Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Update

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Update

That strange as 1080 easy for 4K. I know 3 have 4K with 980 or 980ti and smooth all way unless cpu demand too much. May be young driver and next driver will cure stutter. Very cpu reliant but doubt that is problem.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Moscow...er...almost....

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Too long for me to watch. Was it Moscow limit and turnaround? Old news realy.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post

Too long for me to watch.
    Oh dear. Is this a medical condition or a personality trait?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Arthursmedley View Post
    Oh dear. Is this a medical condition or a personality trait?
    Experience

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    376.42 MB

I think I just made a little wet spot.
    Last edited by ATAG_((dB)); Jul-23-2016 at 11:55.
    It takes an airplane to bring out the worst in a pilot.
    ((dB)) youTube Channel

8. Likes BOO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_((dB)) View Post
    I think I just made a little wet spot.
    I just crapped my self!
    " any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts," Winston Churchill
    " He who never changes his mind, never changes anything,"
    Win 10 64||MSI MPG gaming z690 ddr4||i9x149000k|ddr4-64gb PC3200||RTX 4070-Ti||GAMEMAX 1300W PSUatx3,pcie5 |Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 7.1||ViRpiL,T50v2cm|moded MFG Crosswinds||T50Mth||G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseTorque10|| Reverb G2 VR / PiMax 8Kx
    32 Samsung|||

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

As I understand it DX12 is the best thing for VR, is there a barrier to reach DX 12 ? Not Trolling , I just curious why not go for newest version if one will upgrade

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by LuseKofte View Post
    As I understand it DX12 is the best thing for VR, is there a barrier to reach DX 12 ? Not Trolling , I just curious why not go for newest version if one will upgrade

Think DX12 windows 10 only so maybe not fit most players.

12. Likes LuseKofte, Mastiff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Update #129

Hello!

While Summer is at its peak, our team continues the work on improving IL-2 Sturmovik. Battle of Moscow will be released on Steam in a couple of weeks, so we're changing the way the content is represented. Among the other changes there is one we think you'll especially like - in the coming version 2.003 you'll be able to connect to a multiplayer server even if you don't own the map it uses. In addition, you'll be able to pilot the planes from Battle of Moscow in Battle of Stalingrad campaign if you own both theatres and these planes saw action there historically. For example, you can use MiG-3 and I-16 in Stalingrad campaign and a couple of Battle of Stalingrad planes in Battle of Moscow campaign.

Gunfire sound effects are overhauled, they became more 'alive' and realistic. We also finish polishing the campaign for now - in later versions we'll be extending it, adding new mission types and scenario missions. Several performance improvements will be included in 2.003 as well.

By the way, we're working on new aircraft and features we'll tell you about a bit later. Here are a few WIP screenshots for now:

yak1bv.jpg yak1bv2.jpg ju52v1.jpg ju52v12.jpg

https://youtu.be/7uvZNdu5fKs
    " any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts," Winston Churchill
    Win 10 64||MSI MPG gaming z690 ddr4||i9x149000k|ddr4-64gb PC3200||RTX 4070-Ti||GAMEMAX 1300W PSUatx3,pcie5 |Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 7.1||ViRpiL,T50v2cm|moded MFG Crosswinds||T50Mth||G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseTorque10|| Reverb G2 VR / PiMax 8Kx
    32 Samsung|||

14. Likes LuseKofte liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Honestly this is what will take BOS to the next level. DCS running DX 11 is truly impressive, not just visually but how well it runs while looking so good. BOS running DX 11 is great news, I am looking forward to it!

JD
    AKA_MattE

16. Likes LuseKofte, invictus84 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Good update

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/...62#entry375962

Unlocks unlocked and more

18. Likes Mastiff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

And today all unlocks unlocked for all people. Cheaters being kicked too.

A good way to go I think and new maps. Wondering new theatre. I hope Mediterranean or pAcific.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Update #130

Dear Pilots,

Today we announce that (all ready unlocked) we will unlock all modifications (weapons, equipment, skins) for all planes if you own either the Standard Edition or Premium Edition of BOS or BOM. The Starter Edition, primarily sold in Russia, will not be changed. Unlocking all modifications is the first step in a new direction (or old direction depending on your point of view) for our beloved IL-2 Sturmovik series. More interesting details will follow soon after we finalize our development plan. We value our customers and we have listened closely to your wishes and dreams since the initial release of BOS. We hope to make flying Sturmovik an even more enjoyable experience for you in the coming months and years! The team is as dedicated as ever to this genre and we pray you will continue to support our efforts moving forward as you have in the past.

On a different note, sadly, today we are also forced to take action with regards to players using cheat tools. It is unfortunate, but necessary we take action. As we have previously warned, if we detect any player using such cheating tools, we will ban them from IL-2. We have been carefully monitoring usage of such tools since June 10th and some continue to cheat. The overall number of cheaters is very small in relation to our total players, but some violations have still occurred after our previous warning. So, we are banning these players from accessing IL-2 for a period of two (2) weeks beginning today. We have a zero tolerance policy on cheating. If these users continue to cheat, the bans will become more severe and possible permanent bans will be implemented.

We are committed to Fair Play for all and cheating has no place in IL-2. Only practice and daring can make you a true ace in the virtual skies!

