Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Fusion Update - Feb 13th 2015 - A few more bits and pieces

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Team Fusion Update - Feb 13th 2015 - A few more bits and pieces

So here we have today's update, just a little late due to the server being down for maintenance.

Now as I detailed in the last update real life has to take priority of this hobby and the start of the year has been a challenge for a chunk of the TF members and as such work isn't progressing particularly fast...but it is progressing.

Due to the nature of the way the team works, members are able to work on their own areas and also help in others but eventually it will reach a bottleneck where a feature has to be created or progressed for others to continue and that is where parts of the MOD currently are. It's not ideal but it's the way we work and have worked and eventually the flow will start again and progress move much faster again.

So on with today's update. As I mentioned work is slow but steady and as such most of the progress we are seeing is in the 3D work.

Firstly here is work being created on the Blenheim to improve it for our players. The work is detailed and intensive for our modeller but the attention to detail I hope you'll agree is worthwhile?

Mount1.png Screen shot 2014-12-16 at 6.55.37 PM.png Screen shot 2014-12-16 at 6.56.29 PM.png Screen shot 2014-12-16 at 6.57.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 1.17.22 PM.png untitled.jpg untitled2.jpg untitled1.jpg

Next a look at the work that is continuing on the Wellington cockpit. The details are certainly starting to show how nice it will look once you get a chance to take to the skies in her

Panl_0.jpg Wpit_38.jpg Wpit_39.jpg Wpit_40.jpg Wpit_41.jpg

And just a quick image of the high def. glim lamp

Glim HP.jpg

Now, hand on heart, there are 3D model images I would love to add here but after conversations with the leadership it's been decided that we should hold off a little longer until we are ready to announce the new theatre. Honestly behind the scenes even TF members were buzzing with excitement at the new aircraft (yes 'new') and the model is looking truly stunning.

Another of the aircraft in Cliffs already has had a cockpit donated by a community member and the polygon count was vast. This is steadily being reduced to allow it to be included but once in it will be another great aircraft for players to enjoy

Similarly there are a lot of 3D models that are and have been created for the new theatre, but I/we can't show these in any updates until we are ready to announce it, but it will be worth the wait when we announce it as we'll have a lot of work to show-off

Work is continuing on the British Landscape and the new theatre landscape/textures/details. The new theatre is currently having original WW2 maps overlaid on it and the details added as accurately as possible. Again, once we are ready to announce the theatre this detail will be shown in screenshot WiP and you'll see just how intensive it is.

Other work continues while some is on hold while our members deal with real-life work and hone-life. We are dedicated to getting v5.00 out but there just isn't a timescale we can offer you yet, we have lots of work to go into it, lots completed, lots WiP and some needing help but we will get there, so keep the faith!

As always, here is the bugtracker information compiled and supplied by Artist:

From the Team Fusion Bugtracker

The bugtracker (http://tfbt.nuvturais.de/projects/il2clodtf) keeps accumulating data: Since the last published update on December, 12th, 26 new users brought the total up to 827 registered users of which 94 have been active since then. We currently have 165 open issues (113 bugs and 52 feature requests). 2 have already been resolved with patch 4.312 and 17 are currently in progress to be fixed or implemented.

23 new issues have been raised since the last update, among them are (no judgment implied):
    • Reported Bug #729: "RAF Gravesend runway too long for 1940 + improvements" (New)
    • Reported Bug #726: "Spline Roads Textures" (New)
    • Reported Bug #724: "He-111 H-2/P-2: incorrect instalation of motor pump" (New)
    • Reported Bug #722: "Ju 88 A-1: "Kursgeberrose" and "Kursrose" of the "Kurszeiger" are erroneous reversed" (New)
    • Reported Bug #718: "Ju-88: Sight cannot be moved to the left and to right" (Feedback)

The issues with the highest (summary) vote currently are:
    • 44: #581: "RAF fighter engines incorrectly start cold in Multiplayer" (New)
    • 37: #614: "Large cloud formations do not appear in replay of track (.TRK) files" (New)
    • 34: #602: "Defensive AI Gunner Skill Levels Set Too High" (New)
    • 32: #610: "Navigational Illumination Functionality: Smudge pots, Glim Lamps" (In Progress)

There are a number of issues set on "Feedback". We kindly ask the authors to respond:
    • #489: "All Static Objects should have a destroyed model
    • #604: "Blenheim: fuel cocks incorrectly labeled
    • #669: "Bf 110: Navigational Lights
    • #670: "Bf 110: Landing Lights
    • #707: "Map near Folkestone
    • #716: "Texture
    • #718: "Ju-88: Sight cannot be moved to the left and to right

We invite all pilots to participate in the bugtracker either by reporting bugs, requesting features, and/or vote on issues. But before you do anything, please read the guidelines and FAQ here: http://tfbt.nuvturais.de/projects/il2clodtf/boards/4
    ===

This will be my final update for a while as I have to step away for 2-3 months to work on my Checkertails Documentary, Part 3, "The Last Voices of the Checkertail Clan" and this is going to by very time consuming. The 325th Fighter Group will be having it's 70th and final ever reunion at Tyndall Airforce base (Florida) in October and I need to prepare narration and video to illustrate the interviews I have captured since 2007 of which 8 veterans no-longer survive.

Currently I am unsure of who will be giving the next update or what it will contain but I do aim to return once I have finished my own work.

This isn't goodbye from me but I'd like to thank the community for understanding my need to take a break while I concentrate on this long-term project I have a personal interest in completing.

Salute, Neil "Mysticpuma" Pugh
    Last edited by Mysticpuma; Feb-13-2015 at 16:05.
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Saipan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

Re: Team Fusion Update - Feb 13th 2015 - A few more bits and pieces

good info thanks, now it will be a good weekend. thanks tf
    ASUS Z370-A, i5 8600k, CM haf-x, EVGA gtx 1660 Ti SC ACX, Antec HC 850, Samsung 120GB SSD , WD Black 1TB, Corsair GSkill 16GB, Creative SB Recon, Creative G500 5.1, ASUS VS248h-P
    Me-110 Black 17 with Hptmn. Hans "AWAC" Warsteiner
    :
    Trust me , I fly a Bf 110 (C2-->C7)

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    345.02 MB

That Wellington cockpit looks FAN-TAS-TIC!!!!

And that new Blennie turret looks like it means business. Very nice.

4. Likes LBR=H.Ostermann, danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    81.6 KB

S!

Nice! Well done guys!

Wellington Cockpit is very beautiful, Blenheim turret are impressive.

Conheça a Luftwaffe Brasil!

http://www.thorin.com.br/forumlbr/index.php

6. Likes danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

TF > everything else available.

Turncoat #1

8. Likes LBR=H.Ostermann, ATAG_yotheguy liked this post
    Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    484.9 KB

Thx for the news and good luck w your project Neil!

PS why be so shy about the new theatre? Everyone knows it is NEW GUINEA...

H

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    139.65 MB

Nicely done everyone! Hope I can be of some help with my (______) model

11. Likes ATAG_Flare liked this post
    Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

Thanks for the brilliant update MP old chap!

I hope your project goes well.

Septic.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Well, WOW! I am so glad that I'll finally get some decent defense for in a Blennie. Going to make my sneak attacks a lot easier. The Wellington looks very nice and I can't wait to bomb the Germans with it.

Hopefully I'll be in the skies tonight. I don't have too much homework for this weekend and I'm already ahead a good amount so it'll be fun to fly after not be able to fly.

For the new aircraft that wasn't shown, I have a few suspicions on it. My current primary guess would have to be the Martlet (F4F Wildcat). But I will take what ever Team Fusion brings. I am so thankful for them continuing the dream. I remember one day, long ago back when IL-2 Cliffs of Dover was released, I was talking with Bliss and we were talking about the potential of this simulator. Thank you for making the dream become reality and hopefully sometime soon, I can be a part of you guys. Thank you.

Cheers,
    Eagle

14. Likes ♣_Spiritus_♣, danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Stunning Wellington cockpit!

Thanks for the update!

16. Likes danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.93 MB

Good show Puma and TF.

This will be my final update for a while as I have to step away for 2-3 months to work on my Checkertails Documentary, Part 3, "The Last Voices of the Checkertail Clan" and this is going to by very time consuming. The 325th Fighter Group will be having it's 70th and final ever reunion at Tyndall Airforce base (Florida) in October and I need to prepare narration and video to illustrate the interviews I have captured since 2007 of which 8 veterans no-longer survive.
    Is this open to anyone to attend or is it by invitation only? I might be interested in attending if the wife is up to it. And if there's anything I can do to help you with your project on the Checkered Tails, let me know.

Chief
    SERVING THE ROF AND BOS COMMUNITY

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth_Eagle View Post
    For the new aircraft that wasn't shown, I have a few suspicions on it. My current primary guess would have to be the Martlet (F4F Wildcat).
    No, that is not the aircraft MP is mentioning... although we are also not ruling out the Wildcat/Martlet as a future type. (not TF 5.0)

19. Likes ATAG_yotheguy, 71st_AH_Eagle liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Sounding great MP, thanks for the update and best of luck in your break!
    Don B

EVGA X79 Dark MB | Intel I-7 4820K@4.50 ghz | Corsair H100i Cooling System | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Mhz ram | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW|2 ea Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD's |NZXT Phantom 820 Case | TM Warthog w/ 7.5cm Ext by Sajah|MFG Crosswinds Pedals|Oculus Rift|Windows 10 64 Bit |

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    No, that is not the aircraft MP is mentioning... although we are also not ruling out the Wildcat/Martlet as a future type. (not TF 5.0)
    Aww. So close yet so far. I'll figure it out. One question: Is it a brand new aircraft that is not in the game or is it a new variant?

Cheers,
    Eagle

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

New build, not a variant.

Chief, anyone can attend but there will be an itinerary. Best join the 325th Checkertails on FB for all the news.

