Thread: And the next mission is?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    14.08 MB

And the next mission is?

Salute,

First let me say that I really appreciate all the hard work and effort everyone involved in running the ATAG server has put in.

But......

I can't be the only one that notices that when certain mission pop up in the rotation that the on-line numbers fall of drastically. I'm just wondering if this is being tracked and if so has any thought been given to eliminating these missions or at least limit their inclusion in the rotation to a lesser degree?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Re: And the next mission is?

Quote Originally Posted by Teetwo View Post
    Salute,

First let me say that I really appreciate all the hard work and effort everyone involved in running the ATAG server has put in.

But......

I can't be the only one that notices that when certain mission pop up in the rotation that the on-line numbers fall of drastically. I'm just wondering if this is being tracked and if so has any thought been given to eliminating these missions or at least limit their inclusion in the rotation to a lesser degree?
    Hi Teetwo,

What mission is the problem and what's wrong with it? Sorry if it has been posted before.

As far as new missions, the majority of the people who do the main server stuff, spend almost all of their free time chipping away at TF 5.0.. I realize that's not the answer you really wanted to hear, but in the long run, it's the best for everyone. Sadly, that means the server is going to get stale and can be repetitive. I don't see much changing in that regard until another TF patch is released.

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I only ask that if possible somebody review the rotation options to make sure each mission has an equal chance of popping up. I think somebody mentioned awhile that some missions had multiple versions so they are more likely to be selected. Sealion seems to be on a disproportionate number of times while maps like Kanalkampf & Dynamo I rarely see. Just my $.02. Thanks as always for hosting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    14.08 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
    Hi Teetwo,

What mission is the problem and what's wrong with it? Sorry if it has been posted before.

As far as new missions, the majority of the people who do the main server stuff, spend almost all of their free time chipping away at TF 5.0.. I realize that's not the answer you really wanted to hear, but in the long run, it's the best for everyone. Sadly, that means the server is going to get stale and can be repetitive. I don't see much changing in that regard until another TF patch is released.
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this but real life keeps me pretty busy.

I don’t have a problem with any particular mission per say but was referring to the popularity of the individual missions with the community at large.

I’ll give an example; one of my favorite missions in the rotation is what I refer to as the Battle of France mission. Sorry I don’t know the actual name but, it’s the one in France down by Abbeville with the river splitting the map and the Germans are limited to the E-1 and E-3 versions of the Bf109. Anyways the server can go from having a channel map up with 70-100 pilots flying to seeing the Battle of France mission show up in the rotation and the pilot numbers drop instantly to 20 or less and never seem to go any higher.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with the mission and as I said one of my favorite missions but none the less not a real popular mission with the community at large from what I can tell and it’s not the only one that seems to cause such drop-offs in pilot numbers.

I’m just wondering if this kind of trend is being tracked and looked at or is it a matter of once a mission is added to the rotation it’s in there for life regardless of its popularity with the community.

I appreciate all the hard work the mission builders put into their missions but not everyone can hit a home run every time. I personally would rather see a high number of pilots flying with fewer missions in the rotation then having a larger variety of missions with fewer pilots flying.