One final note, we will now be encrypting all un-activated key-codes, including Gift codes, for BOS and BOM sold through the official Store. You can still send Gifts to your friends, but they must go to a valid user account where they can be activated safely and securely.

We must also reiterate that BOS/BOM key-codes or user accounts sold on any other website OUSTIDE of the official IL-2 website, Steam, Gamersgate.com, Muve.Softclub.ru or Softclub.ru have likely been acquired by using stolen credit card data. Such stolen keys will eventually be discovered by us and de-activated. Like cheaters, we do not tolerate fraud and theft and we will not re-activate accounts using stolen key-codes even if that user believes he or she bought a key from a legit retailer. If you are uncertain about a specific retailer, please ask us to verify their legitimacy. And Steam keys found on any discount website for BOS and BOM are also likely fraud connected keys. Do not buy them no matter what the price may be. Credit card fraud hurts everyone in the genre by robbing developers of needed funds to continue working. Please only buy keys from official, legitimate sources.

So enough with the serious news! Here are some pics of the WIP Odessa map, Ju-52 and Yak-1b coming soon to Sturmovik! Looking very good!

Yak-1b

yakib1.jpg yakib12.jpg

yakib123.jpg yakib1234.jpg

Ju-52 Gunner Position

ju52gunner.jpg ju52gunner1.jpg

Odessa Map

mapodesa.jpg mapodesa1.jpg

mapodesa12.jpg mapodesa123.jpg

Get airborne this weekend everyone!

The IL-2 Team

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/...iary/?p=378896

You can discuss the news in this thread
    Last edited by Mastiff; Aug-19-2016 at 10:22. Reason: dfd fd fds
    32 Samsung|||

21. Likes LuseKofte liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

IL-2 Sturmovik: new generation
    By buying the game here, you’re making sure that 100% of your investment go to the IL-2 development team. Thank you!

Guys,

The Yak-1b and Ju-52 will be on sale soon as pre-orders. Probably this week. Please try to support these new collector planes with a purchase.

You will be getting the standard Ju-52 with gun turret on spine. No floats. Cargo drops or paratroopers have to be built during main development phase, but we want to do it. We haven't worked out those exact details yet.

We're not doing the unlock thing any more so all mods for the Yak-1b will be included and available of there are any. I'm not that familiar with the Yak-1b. Not sure what's included as far as mods.

You can buy in our store and transfer to Steam later.

Release date is later in the Fall. Still a couple months out.

There will be a discount for pre-orders of these planes

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/...sion/?p=380087

http://il2sturmovik.com/store/
    32 Samsung|||

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

announcement collector planes

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/...rder/?p=380744

Dear Pilots!

Today I have the pleasure of announcing the opening of Pre-Orders for the Ju-52 and Yak-1b Collector Planes! They can be ordered in the Official Store.

Ju-52_Button_S.jpg Yak-1b_Button_S.jpg

The Ju-52 is the unique tri-motor cargo plane workhorse of the Luftwaffe which served on all fronts during the war, especially on the Eastern Front delivering cargo and personnel under very dangerous conditions. At Stalingrad it ran the gauntlet the help to evacuate men and materiel from the German 6th Army’s ever collapsing pocket.

Ju-52_Profile.png

The Yak-1b is the pinnacle of the Yak-1 family of fighters and was an important part in the Soviet war effort. The Yak-1b or Yak-1 Series 127 as it was officially known helped edge the VVS closer to parity with the Luftwaffe in terms of performance and paved the way for even deadlier Soviet designs to come.

Yak-1b_Profile.png

For a limited time, when you place a Pre-Order for either of these Collector Planes you will receive a price discount and a unique skin. And per our new policy ALL modifications and official skins are included and available as soon as it hits your hangar.
    The release date for these two beautiful warbirds will be in Q4. Support the war effort and reserve yours today!

You can discuss these Collector Planes in this thread.

The IL-2 Sturmovik Team

http://il2sturmovik.com/store/collector-planes/
    32 Samsung|||

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Update 131

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/...iary/?p=383394

Posted Today, 04:07

Hello Everybody!

At this moment the Battle of Moscow project is finished and the Yak-1b and Ju-52 are in the works. Thanks to our community we have plenty of skins to choose nine (9) official ones from. We have also started a preliminary work on the next project and its theatre of war - we're systematically collecting historical and engineering data on new aircraft, ground vehicles and the landscape. We'll be able to tell you about the new project soon.

But today we'd like to summarize for you what work has been done during this very summer. In the beginning of 2016, in January, we published a list of physics model changes and improvements we wanted to complete during this year. The list was long, but most of it is already done and many additional improvements were introduced. Take a look. We think the list is impressive and worthy to note that we continue to strive to make a great simulation product.