At most we may get 5-6 veterans if lucky
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    New build, not a variant.
    I shall figure it out before official news is relased. Anyways, good luck with the Checkertails movie (I think). If you need any help, I can try to help if you want.

Cheers,
    Eagle

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.77 MB

Thanks MP for the excellent update and thanks to all at TF for their on-going hard work

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Thank you for the update Neil. i will be waiting eagerly for the "Checkertails part III". Saw the others and i for me it was a stellar job. I dont expect anyhthing less from the next one. And im sure you are going to deliver since its done with passion and the utmost respect.

S! We will wait for your return!

Student Pilot 71st_AH_Gamecock (XR-G)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Black034 View Post
    TF > everything else available.

+1

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    142.80 MB

Nice work TF the Wellington cockpit already looks amazing!
    Do you guys intend to introduce some later versions of the bf 110 also?
    Intel Core I9 9900kf, 32 GB DDR4 HyperX Predator @ 3200MHz, 2x Asus GTX 1080TI OC Strix, Asus WS Z390 PRO;
    Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 500GB & 2x Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB SSDs, Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB HDD;
    27 inches Dell U2713HM 2560x1440;
    Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog with Sahaj 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind V2, Logitech G13, Track-IR 5, Wheelstand Pro;
    Windows Seven x64

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    142.80 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Some Italian plane to go with the new theater?
    Intel Core I9 9900kf, 32 GB DDR4 HyperX Predator @ 3200MHz, 2x Asus GTX 1080TI OC Strix, Asus WS Z390 PRO;
    Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 500GB & 2x Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB SSDs, Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB HDD;
    Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog with Sahaj 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind V2, Logitech G13, Track-IR 5, Wheelstand Pro;
    Windows Seven x64

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    345.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ElGringo View Post
    Some Italian plane to go with the new theater?
    Nah, the Axis already has the Ju-88, Ju-87, He-111, Br.20, G-50, Bf.109, Bf.110... while the Allies have the Hurricane, Spitfire, Tiger Moth and the Blenheim. It's about bloody time the RAF gets some love.

30. Likes ATAG_Flare liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    142.80 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_Owl View Post
    Nah, the Axis already has the Ju-88, Ju-87, He-111, Br.20, G-50, Bf.109, Bf.110... while the Allies have the Hurricane, Spitfire, Tiger Moth and the Blenheim. It's about bloody time the RAF gets some love.
    You already can add Beaufighter and Wellington to that. I think you will get enough love next patch so leave us some...

Also if we assume the next theater is indeed Malta, I don' t see what they could add to the red side. But some more Italian aircrafts would be mandatory.
    Last edited by ElGringo; Feb-14-2015 at 02:27.
    Windows Seven x64

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

WOW!!...............now that is a fantastic update,the Wellington cockpit is truly superb,really excellent work there Team Fusion,I'm currently floating somewhere around the ceiling .........thank you guys,with that sort of update,we'll be keeping the faith for sure
    Last edited by Meaks; Feb-14-2015 at 04:16.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_Owl View Post
    Chuck's right,the RAF is very poorly supported,.....and with all respect,the 'Tiger Moth' it is very nice,but about as about as much use as a chocolate tea pot,you can't class it as a fighter,or any asset to the red side of things at all.

I was always surprised that the original developers spent so much time on an Italian bomber ie,the Br.20 which only had a couple of outings during the BoB,when they themselves,had a truly iconic RAF bomber in the Wellington,left out in the cold!.......pure madness

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

There will be lots of German love...

We have already announced the 109E-7 and 109F.

Who knows... might be others too.

35. Likes ElGringo liked this post
    Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    196.73 MB

Thanks for another great update,

More mystery and questions generated each time a snippet is released. This next patch is looking bigger than I think anyone could have imagined. Amazing work and good luck with TF's progress.

MP, all the best with your project, we look forward to your return.

you guys really are "the business!"

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

If it is not the Gladiator that was mentioned in an earlier update then my money is on a P40 or Macchi 200/202
    56sqn US@R - Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com/

Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) > AMD Athlon II X4 605e @ 2300MHz
    16Gb RAM > Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 1050Ti

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Roblex View Post
    If it is not the Gladiator that was mentioned in an earlier update then my money is on a P40 or Macchi 200/202
    It isn't the Gladiator. It's a brand new model and an aircraft that hasn't previously been in the game before according to Mysticpuma a few posts up. So I think it would probably be one of those two as well after I did some digging yesterday. I'd personally love the Macchi 202 but I'm willing to bet that it is more likely the P40 with the clues that have been dropped and makes sense to give another the British another fighter.

So list of possibilities for TF 5.0 thus far: Gladiator, Cr 42, Beaufighter, Wellington, new variants of BF-109, hurricane and spitfire, plus this mysterious aircraft. Looking like a great lineup.

Cheers,
    Eagle
    Last edited by 71st_AH_Eagle; Feb-14-2015 at 10:30.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

It's been a while since I played this game. I'm back to playing it again this weekend and the next. Kudos to you guys for making an update. Thanks a lot!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast