Thread: TS woes

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    24.74 MB

Unhappy TS woes

S!

Until recently I have had zero problems with TS. Nada, zilch. Has always worked as it should. But now I have got this problem that I can not assign a PTT hotkey button anymore on my Warthog Throttle. I had the Button 6 used(top POV hat pulled back,on the side of inner throttle grip). Every game and the controller properties respond to it when pressed, but TS does not want to see it. I checked TS forums, but they were far from helpful in the matter. Nothing written there worked. So asking if anyone here had any tips to get the PTT to work again?
    Rig for gaming...

Intel i5 10600K 4.1GHz CPU, MSI Z490-A Pro mobo, 32Gb DDR4 @ 3200MHz, AMD Radeon 6700XT 12Gb, Samsung/WD SSD for OS/Games, TMWH throttle, Virpil WarBRD base + MongoosT grip, MFG CrossWind, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Re: TS woes

Quote Originally Posted by Flanker35M View Post
    S!

Until recently I have had zero problems with TS. Nada, zilch. Has always worked as it should. But now I have got this problem that I can not assign a PTT hotkey button anymore on my Warthog Throttle. I had the Button 6 used(top POV hat pulled back,on the side of inner throttle grip). Every game and the controller properties respond to it when pressed, but TS does not want to see it. I checked TS forums, but they were far from helpful in the matter. Nothing written there worked. So asking if anyone here had any tips to get the PTT to work again?
    Hi Flanker,

Have you tried running TS as an administrator? And if you are using special software for your warthog, are you running that as an administrator as well? With windows 8 and 10, it appears MS blocks some of the features of programs working correctly unless you run them as an administrator.

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Just a silly question...
    Does any other button in the joystick gets recognized by TS?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    24.74 MB

S!

I run as admin, always have. Not using TARGET at all, I map buttons through game interfaces etc. So Direct Input I guess? This did not happen until very recently, 2 days ago. Until then the buttons worked just fine. And it seems TS does not see the buttons at all for some darned reason. Voice activation is questionable, do not want to spam the channels
    Rig for gaming...

Intel i5 10600K 4.1GHz CPU, MSI Z490-A Pro mobo, 32Gb DDR4 @ 3200MHz, AMD Radeon 6700XT 12Gb, Samsung/WD SSD for OS/Games, TMWH throttle, Virpil WarBRD base + MongoosT grip, MFG CrossWind, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Strange...
    Did you update TS recently? You could try an older version.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    24.74 MB

S!

3.0.16 has been out for quite a while and worked OK. Could it be that TS looks for TM HOTAS Warthog Throttle, but in Device Manager it shows as HID-device instead, but under hidden devices the TM gear shows..Urgh. Call the Geek Squad!
    Rig for gaming...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I got TS installed and put the address number in and the voice came on and said "connected". I could hear my voice but couldn't hear any others. The next day I fired it up again thinking I may have tried it before at a time when no one was on. It was still pretty quiet then, briefly, I caught a snippet of a conversation that was in, I think, Russian. A few minutes later the TS 'voice' comes on and tells me that I have been PERMANENTLY banned . . . . . . I didn't do ANYTHING! ! ? ? What's up with that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I got TS installed and put the address number in and the voice came on and said "connected". I could hear my voice but couldn't hear any others. The next day I fired it up again thinking I may have tried it before at a time when no one was on. It was still pretty quiet then, briefly, I caught a snippet of a conversation that was in, I think, Russian. A few minutes later the TS 'voice' comes on and tells me that I have been PERMANENTLY banned . . . . . . I didn't do ANYTHING! ! ? ? What's up with that?
    Try again, I removed you from ban list. All we ask is to be respectful, mind language etc. Not sure exactly why you were on the list, but you get another go at it. Probably a misunderstanding or you had a squeechy mic or something. Go through the the TS setup wizard, join Ts again and ask for a mic check on comms and you'll be good to go! HAve fun!

Edit: you were banned for some annoying noises on TS. Please be respectful, set things up right, my understanding is that this is a second offence. 3 strikes....
    Last edited by ATAG_Freya; Dec-16-2014 at 23:03.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

The person that banned you spoke to me afterward. You repeatedly were transmitting a loud, screeching noise that sounded like a grinder which was disrupting comms between the other players on the main channel. You first were moved down to a different channel but you returned to the main channel. When asked to stop the noise your manner was flippant and unconcerned. My question: What's up with that?

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritus_Mortem View Post
    LOL. Dang, that guy is my spittin' image! (Well, a few minor differences. I don't wear pink suits, for starters. )

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    LOL. Dang, that guy is my spittin' image! (Well, a few minor differences. I don't wear pink suits, for starters. )
    thank God you said something cause I was about to...it's uncanny really...That guy in the background doing the running man is SM I bet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Wow. Didn't hear anything on my end. Don't know what's up with the screeching. . . sorry. I have a different mike now. As to being flippant, honestly, all I said was 'hello' and 'cliffs of dover' seeing if I was even hooked in to the right game. What kind of flippant remarks were there? Giving smart remarks isn't something I'd do anyway. That only makes things worse.
    Thanks for letting me know what was up. I wonder in the future if there could be some kind of warning with an explanation as to what the issue is so it could be addressed before being permanently blocked. Thanks for letting me try again. Just to reiterate, on my end there was no sound other than my 'hello's' and 'cliffs of dover' and that snippet of what I thought was a conversation in some language I couldn't understand. I'm not exactly an ace when it comes to computers so I HOPE I'm able to get it right this time. Please let me know if there's any problems and I'll TRY to address them.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    24.74 MB

S!

Seems these input problems are due Windows. There are reports of different issues like CapsLock / NumLock lights not working etc. So I can either be the heavy breather by using voice activation until issue is fixed by MS or re-install Win 7/8..
    Rig for gaming...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Have you tried this?

In TS: Settings -> Options -> Hotkeys, in the lower right corner change to Keyboard & Mouse only, edit your hotkey and check the Discard Box. Done. (there are 2 options from memory, just try both K&M and something else)

I also have a Warthog, I use target now for some stuff but never used to and occasionally had an issue with TS not working.
    I assign PTT on the mic button on the throttle.

edit: also look at this
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...ghlight=hotkey
    Last edited by Vlerkies; Dec-17-2014 at 04:56.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    24.74 MB

S!

I tried that, no use. Older version did not work either. Has to do something with how Windows tell TS about devices. The log shows TM Throttle and Joystick being recognized, but none of button presses are registered. Oh well..using voice activation for now, turning mic off unless really need to speak.
    Rig for gaming...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Flanker35M View Post
    S!

I tried that, no use. Older version did not work either. Has to do something with how Windows tell TS about devices. The log shows TM Throttle and Joystick being recognized, but none of button presses are registered. Oh well..using voice activation for now, turning mic off unless really need to speak.
    Ok sorry to hear that.

In the windows game controller joystick/throttle calibration/analyser are the button presses registering?

Alternatively do this then.
    Use joy2key software, map a button press from the keyboard for PTT in TS and then create a quick J2K profile just with that one button press mapped to the button of your choice on your hotas.

You just need to fire up J2K each time you play, but you wont even know it is running.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Ziegler's Avatar
    Coast of Maine - Halfway between the equator and the North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Flanker, TS3 sees none of the warthog buttons? I can understand the hat switch as they can sometimes be problematic but I use the front "lever" on mine for PPT and the grey thumb switch forward (on HOTAS) for whispers. Never had a prob?
    Corsair 600T-Gigabite Gigabyte Z77-UD5 mobo-I7 Ivy Bridge 3770k@3.5ghz-Scythe Ninja 3 -16g HyperX- EVGA GTX 670 FTW-HyperX SSD-Logitech G19-Cyborg Ratz 9-CH Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and throttle with MFG Crosswind pedals, BenQ 2420T monitor, Track IR-5, Obutto Rev3. http://9jg52.com/

Glückliche sieben

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    24.74 MB

S!

TS does not react to any button on stick or throttle, only keyboard or mouse. Game Controller settings and games see the stick and throttle just fine, no problems there. That is what makes it so strange.
    Rig for gaming...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I followed the great walk thru that was posted (really did help a lot) and yet I was still banned as something like "bad person on comm's" Would I need to uninstall TS and start totally fresh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Hi Shawn,

Please give TS another try. I went into TeamSpeak and I believe I have fixed the problem. This is a glitch with TeamSpeak that sometimes the first unbanning doesn't "take". Let me know here or by PM if you now have full access.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Snapper

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    Hi Shawn,

Please give TS another try. I went into TeamSpeak and I believe I have fixed the problem. This is a glitch with TeamSpeak that sometimes the first unbanning doesn't "take". Let me know here or by PM if you now have full access.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Snapper
    Thanx for the patience and the help. Since I'm not too swift on the computer, is there a way I could try to get TS going again and then test it before actually going into COD. I'd hate it (and so would everyone else?
    !) if I got hooked up and had the same problem or something new that I'm unaware of?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Thanx for the patience and the help. Since I'm not too swift on the computer, is there a way I could try to get TS going again and then test it before actually going into COD. I'd hate it (and so would everyone else?
    !) if I got hooked up and had the same problem or something new that I'm unaware of?
    Shawn, you can fire up Teamspeak without Clod running; it runs independently of the game. I'd be pleased to log in and run you through the setup on Teamspeak.

EDIT: However, if we don't hook up, try this:

1) Launch TeamSpeak 3

2) Log into the ATAG TeamSpeak Server

3) Click on "Settings" at the top of the TeamSpeak page

4) Click on "Setup Wizard" in the drop down menu

5) Follow the steps laid out in the Setup Wizard.

This will give you the opportunity to assign a push-to-talk button and also test your microphone.

Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; Dec-18-2014 at 14:05.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi Snapper.
    Yeah, it's me again. . . . I uninstalled TS, re-loaded it and tried to get into ATAG using the 216. . . number and the voice said 'error' and this is what popped up -
    <19:08:15> Trying to connect to server on 216.52.148.29
    <19:08:15> You are banned permanently. Reason: "bad person on coms"

Am I missing something here? I followed all the steps (I bypassed something called Overwolf) when installing and everything went fine. ? ? ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Hi Shawn,

Let's log in together to get this thing fixed. On Thursday (Dec 18th) I actually logged into TeamSpeak eight minutes after you had last posted hoping you would try again. I stuck around for about 30 minutes...but it was not to be.

Name a time (and your time zone ) and I will do everything I can to be there!