Physical Model and systems fine Tuning

1. MC.202 series VIII flaps are now forced back by air stream at high speeds, which should prevent their damage;
    2. Engines with glow plugs stop faster when turned off;
    3. Pe-2 brakes effectiveness corrected (reduced), this should make landings easier;
    4. Bf 109 F-2 radiator functioning in manual mode was corrected: it opens fully, but slower.
    5. Engine thermal model and thermostat corrected for all Bf-109 planes. Engine temperature maintained by thermostat and radiator effectiveness in relation to a degree of its opening and air conditions correspond to reference data better.
    6. MiG-3 cooling system has been corrected: now it requires opening its radiator to degrees similar to other Soviet aircraft, but at higher altitudes (since its power output maxes out at higher altitudes);
    7. Flaps release kinematic link calculations corrected on Yak-1, both IL-2 variants and MiG-3 (they are more stable when fully retracted);
    8. Yak-1 tail wheel rotation limited to +- 90 degrees when unlocked;
    9. Fw-190 A-3 aerodynamic characteristics corrected to meet the now available data (in short, its fineness ratio was reduced a little while its climb rate at high altitudes increased somewhat);
    10. Fineness ratios of all planes were re-checked with their flaps extended. Fineness ratio was decreased for LaGG-3 series 29, La-5 series 8, Yak-1 series 69, IL-2 (both) and P-40E-1. Other planes fineness ratios were found to be correct;
    11. Critical speed (when rudder and ailerons start to shake) decreased for all Bf-109 modifications (based on German test report and several pilot memoirs);
    12. Additional armor plates and armored windshield mass is correctly added to Bf 109 E-7;
    13. MG FF mass is correctly added to He-111 H-6;
    14. Air drag caused by MC.202 bombs corrected (decreased);
    15. Air drag caused by Bf 110 E-2 bomb holder corrected (increased);
    16. He-111 H-6 elevator trimmer handle now stops at the same time when techno chat shows 100%;
    17. He-111 H-6 elevator trimmer handle animation corrected (it was inverted);
    18. Ju-87 engine RPM won't 'stutter' at maximum throttle;
    19. A glitch that caused Pe-2 to move with retracted landing gear removed;

Aircraft Effects Changes

20. Smoke, tracers and exhausts are now affected by wind;
    21. Cockpit camera shake effect corrected, it is influenced by engine RPM;
    22. FFB effects corrected for MiG-3;
    23. Different flight speed won't affect FFB gunfire effects power on P-40;
    24. Missing left wheel brake sound added to Pe-2 and He-111 planes.
    25. Impact sound can be heard during emergency landing;
    26. You won't hear the wheels rolling sound during emergency landing on water or ground anymore;
    27. An issue of asynchronous power during engine start fixed for twin engine aircraft;

Aircraft Equipment Changes

28. IL-2 sight can be moved back and forth using LAlt-F command;
    29. Rocket launch button added to both Pe-2 planes;
    30. He-111 bombsight has gyroscopic stabilization effective at small roll angles as it should.
    31. You can turn the bombsight left and right in View mode;
    32. Bomb sight mode won't reset after leaving and re-enabling it anymore;
    33. Back view angle increased for Pe-2 bomb sight in View mode;
    34. Bomb sight view won't 'wave' while passing the zero mark;
    35. I-16 PAK-1 gunsight corrected (outer ring changed to 0.140 of distance);
    36. MC.202 gunsight corrected (dots position);
    37. MC.202 gunsight damage corrected;
    38. AN-4 compass on Pe-2 bombers is now illuminated;
    39. Breathing systems corrected on all Soviet aircraft (altitude indicator);
    40. Coolant indicator 3D model corrected for all Bf 109 planes;
    41. Fuel switches animation corrected;
    42. 'Inverted' canopy opening sound corrected on LaGG-3, La-5 and IL-2;
    43. Radiator control buttons corrected on Ju-87, both Pe-2 and MC.202;

Aircraft Armament Changes

44. It is impossible to fire guns when powered off on aircraft equipped with electric triggers;
    45. All non-blowback action turret weapons can be reloaded even if there is no misfire and magazine isn't empty;
    46. Twin turret machine guns are now reloaded one after another (not simultaneously);
    47. German bomb detonators now function correctly when dropped from extremely low (5-10 m) altitudes;
    48. Tracer rounds removed from ShVAK autocannons for Battle of Moscow timeframe planes because they were produced later in 1942;
    49. Turret weapons cooling rate during flight corrected;
    50. Armor penetration of German 7,92 rounds corrected (slightly reduced at closer distances);
    51. Chance of ricochet of aircraft HE rounds removed;
    52. An error in automatic bombsight mode that caused He-111 and Ju-88 to drop bombs a bit later that needed has been fixed;

Damage Model Changes

53. Chance of ammo detonation after ammo racks hit increased for all aircraft;
    54. Instrument light can be damaged;
    55. Broken instruments in a cockpit show the last value instead of 0;
    56. Armored pilot seats now protect from explosion fragments in addition to projectiles;
    57. Drifting on rough ground is likely to break the landing gear;
    58. Cockpit canopy moves according to physics laws (it can close during dive on IL-2 or La-5 and LaGG-3, it may be impossible to open it at high speeds, etc.);
    59. Fuel tank rear armor increased by 1.5 mm for both IL-2;
    60. La-5 engine damage time at high temperature corrected;
    61. Flaps can be jammed at high speeds on Fw-190;
    62. Armor protection on Fw-190 is removed correctly after ditching the canopy;
    63. A lost canopy won't erroneously block the ability to bail out;
    64. Bf-109 E-7, He 111 H-6, Pе-2 ser.35 and ser.87 damage models corrected (wrong parts were flying off when damaged);
    65. MiG-3 elevator trimmer won't work if the right side of the elevator is lost (where trim tab is located).
    66. AI pilots will be more careful not to break their engines;

Flight Assist Changes

67. RPM limiter (helper) on MiG-3 won't wrongly set the throttle to low values at low air temperature anymore;
    68. RPM limiter assist corrected; it reduces RPM if engine can be damaged by a high temperature;
    69. Overheat warning message appearance corrected for all aircraft;
    70. You don't need to issue manual radiator mode command twice for automatic radiators (radiator assist turns off simultaneously with turning manual radiators mode on);
    71. P-40 engine assistant fixed (it won't break the engine at high altitudes);
    72. P-40 engine assistant changed, now it allows to reach the maximum allowed power;
    73. Pe-2 engine throttle levers won't shake when engine assist is engaged;
    74. Engine start procedure updated - control axes remain in correct position after it;

Other changes and additions

75. Rudder/pedals reset command added (key D by default);
    76. Cockpit canopy moves according to physics laws (it can close during dive on IL-2 or La-5 and LaGG-3, it may be impossible to open it at high speeds, etc.);
    77. A rare problem that caused the plane to be invisible in multiplayer fixed;
    78. A rare problem that caused the bombs or turrets to float next to their aircraft fixed;
    79. A turret won't be left in the air after aircraft explosion in multiplayer (a rare issue);

Changes we're testing now (they are likely to be included in 2.004 update)

80. REVI-12 display reticle corrected (its angular size increased by 12%);
    81. Lift force loss and drag increase of a remaining wing after fragmentation of a wing corrected;
    82. First optimization task completed: AI controlled aircraft on the ground can be doubled;
    83. 'Jumpy landing gear' issue fixed thanks to improved shock strut model;
    84. Bumpiness of concrete runways and taxiways reduced;
    85. He-111 won't rotate after an emergency landing;
    86. Powered temperature gauges won't work when engine is off;
    87. Engine heat model corrected for Ju-87;
    88. Oxygen deprivation model corrected (its effects are felt at higher altitudes than before);
    89. German breathing devices are engaged at higher altitudes (by German flight manuals);
    90. Pe-2 fuel gauge is backlit now;
    91. La-5 cylinder head temperature gauge is backlit as well;
    92. Pe-2 trimmer neutral position indicators work now;
    93. Bf 109 E-7 mass correctly decreases with ammo spending;
    94. New technochat message added telling pilot that an engine is deselected.

In the meantime, the work continues. One of our main goals at this stage of development is a significant increase in an amount of AI controlled aircraft acting simultaneously without a noticeable decrease in modeling quality, keeping realistic aircraft characteristics. The idea is to keep the physics modeling accuracy of an AI controlled plane the same as player controlled plane has and optimize only those modules which impact is only noticeable when you pilot a plane yourself. A significant chunk of time of our lead flight physics specialist and the author of our flight model, Andrey Solomykin, is dedicated to this task. We're optimistic since the early results are good.

It is known that one of the physics bottlenecks in terms of the required CPU power was an aircraft behavior on the ground so this was a natural first stop of Andrey's journey to improved performance. And he passed it with flying colors - at this moment we're able to double the amount of AI planes on the ground keeping the same level of performance - simply staying on the ground, taxiing, performing a takeoff or landing. This change will be included in 2.004 update. In addition, as it always happens with a large scale research, this task yielded unforeseen results. By completing it we were able to solve the 'jumpy landing gear' issue.

Earlier we stated that implementing additional landing gear dampening is not possible within the confines of the current landing gear model which was already at its computational stability limit. Increasing the sampling rate even more to raise this limit made the performance impact in the 'aircraft on the ground' case unacceptable. But now, with this optimization completed, the landing gear modeling was improved and it gives more accurate results which are comparable to real landing gear testbed data even at a reduced sampling rate compared to the old one. So the 'jumpy planes' issue will be addressed in 2.004 as well. Aircraft behavior on the ground, which was already the most accurate among ALL existing flight simulators, will become even more true to life. It should be noted that thorough research of documentation revealed that Soviet shock struts were designed for much greater load. This is why Soviet aircraft were much more 'jumpy' than German ones in reality. We even found an interesting phrase in Soviet documentation from 1948 mentioning that some pre-war and war landing gear designs, in which shock struts of a stationary aircraft should have been completely extended, were wrong. You'll be able to feel the difference between Soviet and German landing gear designs in the 2.004 update. Some of the effects are visible in this short video:

To summarize today’s dev diary, as you can see, we don't simply add new content (theatres of war, aircraft, ground objects, etc.) but we're always working to improve the project’s core, be it simulation, rendering or other key components. We hope that all this hard work will allow us to keep the title of the best, most realistic WWII combat flight-sim.

https://youtu.be/CMILz8dgyP8
    32 Samsung|||

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/...plan/?p=385578

Posted Today, 07:14
    Dear Friends,

It is my honor and pleasure to announce our current and future plans for the modern IL-2 Sturmovik Series. As you know we have released Battle of Stalingrad and Battle of Moscow and now we are ready to announce - THE BATTLE OF KUBAN! In addition to creating the Battle of Kuban we will be adding several new technologies, gameplay modes and community centered features to the Sturmovik series that will setup future titles based in the Pacific theater. We see the further development of the Sturmovik series as a marathon and not a sprint. We hope you will continue to support us and cheer us on the entire way as we make, what we consider to be, our shared vision a reality. More on our bigger vision further below.

To produce Battle of Kuban we have adopted a sixteen (16) month development plan that will culminate with its final release in December 2017. The plan is packed with new features, improvements, changes and new content. Battle of Kuban (BOK) will be available for Pre-Order in the coming weeks with a discounted price for early purchasers. An early-access program will also be available for pre-order purchasers as we have done in the past. You will not have to wait long to start experiencing new content and further improvements to the Sturmovik universe.

The Battle of Kuban provides a unique opportunity for us as a development team and for you as a customer. The Kuban theater offers some beautiful and varied scenery and interesting aircraft including Western Lend-Lease designs that played an important role not only the Kuban area, but all across the Eastern Front. The Kuban also helps the development team by providing an ocean environment for larger ships and other watercraft to do battle which will help prepare us for our eventual move to the Pacific theater.

BOK_Cover_EN.jpg

Planned to be Included in Battle of Kuban:

Flyable Aircraft and Content:
    - Bf-109 G-4
    - Fw-190 A-5
    - Bf-110 G-2
    - He-111 H-16
    - Yak-7b
    - P-39L-1
    - IL-2 mod.43 UBT
    - A-20B
    - Hs-129 B-2 (Collector)
    - Spitfire Mk.VВ (Collector)
    - Kuban map 300x400km (Seaport, Towns, Mountains, Sea, Prairies, Large Forests, Part of Crimea)
    - Warships (Destroyer, Cargo ships, Submarines, Torpedo boats, Landing Barge)
    - Some New Ground Units

Technology and Features:
    - DX11
    - VR (with existing GUI)
    - New Career for Kuban, Moscow, Stalingrad (ROF-like)
    - Scripted Campaign game mode with first Campaign of 15 missions. Community can add their own scripted Campaigns later.
    - CO-OP Multiplayer Game Mode (ROF-like to start)
    - Air Marshall and Field Marshall modes for MP. (i.e. HQ-ATC-GCI type screen to manage a battle with realistic limited info)
    - In-Game Model-Viewer (tool for skin makers)
    - Mods On/Off Mode (As open as possible including sounds and textures)
    - Support for Tacview
    - Rear View Mirrors
    - Re-vamped Triple Monitor Support
    - External Gauges API for app makers
    - Ability for Players to Import Vehicles and Objects (Like ROF)
    - SDK for Vehicles, Buildings, Boats and other Objects
    - Custom Graphics Settings Options

Other Improvements:
    - As much of Daniel’s DD120 (As time and budgets allow)
    - Adjustable Cloud Heights
    - Flight Model Optimization for AI planes (More AI planes in missions)
    - Planes with larger wheels are less stuck in rough terrain
    - Support for Larger Textures (Assuming tests prove possible)
    - Sound/Graphics FX (Object linked hits and sounds)
    - Sharper Shadows
    - Haze Improvements (Possibly if research results are good)
    - New Tracers (Possibly if research results are good)
    - Oil Leak Texture Layer (Possibly if research results are good)
    - Liquid effects on Canopies (Possibly if research results are good)
    - Torpedoes
    - Key/Axis Mapping Dialog Re-design
    - PWCG custom button in GUI (Similar to ROF)
    - Crew Position Hotkeys
    - HEAT projectile
    - Multiple Bomblets
    - Cavity bursting charge AP projectile
    - TrackIR seen as separate device by game
    - Misfires when gun overheated
    - Blown engine if something going wrong with it
    - Trimmers on axis
    - Cargo Drops and Paratroopers for Ju-52

… and other small improvements, changes and fixes we can fit in to the schedule.

Note: Items above not listed in any particular order or priority and any item listed is tentative provided development goals are reached as planned.

Larger Picture:

Over the next few years we plan to meet four major goals with our engine, technology and products.

1. Build the technology and features the community wants to see in our products and try to re-capture some of the magic that made the original Sturmovik so much fun. We call it the “Spirit of ‘46”.
    2. Continue to use the Eastern Front as the proving ground for our engine, technology and game design for a little while longer. By making Kuban next, we will leave the Eastern Front a well-appointed theater that fans of the Eastern Front can enjoy it for a long time.
    3. Move to the Pacific Theater and build a first-class simulation of Carrier Warfare which dominated that theater.
    4. Develop features, methods and opportunities to increase community involvement in the creation of interesting content and increasing social interactions between players to build a stronger community.

If our plan is successful, our engine and product line will evolve into one of the biggest and best combat sim series ever.

Our long-term vision includes the following battles, but not necessarily in this order and final selection is not concrete.

Battle of Kuban
    Battle of Midway
    Battle of Okinawa
    Battle of ??????

Additional improvements and features are planned for later products. We simply could not fit all possible features, content and changes into one product. And some features and changes have to come before we can build others. It is necessary to take a methodical, responsible approach to how we develop the engine and product further to ensure long-term success. No one wants us to release an unfinished or broken product. To do so would be the end of our team.

