Thread: The Kanalkampf

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

The Kanalkampf

The Battle of Britain has just begun, and the Luftwaffe is relentlessly attacking British coastal shipping. Will you sink Britain's vital cargo, or will you defend it?

This mission lets you fly in the following units:

2./KG 55
    3./KG 55
    1./ZG 26
    6./JG 51
    5./StG 2
    No. 66 SQN
    No. 79 SQN

Download and Instructions:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/9g...Kanalkampf.rar

1) Extract 'Kanalkampf.rar' using the appropriate software (WinRaR, etc)
    2) Move the four folders inside ('Icons', 'missions', 'paintschemes', and 'Slides') to Libraries/Documents/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD. Merge them with the folders sharing the same names that you already have, after backing up the original files.
    3) Enjoy, or else.

The skins included in this mission were made with checkmysix's templates: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=190093

Screenshots:

Last edited by Cybermat47; Aug-27-2016 at 01:19.
    Author of the Their Finest Hour, Their Greatest Challenge, Desert Hawks, Eagles over Tobruk, On Ne Passe Pas!, and Rising from the Ashes campaigns for Cliffs of Dover Blitz and Desert Wings - Tobruk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.56 GB

Re: The Kanalkampf

A good mission and I like the skins.
    Well done.
    Ben
    “What General Weygand called the battle of France is over. I expect that the Battle of Britain is about to begin.” – Winston Churchill

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.09 GB

Firstly, thank you Cybermat for creating both Kanalkampf and Another Bloody Day. I am seeking some guidance with the installation and operation of both, because I can only bring up and fly the first operation in each. I have followed the installation instructions to the letter. Could you tell me how to select subsequent missions?

Thank you,

Peter Lynn

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lynn View Post
    Firstly, thank you Cybermat for creating both Kanalkampf and Another Bloody Day. I am seeking some guidance with the installation and operation of both, because I can only bring up and fly the first operation in each. I have followed the installation instructions to the letter. Could you tell me how to select subsequent missions?

Thank you,

Peter Lynn
    Isn't the 'Custom' button at the bottom of the Single Mission selection working for you?
    Author of the Their Finest Hour, Their Greatest Challenge, Desert Hawks, Eagles over Tobruk, On Ne Passe Pas!, and Rising from the Ashes campaigns for Cliffs of Dover Blitz and Desert Wings - Tobruk.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.09 GB

Hi Cybermat,
    Thanks for your reply. It will only load the 1st Stuka Mission. I have tried selecting other aircraft from the Custom button and it selects ok and provides the briefings for the various other types but after clicking on Fly just the Stuka menu comes up and the Stuka Op opens. Hope you can assist,

Thank you

Peter Lynn

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

Hi Cybermat,
    Thanks for your reply. It will only load the 1st Stuka Mission. I have tried selecting other aircraft from the Custom button and it selects ok and provides the briefings for the various other types but after clicking on Fly just the Stuka menu comes up and the Stuka Op opens. Hope you can assist,

Thank you

Peter Lynn
    Are you clicking the little pilot figure at the top of each of the aircraft selections?

Customise button.jpg
    (Click to enlarge)

If you don't click that little guy, then you won't switch to that mission. It's really not spelled out that well by the game, which made it a source of confusion to me at first.

BTW, I'm working on an improved version of the mission, so I'll be sure to include the solution to this problem to prevent it from happening in the future

7. Likes ATAG_Freya liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.09 GB

Eureka! Thank you! Owned this simulator since 2012 and did not know that! Many thanks.

Peter Lynn

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

Eureka! Thank you! Owned this simulator since 2012 and did not know that! Many thanks.

Peter Lynn
    Glad I could be of help

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

Latest and final version uploaded. Link in post #1

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.09 GB

Thanks Cybermat. Really enjoying your work!

Peter Lynn

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

Yes, I said the last update was the last. Yes, I just made another one. Now the British briefings use Imperial measurements rather than metric, and new skins have been included.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

A tiny fix just got uploaded.

Why yes, this is ridiculous!

xvii-Hardegen

Again a very well done job man!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

One final small fix has just been uploaded

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

Mission updated, this time for good. Luftwaffe raids and convoys are larger now.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    419.7 KB

Nice mission, thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

Updated with KuFlGr 106 base at Cherbourg, and to remove clutter for my fellow mission builders. See post #1 for d/l link.

19. Likes Dauntless liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.42 GB

I have no paint schemes folder in my down load!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Dauntless View Post
    I have no paint schemes folder in my down load!
    Thanks for letting me know, I'll fix it up ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

Fixed, hope you enjoy

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

Updated with more detail at Hawkinge and fixed briefings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

Updated with more accurate callsigns.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

Updated with more accurate Stuka altitudes - now they fly at 4000 metres.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    124.08 MB

I would love to play these but can't get them installed properly. Instructions seem simple.

The Steam update problems caused me to place my CloD game files and launcher in a new location on my hard drive called Cliffs of Dover -TF 4.312

Could this be causing my problem?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    124.08 MB

I'm not sure where Icons, Skins and Paint Schemes belong. Somewhere in the Docs file? Thanks.

The missions seem to work with just the Briefing and Missions filed in the Docs file.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Lafitte View Post
    I'm not sure where Icons, Skins and Paint Schemes belong. Somewhere in the Docs file? Thanks.

The missions seem to work with just the Briefing and Missions filed in the Docs file.
    When you extract the folder, just drop everything in the docs folder and merge the folders

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

Updated the AI's settings. They should aim better and fight for longer now.