Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Fusion 5.0

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.56 GB

Team Fusion 5.0

So this is more or less on the cards?
    How can this fantastic game be made any better?

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    754 Bytes

Re: Team Fusion 5.0

with more messerschmitts
    remember kids, they're evil. they're the baddies. never let them forget

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BenQuinn View Post
    How can this fantastic game be made any better?
    Some think is not good enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Fortunately Team Fusion and it's knowledgeable vacationers ^ know better
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.63 MB

TF 5.00 Xm Xm Xm that's a very good idea... well I am waiting for...(date and link)...

6. Likes ATAG_Lewis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

I don't understand how anyone can deem this sim 'Not good enough'....It now ticks all the boxes for me...Its potential was recognised immediately by some of us and were prepared to give it the chance that it needed to become what it is today...I can't thank that little bunch of boffins enough who also recognised the potential and who had the know how, time and ultimate commitment to move it to the level it is today...for without them we would probably still be flying IL2 1946 or not at all...~S~
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

This game is the best there is for WWII combat flight sims "as is" but the potential of it is uncharted, the things that were thought of and attempted are unheard of. I still think CloD is in its infancy.

Thats whats so special about it, the original blueprints and Oleg's dream, this community and the kindness and helpfulness of it, and TF's contributions and additions that allow it all to gel and grow.

Awesome stuff.

On the border of the Eastern and Western Roman Empire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    763 Bytes

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Spiritus_Mortem (US-S SM) View Post
    This game is the best there is for WWII combat flight sims "as is" but the potential of it is uncharted, the things that were thought of and attempted are unheard of. I still think CloD is in its infancy.

Thats whats so special about it, the original blueprints and Oleg's dream, this community and the kindness and helpfulness of it, and TF's contributions and additions that allow it all to gel and grow.

Awesome stuff.

I absolutely and unconditionally agree
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    click here for fixes if you have stutters in Cliffs Of Dover

Veteran Combat pilot 5./JG26_Peete's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hello guys of tf.
    I first went in a pit of the hurri and spifire a few weeks ago. It was feulcock on radiator open en go. . But when I saw a film over the p51 b. With a merlin engine in it. There were much more things to do en set when a merlin is started. The blower to auto for instance.. the carb heating of .. etc.. were are those switches or am I wrong here? I am glad with wat we hafe no hurry guys .. but perfection is what we going for right ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    I don't understand how anyone can deem this sim 'Not good enough'....It now ticks all the boxes for me...Its potential was recognised immediately by some of us and were prepared to give it the chance that it needed to become what it is today...I can't thank that little bunch of boffins enough who also recognised the potential and who had the know how, time and ultimate commitment to move it to the level it is today...for without them we would probably still be flying IL2 1946 or not at all...~S~

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Smile Re: Team Fusion 5.0

+100

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.56 GB

Amen, it's the best I've seen!

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    34.74 MB

I used to play Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, Battlefield etc. I have limited time and although these are very good games I only spend time on this one now. From Vanilla Version to Cassata Royale we have come a long way. The beauty of it - excuse the pun is "The skies the limit." I wish for more too. I wish we had weather like in REX (Real Environment Extreme) however the weather we have is still very good. I hope the ones wanting this and wanting that to the point of perfection are the greatest contributors. I know things are happening and when it seems slow for things to emerge it means they will be great enhancements. There was an advertisement in our country years ago for a cheese company. A few men sit in a waiting room to be interviewed to become a cheesemaker. Nothing seems to happen for hours. Slowly they leave one by one until only two left, a young man and an old man. Anyhow the old man is the owner/hirer and he shakes the young man's hand to congratulate him on getting the job. The slogan being "Good things take time." The other well known slogan is "It won't happen overnight but it will happen."

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Spiritus_Mortem (US-S SM) View Post

Awesome stuff.

I agree with you. The moment I've seen Cliffs of Dover when they revealed it I knew it had massive potential, still have it without a doubt.

Does Team Fusion have the tools and is it possible to do anything the original Oleg's team were doing, and maybe even more?
    I know that creating a whole new cockpit can take 6 months time, but why is that? Is it the research about cockpits, finding real data about them, or is it pure programming/software effort that takes so long? Can you go into detail about the last question?

Thank you,
    5./JG11_Rain
    Last edited by 5./JG11_Rain; Feb-15-2015 at 17:15.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 5./JG11_Rain View Post
    I know that creating a whole new cockpit can take 6 months time, but why is that? Is it the research about cockpits, finding real data about them, or is it pure programming/software effort that takes so long? Can you go into detail about the last question?
    All of the above plus more.
    Everything takes time. The research, the 3D modeling ,the textures, the instruments, the coding, the tests, the "fix what was found wrong in the tests".
    Today's games are not as cheap to produce as years ago for a reason.

Now add to that, what has been said before, TF has a real life with real jobs and little spare time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

^

Colander said it best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Okay, imagine TF is a candle. The wax of our candle is made up of enthusiasm.and passion and that is the fuel we use. The candle is big

Sadly the wick is small.and thin and represents the time we have to work on it in our 'real' lives.

The candle.does burn...but slowly.......but as I said...it's a big candle.....so hopefully it will burn for many years to.come

Cheers, MP
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    49.77 MB

What Programs do you use for 3D modeling?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Ive read one its "Blender"

Veteran Combat pilot 5./JG26_Peete's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

How many guys are in TF. ? 1. ? 2? 3? I have no ideer. ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thank you for your time and your answer.