We have conducted much internal and external research on where we should go next and thought about the future vison of what you, the combat flight-simmer, wants us to make. It’s not easy to balance the wants and needs of the entire yet diverse combat-sim community with our budgets, deadlines and available resources. However, Battle of Kuban along with its new tech and features is a strong, aggressive step in the direction the community has requested we go. Please remember, the original Sturmovik as well as our earlier title Rise of Flight, was not built in a day, but over several years. However, with your continued help and encouragement we can make this vision a reality and keep the Spirit of ’46 alive!

You can discuss this announcement in this thread and read further comments from Jason that address this plan in even more detail.

See you in the skies and thank you for your continued enthusiasm and support!

The IL-2 Sturmovik Team
    Last edited by Mastiff; Sep-15-2016 at 14:57.
    32 Samsung|||

Supporting Member FightingSteel1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.50 MB

Really great news for CLOD and Team Fusion. This means that BOS isn't going to directly compete with the North African direction, and Cliffs pretty much has the floor on Western Europe, Italy and the Med.

As for BOS, the Pacific is an interesting way to go. Maybe they can do that part of the war justice, but it's going to take a lot of work.

27. Likes Cybermat47 liked this post
    The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

4. Battle of ??????

How about Solomon Islands. Glad to hear an official update mentioning the Pacific. About damn time someone looks at that. I'll definitely be waiting for all those with my money in hand.

29. Likes Akula93 liked this post
    Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Good news,

Im looking forward to Midway

From Midway OOB:
    http://www.navweaps.com/index_oob/OO...WII_Midway.htm

Planty of diferant types of airplanes to have on that one,

B-26B
    B-17D
    B-17E
    F2A-3
    F4F-3
    F4F-4
    PBY-5
    SBD-2
    SBD-3
    SB2U-3
    TBD-1
    TBF-1

A5M4
    A6M2
    B4Y1
    B5N1
    B5N2
    D3A1
    E13A1
    E8N2
    F1M2

wonder what they will chose to make if they go for only 8+2 like till now

EDIT:
    dont think they need to always add same number of airplanes for both sides, my choice would be:
    A6M2-21
    B5N2
    D3A1
    E13A1
    F4F-4
    TBD-1
    SBD-3
    PBY-5A
    +2extra
    F2A-3
    TBF-1

Should be easy to have Coral Sea battle also with same planesets, so its 2 in 1
    i guess 2-3 years till Midway it seams...

Would like to see Battles of the Philippine Sea insted Okinawa, but wont complain mutch if Okinawa is made as posted in update
    Last edited by Akula93; Sep-11-2016 at 07:16.

Veteran Combat pilot No601_Swallow's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by FightingSteel1 View Post
    Really great news for CLOD and Team Fusion. This means that BOS isn't going to directly compete with the North African direction, and Cliffs pretty much has the floor on Western Europe, Italy and the Med.

As for BOS, the Pacific is an interesting way to go. Maybe they can do that part of the war justice, but it's going to take a lot of work.
    I think it's sad to think in terms of competition between CloD and BoS. The two sims are very different and each gives a distinctive "feel" for air combat. Even if they modelled the same planeset and map, both would surely be enjoyable for different reasons, each with strengths and weaknesses. But each fun!

I can't wait for TF to release the Tobruk map. I hope it's great, and that it gives CloD ("ToD"?) fresh impetus and attracts more "gamers" into the sim universe. All of these developments can only be good for our hobby, so I hope nobody is "keeping score", as if both sims really were in competition with each other.

Supporting Member FightingSteel1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.50 MB

I don't think that's an unfair take. There was a lot of speculation over there that North Africa would be their next place. Why would we need two sims going to the same setting? Who wants to hear about which game models the desert better? There are only two all WWII sims in town right now, and it's a benefit for all of us for games to be diverse and model different subjects. The days of multiple different BOB/ETO sims coming out (and all selling) in one year are long over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Little chance for Bo'X" goes Mediterranean, the Russian players have little interest in this theater, they prefer Pacific over this (or Italy, Normandy, etc) - like me, there only N.Africa campaigns looks interesting.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/4...chast-vtoraya/

1CGS need balance between 2 fronts (Russians and Western players).
    Last edited by 1lokos; Sep-09-2016 at 18:48.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Hello everybody!

The work on Battle of Kuban is officially started - the development plan is completed and approved by all team leads. The map of Kuban and three 3D models of the aircraft are already in the works and we are making preparations for the Career mode. Today we'll tell you a bit about this new game mode.

The most important thing is that Career mode is being developed not only for the Battle of Kuban, it will replace the current Moscow and Stalingrad campaigns as well.

In general, Career mode will be similar to Rise of Flight career with some changes. The main difference is that the new Career will be divided into phases according to new theaters of war and each phase will contain several chapters highlighting most important events like in current campaigns. Players will be able to select a phase and a chapter where they would like to start a career. After completing a phase, the career can be continued in another theater of war that is set later historically with the same personage. Each player can have several personages for different sides and different phases.

Unlike in present campaigns, in the Career mode all missions will be tied to the calendar and time of day, happening successively. Your personage will serve in a selected squadron day by day and the outcome of previous missions will influence the next ones. In general, the tour of duty of a squadron will be close to the historical one. You can choose a squadron to serve in depending on a plane you want to fly. In addition, each aircraft and AI pilot in your squadron will be tracked. Pilots can be lost in action and new ones will join the squadron while damaged aircraft will require time to be repaired. All pilots of the squadron, both player and AI ones, will have a personal combat score and receive new ranks based on it.

We can't be 100% sure we'll have the time to implement this, but we want to allow player to begin a career as wingman and become a wing leader and eventually a squadron commander. Squadron commander can plan new missions, correcting a flight path and assigning aircraft and pilots to carry it out.

It will be possible to apply for transfer to another squadron, allowing a personage to change his aircraft and combat role (fighter, ground attack or bomber pilot) in the same career. Another significant change is that there will be historical military awards and ranks.

Please note that we don't simply copy the RoF career. It will be significantly optimized performance wise to make using it a breeze. While the main idea of the campaign comes from RoF, the mission generator will be an improved version of the current IL-2 one, resulting in much more rich environment and diverse combat situations that were possible in Rise of Flight. In addition, the current work of our engineer department on physics optimizations is aimed at increasing the number of aircraft in a mission, so the new Career will feature more intense and rich missions compared not only to RoF, but to the current IL-2 campaigns as well.

This is all we wanted to tell you about the new Career at this point, but there is another matter we'd like to share. In the previous Dev Diary we told you about landing gear modeling improvements that will be published in the next version 2.004. While working on the landing gear further, engineers were able to address a slipping friction modeling situation when a stationary or slowly rotating wheel of a landing aircraft touches the ground at a high speed, resulting in more accurate modeling of two-point landing. Tail-high landing can be performed if you touch the runway accurately, as shown in the video. In addition, an additional lateral friction is applied to a drifting wheel, making an aircraft more stable while taxiing, take off and landing, but also making it prone to roll-over during a strong skid. To summarize, taxiing, takeoff and landing will become somewhat easier and realistic in general, but a mistake during these phases will cause severe consequences. We' re hoping you'll like it.
    Many good news here, good SP and better ground physics

35. Likes Mastiff liked this post
    Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

The next patch is looking great. Any idea when we'll see it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by =FI=Murph View Post
    The next patch is looking great. Any idea when we'll see it?
    this is taking awhile as there revisiting all the aircraft to fix the physics and landing gear issues.

Changes we're testing now (they are likely to be included in 2.004 update)

80. REVI-12 display reticle corrected (its angular size increased by 12%);
    81. Lift force loss and drag increase of a remaining wing after fragmentation of a wing corrected;
    82. First optimization task completed: AI controlled aircraft on the ground can be doubled;
    83. 'Jumpy landing gear' issue fixed thanks to improved shock strut model;
    84. Bumpiness of concrete runways and taxiways reduced;
    85. He-111 won't rotate after an emergency landing;
    86. Powered temperature gauges won't work when engine is off;
    87. Engine heat model corrected for Ju-87;
    88. Oxygen deprivation model corrected (its effects are felt at higher altitudes than before);
    89. German breathing devices are engaged at higher altitudes (by German flight manuals);
    90. Pe-2 fuel gauge is backlit now;
    91. La-5 cylinder head temperature gauge is backlit as well;
    92. Pe-2 trimmer neutral position indicators work now;
    93. Bf 109 E-7 mass correctly decreases with ammo spending;
    94. New technochat message added telling pilot that an engine is deselected.

In the meantime, the work continues. One of our main goals at this stage of development is a significant increase in an amount of AI controlled aircraft acting simultaneously without a noticeable decrease in modeling quality, keeping realistic aircraft characteristics. The idea is to keep the physics modeling accuracy of an AI controlled plane the same as player controlled plane has and optimize only those modules which impact is only noticeable when you pilot a plane yourself. A significant chunk of time of our lead flight physics specialist and the author of our flight model, Andrey Solomykin, is dedicated to this task. We're optimistic since the early results are good.

It is known that one of the physics bottlenecks in terms of the required CPU power was an aircraft behavior on the ground so this was a natural first stop of Andrey's journey to improved performance. And he passed it with flying colors - at this moment we're able to double the amount of AI planes on the ground keeping the same level of performance - simply staying on the ground, taxiing, performing a takeoff or landing. This change will be included in 2.004 update. In addition, as it always happens with a large scale research, this task yielded unforeseen results. By completing it we were able to solve the 'jumpy landing gear' issue.

Earlier we stated that implementing additional landing gear dampening is not possible within the confines of the current landing gear model which was already at its computational stability limit. Increasing the sampling rate even more to raise this limit made the performance impact in the 'aircraft on the ground' case unacceptable. But now, with this optimization completed, the landing gear modeling was improved and it gives more accurate results which are comparable to real landing gear testbed data even at a reduced sampling rate compared to the old one. So the 'jumpy planes' issue will be addressed in 2.004 as well. Aircraft behavior on the ground, which was already the most accurate among ALL existing flight simulators, will become even more true to life. It should be noted that thorough research of documentation revealed that Soviet shock struts were designed for much greater load. This is why Soviet aircraft were much more 'jumpy' than German ones in reality. We even found an interesting phrase in Soviet documentation from 1948 mentioning that some pre-war and war landing gear designs, in which shock struts of a stationary aircraft should have been completely extended, were wrong. You'll be able to feel the difference between Soviet and German landing gear designs in the 2.004 update. Some of the effects are visible in this short video:
    Last edited by Mastiff; Sep-23-2016 at 10:51.
    32 Samsung|||

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Update 133

Hello Pilots!

In parallel to Battle of Kuban development, we continue our work on new Collector Planes - Yak-1b (series 127) and Ju-52 3mg4e. Their 3D models will be finished in the next few weeks and work on their physics models is already underway.

The Ju-52 controls are somewhat unusual, for example, its wheel brakes are engaged by pulling back the engine control levers while the flaps are operated using the same handle as the adjustable stabilizer. However, it is possible to unlink these controls and adjust the stabilizer without touching the flaps. Other unique features are a tail wheel brake, corrugated fuselage and wing plating, hanging rudders and flaps, fixed-pitch propellers and non-parallel thrust vectors of the wing engines. Its design represents the transitional period between the wars (1920-1930’s) where new designs and increasing technology led to experimentation with some odd results. The Ju-52 was an iconic plane from this period in aviation history and its usefulness kept it flying all throughout WWII.

Although from the famous Yak family of fighters, the Yak-1b (series 127) required almost a complete overhaul of the existing Yak-1 (series 69) 3D model. From the development point of view this is almost a completely new aircraft. There are several subtle differences that influence its physics model – a different propeller, automatic tail wheel lock similar to the MiG-3, simplified trimmers (just bendable fins instead of separate trimmer surfaces), improved seals for openings, additional engine exhaust covers, a different engine intake, and, of course, a lowered fuselage spine with a teardrop canopy. All of these changes led to better aerodynamics and performance than previous Yak models. The Yak-1b also had more armor in the front section of the fuselage and it had a different armament package. Armament consisted of a 20 mm ShVAK with 140 rounds and a 12.7mm UBS machinegun with 220 rounds. Designers also removed the underwing rocket rails.

Here are some WIP screenshots for more visual impression:
    ju52:
    ju52cockpit1.jpg ju52cockpit12.jpg ju52gunnerpit.jpg ju52gunnerpit1.jpg
    yak1b
    yak1b.jpg yak1b2.jpg yak1bcockpit1.jpg yak1bcockpit12.jpg

32 Samsung|||

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Update #134

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/...iary/?p=397552

Hello Everybody,

As we mentioned in our previous developer diaries, Battle of Kuban is in full scale development. In particular, the map of the new thereat of war is in the works.

The Career mode time-frame of the Battle of Kuban will begin April 17 and end October 9, 1943, so the map will include three seasons - Spring, Summer and Autumn. Making a Spring map is a new experience for us and we'll see how it goes. We're confident that its quality will be good, but the difference in color palette should be significant compared to other seasons and we're hoping it will add a nice visual variety to the project.

Map borders are already set, as you can see on the attached picture - 416.2 km х 288.4 km fly zone which is 120,032 square kilometers total. Its borders, where you can't fly, ranges from 9.5 to 35 km thick (they are needed so you won't see the map edges). If we count these borders, the total visible area of the new map increases to whopping 165,000 square kilometers. The flyable area of the Kuban map is 32% larger than our Stalingrad map and 20% larger than our Western Front map in Rise of Flight. This is a significant increase in size with many more terrain features. You are going to enjoy it!

kubanmap1.jpg

There are three major cities - Krasnodar, Novorossiysk and Kerch, several sea ports, some of them including unique infrastructure objects, more than thirty airfields. What is important, is that the map contains very diverse landscape types with the ocean, mountains, steppe, forested foothills, estuaries, salt-marshes, the Kerch channel, rocky and sandy coasts. Therefore, you'll see a diverse and interesting environment during three different seasons.

At this moment, initial research, map borders and the height map are completed and we can show you a very early WIP screenshot of the new map. There are no land textures at all yet, but it's a start

kubanmap12.jpg

In addition, today we can tell you that our work on the next update 2.004 reached its final stage. The new update is in beta testing and we plan to release it in 2-3 weeks. It already contains more than 45 changes, including changes to physics, aircraft systems, damage models, 3D models, AI, user interface, mission system and ship improvements. The most important ones come from our work on the Battle of Kuban which is the first tier of physics and AI optimizations, resulting in double the number of AI aircraft on the ground at the same level of performance and 20% physics performance increase of AI aircraft in the air.

We'd also like to let you know that while our work on DirectX 11 implementation is not finished yet and the new render isn't ready to be included in 2.004 update, at the moment it grants a huge graphics performance boost, almost a 2x increase or more in FPS depending on the scene. We're hoping to release the new renderer to the public this year and we'll start its beta testing immediately after 2.004 release.

Update 2.004 will also bring some early features we're preparing for the new Air Marshal multiplayer mode - the ability to have recon planes in the multiplayer server (the server host will be able to give some aircraft the spotter ability). Joystick ID storing system is improved again, hopefully this would resolve the remaining issues with multiple control devices caused by Windows changing device IDs for those who encountered them. You can see the testing of this system on the picture below

kubanmap123.jpg

And finally we have begun to work on collecting information and content for the new Career mode. Please check the forum for a section called Career Assistance. If you can help us create and gather the needed materials it would be a great help to the team!

32 Samsung|||

40. Likes BOO, LuseKofte liked this post
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast