you could ever miss though.

Thank you all for the feedback. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to fly this mission on the server yet, so I rely heavily on reports from those of you that have. I'll do some fixing tomorrow, and re-submit. Thanks for your help! Please let me know if anything else needs worked on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

This is a fun map, thanks!

A bit dark towards the end but not unplayable, so starting time a bit earlier would certainly get my
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Raiders V 1.2 submitted. (On 12/12...ha) Should be on soonish, at Bliss' earliest convenient time . Check briefings. No major changes, just starts 1 hour earlier in the day, and added more spawn points. I think the reason the spawns were goofy is because there were not enough of them, so when the server is busy, and spawn points get used up, CoD seems to 'make' its own extra spawns behind the originals, which are already near the edges of the airbases, hence finding yourselves in the hills sometimes. So I added more at most airbases. IF anyone finds more of these crazy spawns please let me know (where) and I'll keep adding fixes! I plan on making some mostly cosmetic changes for later next week when I have more time, and I would be interested to know from the flak gunners if gun placement and amount is adequate/satisfactory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Sounds good Freya.

Hope your spawn points work out. For me they are one of the most frustrating things to try and get right and no matter how much testing i do some still sneak thru the cracks. I suffered my first death this month on my own map a few minutes ago (only 2nd time ive flown it online) due to a tight spawn and subsequent collision with a pen as i taxied out - the irony....

I was pretty sure i had fixed them all up on the base in question but it seems not and i'm wondering if its one of the default ones that we have no control over.

I'm off to recheck the base and see and might add to the list for a future update.

Happy FMB'ing..

Ezzie
    Last edited by ATAG_Ezzie; Dec-12-2014 at 16:38.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Thanks Ezzie, yeah them spawnpoints, they can be...fun. I think Swallow sums it up best, so I'll use a quote from one of his posts. (he's got alot of really good ones..)

As usual, CloD teeters on a razor's edge between pure overarching ambitious genius and sheer total ruinous madness.
    Lol. So true.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suffered my first death this month on my own map a few minutes ago (only 2nd time ive flown it online) due to a tight spawn and subsequent collision with a pen as i taxied out - the irony....

Sorry to hear of your virtual death! I guess it's true what they say...

"The pen is mightier than the sword."

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

Thanks for the new Map.
    Some observations.
    Object battle artillery factory AS21.1 not visible in the crosshair from a height of 5000 meters.
    It did not even visible from a height of 500 meters at a distance of 2000 meters. It merges with the white landscape.
    as21.png
    Cut off to tryin to find the object.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    Object battle artillery factory AS21.1 not visible in the crosshair from a height of 5000 meters.
    It did not even visible from a height of 500 meters at a distance of 2000 meters. It merges with the white landscape.
    Suggestion: Put a smoke pile on it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Thankyou Cassius! Very detailed report, I appreciate it! I'll see what I can do to make the target easier to spot, Lolsav's suggestion is very good too! I'll be working on this and some other things through the week, and hopefully I'll find a method to remedy this. Seems that every time I try to get a night for Cliffs in, another X-mas function presents itself and I have to go... and I'm rumming out of run! Humbug. Raiders 1.3 is on the way, before 2015, thank you all for your cooperation and plz keep reporting anything that needs work. Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Been trying like hell to get this target to show up earlier, but have come to the conclusion that it's a 'in-game' limitation. I've messed with things like z-offset, re-location, and tried using different buildings but it's still the same. For some reason the place doesn't want to draw in from beyond a certain altitude or distance. I've taken Lolsav's suggestion and added a smoke north of the target, which helps, but it will still be challenging to line up a bomb run for those who are seeing it for the first time. I'll take a couple days and see if I can do any better, but I have my doubts. I'll submit 1.3 in a couple days...

EDIT: 1.3 submitted 22/12/2014 - added smoke to Battle target to aid visability, location moved only slightly, some minor cosmetic details, flak placements etc...
    Last edited by ATAG_Freya; Dec-22-2014 at 23:28.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

I found some probs with the last mission - made a mistake on the files I sent. New one sent away, Raiders 1.3 should be all good now..I hope.

PS. has anyone had problems with parachutes so far in this mission...?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

I think I bailed out once on your map Freya and the chute worked ok for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Freya View Post
    I found some probs with the last mission - made a mistake on the files I sent. New one sent away, Raiders 1.3 should be all good now..I hope.

PS. has anyone had problems with parachutes so far in this mission...?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Ok glad to hear it worked. I took a look at the mission file, compared it to others, and found the [birthpace] places had the parachute box un-ticked. I freaked out and thought maybe it meant that no parachutes were available, but it seems it doesn't make a difference. Another FMB lesson learned I guess! Have fun skydiving, rest assured that if you pull the ripcord, it might be your lucky day...maybe...just try your best to make the other guy test it out first!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

I was spawning in the weeds at Littlestone on your map, which is awesome by the way!

22. Likes ATAG_Septic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Hey thanks! And thanks for the heads up about littlestone. I'll try to fix it as soon as I can, please be patient!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

No prob, take your time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

this is confusing. Who you talking to Freya? Yourself?

26. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lolsav View Post
    Battle stress

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

28. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.77 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lolsav View Post
    Hmm this does seem a bit like that scene in lord of the rings where Golum is talking 'to' Sméagol

30. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Hehe. Sorry. Just wanted it to be known that I know of these probs...about my precious.