I have last question concerning new planes for Cliffs of Dover. I have been thinking about this for some time.

There are plenty of indenpendent 3D modellers out there, and they sell their work of art.
    For example this one: http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/...t-model/354126
    Now, don't mind it is an A8, its not suited for BoB era I know, I picked it just for an example.
    This model have 368,306 polygons and 254,149 vertices, and it is animated. The artist used Lightwave 6.0 & 9.2, can that model be exported to Cliffs of Dover?
    To make it compatible for Cliffs of Dover what software the 3D models must be created in, Blender (only?)? How many polygons, lines, details a 3D model must have to be on Cliffs of Dover standard?
    Making something like a donation for new planes, we could volunterily buy a new plane, even a cockpit if we can find one, and export it to Cliffs with all the permissions of the Creator ofcourse. I'm sure there is plenty of us who would do this.

Please feel free to go into detail when you answer if you can,
    Thank you...

All kinds of impressive work can be found, and this is only from 10 minutes on google:
    Bf-109: http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/...d-model/855887
    Lancaster: http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/s-obj/872465#
    https://www.cgstud.io/3d-model/short...1-bomber-27671
    Tiger tank: https://www.cgstud.io/3d-model/tiger-1-tank-42414
    Last edited by 5./JG11_Rain; Feb-16-2015 at 14:23.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    294.72 MB

Rain, I wondered that too. I have 3D modeling experience in Solidworks and some in GMax. In Gmax I would routinely import models in from turbosquid and modify them for use in msf. Is Blender the only cost effective/time/integration option as of right now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Aircraft are insanely complicated in CloD. All or most of the systems are modeled inside the aircraft which most models out there lack. Plus theres a bunch of other issues like poly counts, licenses, etc etc. Often really nice models would take more time to modify for use in CloD then it would to just make your own.

Blender is a free program that some of us use, other platforms are fine like 3ds MAx. Theres probably a couple other but I can't recall them right now.... Blender and 3ds Max are the main things people use I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    294.72 MB

THX, Spiritus. Been interested in your Blender class but I just don't know where the time would come from right now to engage. Please keep up the good work and thanks again.

-Z

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Well if you ever do I can get on TS and show you some stuff with it.

Every time I see your avatar I think Pinkie and the Brain.

27. Likes InvaderZim liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    191.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 5./JG11_Rain View Post
    Thank you for your time and your answer.

I have last question concerning new planes for Cliffs of Dover. I have been thinking about this for some time.

There are plenty of indenpendent 3D modellers out there, and they sell their work of art.
    For example this one: http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/...t-model/354126
    Now, don't mind it is an A8, its not suited for BoB era I know, I picked it just for an example.
    This model have 368,306 polygons and 254,149 vertices, and it is animated. The artist used Lightwave 6.0 & 9.2, can that model be exported to Cliffs of Dover?
    To make it compatible for Cliffs of Dover what software the 3D models must be created in, Blender (only?)? How many polygons, lines, details a 3D model must have to be on Cliffs of Dover standard?
    Making something like a donation for new planes, we could volunterily buy a new plane, even a cockpit if we can find one, and export it to Cliffs with all the permissions of the Creator ofcourse. I'm sure there is plenty of us who would do this.

Please feel free to go into detail when you answer if you can,
    Thank you...

All kinds of impressive work can be found, and this is only from 10 minutes on google:
    Bf-109: http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/...d-model/855887
    Lancaster: http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/s-obj/872465#
    https://www.cgstud.io/3d-model/short...1-bomber-27671
    Tiger tank: https://www.cgstud.io/3d-model/tiger-1-tank-42414
    Thankyou for your thoughts Rain. I'll answer a few of yours & others questions:

What modeling software is used to make models for COD? - 3DMax or Blender. Other software that can export to obj file format.

Purchasing 3D models - It sounds like a good idea at first, until you realise that you can't just import a pre-made model as-is into the game. There would be much work needed to tweek the various parts of the model to get them to a stage that is compatible with the game. This would take a great deal of a TF members time to do. Added to that, any particualr model may not be ideally suited to the new theatre, so taking a TF persons time away from current new aircraft work to work on a donated model might be counter-productive.

Permission of author to use their model - This is a problematic area. A model author may allow their model to be purchased & used for other works, but may object to their model being used by TF since technically speaking TF does not have the rights to the game.

29. Likes ChiefRedCloud liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.0 KB

8.1 users complain.

I have been working on my buddy to come back. There needs to be a big fat warning on this game that if you have an old Win 7 disk its time for dual boot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.56 GB

+100%

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    49.77 MB

I wish I would be adept in 3Ds Max or Blender so that I could contribute.
    I know this is a stupid question, but how is the learning curve with those programs?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

What I would love to see is cooperation with A2A Simulations, where their people could be taught how to augment their models to get them close to Cliffs requirements, sell the add-on compatibility "package" similar to how they do their Accusim module, then have TF integrate the "pre-prepped" models. Cliffs would broaden A2A exposure, the aircraft would tap a large community, and flyers would have Cliffs for the itch and FSX for the R and R. The P-40 would be a good start.

I know, as soon as money changes hands--even if not to TF--folks will understandably get nervous.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast