Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

London Ruft V1.4

Please remove this map until it can be fixed
    Problems for the Axis side
    1)The wind is ridiculous.
    2)The spawn points are ridiculous.
    3)aircraft availability (do I need to say it?).

So now let's discuss it.
    1) this wind is so strong I cannot roll across the ground using throttle, rudder, and brakes and keep the aircraft in a straight line without planting a wingtip.
    The takeoff even into the wind has problems with the aircraft trying to crab because of the wind sheer.

2) Spawning points are just plain stupid. Oye Plage has 1 spawn point that is on the field. The rest of the spawn points are off the airfield completely sometimes you spawn in a river, sometimes you spawn upside down, if yu do spawn where you don't die immediately then you may start your engine and explode. If you get the engine started and can see the field as soon as you attempt to taxi to the field then you hit a ditch and explode. Ramsgate the AI and extended vehicles and AAA gun emplacements are in front of the aircraft spawn points. Again the wind here turns you into the aircraft next to you before you can get started. Hawkinge spawn points turn you into the walls of the revetments before you can get started.

3) The aircraft availability has become a nuisance in that the F/Bs are now only in England. The 109s are relegated to smash and grab low level grabbers with deck monkey Spitfire and Hurricane pilots while you're attempting takeoff in hurricane force crosswinds. If you're going to do it this way then turn the AI to terminator death star killing at ranges under 2K.

Please drop the wind speed
    Please make all airframes available at French airfields
    Please fix the spawn points

Thank you.
    JG51_Ogg

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Re: London Ruft V1.4

Patience, my friend. All the issues you have pointed out have been fixed, and a new mission has been sent to admin some time ago. AFAIK Bliss is away at R/L stuff and I'm sure he'll update it as soon as he's able. We're hoping that is soon!

3. Likes ♣_Spiritus_♣ liked this post
    The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by JG51Ogg View Post
    2)The spawn points are ridiculous. JG51_Ogg
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ad.php?t=16277

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks FREYA and MORTEM,
    I was just frustrated.
    >S<

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Thanks Freya and SM.

Ogg - sorry to hear about your frustration. As Freya said an updated version should be available soon. The changes are described in an earlier thread re Ruft.

In the meantime - and I'm sorry if you do this already - do you use chocks? As soon as I spawn in on every map I chock my aircraft to prevent weather vaning in the wind. Once the engines are going I unchock as I begin to taxi.

I know how frustrating spawn in deaths can be. I was on sortie 35+ of the 50 mission challenge all in a 110 and my first death occurred spawning in on my own map (this one). Freya and I have done a bunch of stuff to reduce the likelihood of spawning in deaths but can't guarantee it won't be reduced to zero though.

Again sorry if you know this already - a few other players didn't so I thought I mention it just in case.

Ezzie