Thread: HELP - in creating a 'startup procedure' library....

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

HELP - in creating a 'startup procedure' library....

Hi guys,

Just joined ATAG earlier today and looking forward to many hours of reading and improving my flying skills.

So, without further ado, here's my first appeal for help!

I am trying to create a reference library containing each of the 'flyable' planes in the current (TF modded) version of CLOD.

There is a long list of planes shown in the game but I believe the 'flyable' ones are as follows:

RAF

Supermarine Spitfire (Mk. I and Mk. II variants)
    Hawker Hurricane Mk. I
    Bristol Blenheim Mk. V
    DH-82 Tiger Moth

Luftwaffe

Messerschmitt BF-109E-3
    Messerschmitt BF-110C
    Heinkel He-111
    Junkers Ju-87B
    Junkers Ju-88

Italian AF:

Fiat G.50
    Fiat BR.20

Now going back to my library idea, when a particular plane is selected on the index page, a sub-page will appear containing the relevant start-up procedure and other pilot information.

I have noticed that in most cases, each plane 'type' has a number of 'variants', an example is the Spitfire with the Mk.1, Mk.1 (100 Octane), Mk.1a, Mk.1a (100 Octane), Mk.IIa

Obviously, the same applies to each of the other plane 'types' too.

Here's my question:

I appreciate the startup procedure is different for each plane 'type' but I don't know whether it is different for each variant within a given plane 'type'.

Therefore I'm unsure as to whether I need to create a sub-page for each variant or whether a generic sub-page will serve all variants within a specified plane 'type'?

Hoping that I have explained myself clearly - please shout up if you need me to clarify what I mean.
    i7-5820K CPU 3.30Ghz OC @ 4.50GHz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X VapourX 4GB GDDR5 TRI-X (Eyefinity) | Sapphire R7 240 1GB GDDR5 (Touchscreen) | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (Backup) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast Full Tower Case | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 7 SP1 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | Saitek X-55 HOTAS & Combat Pedals | TrackIR 5 | (May 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Re: HELP - in creating a 'startup procedure' library....

Hi. This thread might interest you: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...t=Chuck+guides

along with Team Fusion wiki page: http://www.theairtacticalassaultgrou...u.php?id=start

Basically the startups for each type of plane are the same. What differs is the behaviour at diffrent "Altitude envelopes". Some perform better lower and worse higher or vice versa.

3. Likes slicker55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Cliffs does not use complicated startup procedures and what needs to be done, is 99.9% the same between variants.
    You might find little differences like on the 109 with auto prop-pitch where there's a bug and you need to manually move it before the auto works as intended.

5. Likes slicker55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Curiously the most trick plane for startup in this list is Tiger Moth - his throttle is "haunted".

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

All done guys... project completed (for now) pending TF5.0
    i7-5820K CPU 3.30Ghz OC @ 4.50GHz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X VapourX 4GB GDDR5 TRI-X (Eyefinity) | Sapphire R7 240 1GB GDDR5 (Touchscreen) | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (Backup) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast Full Tower Case | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 7 SP1 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | Saitek X-55 HOTAS & Combat Pedals | TrackIR 5 | (May 2015)

8. Likes ATAG_Lewis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Yam gonna be flying the ATAG multiplayer server Slick?
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    Yam gonna be flying the ATAG multiplayer server Slick?
    Hi Lew,

Yes, I would like to give it a try although as a newbie, I've already got quite a few irons in the fire. I've been riding the steep 'learning curve' for just over four months now, countless very late nights / early mornings soaking everything up like a sponge - I'm sure all this will sound very familiar to you.

I've received some great advice from loads of people who, like you said, are very willing to help those that are prepared to reach out.

I'm glad that when I started I made notes along the way - these are quite extensive now and will be invaluable to me for many years to come. I would be lost without them - there's simply too much to remember.

Having resolved a few issues after a recent hardware upgrade, I'm now happy with my rig - everything is now spot-on... you may recall me mentioning that I have also made some touchscreen profiles using Helios which complement my HOTAS system but this work has also been quite time consuming. You'll gather I love technology and the challenge of learning new stuff but time spent this way is time lost to actually flying!

So, back to your original question, yes... I would like to try the ATAG multiplayer server - is this a public server or do I need a passcode to access it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by slicker55 View Post

So, back to your original question, yes... I would like to try the ATAG multiplayer server - is this a public server or do I need a passcode to access it?
    Hope you dont mind i reply to this one. Quoting Hotel California..

""Relax, " said the night man,
    "We are programmed to receive.
    You can check-out any time you like,
    But you can never leave!
    ""

Just join in. No fees and no password. Its a open environment where evrything goes but teamkilling or vulgarity (the only 2 rules on the server). Carefull where you choose to spawn because your base can be under attack and like in war there was some guys who never took off. If you spawn from a rear base is usually safer to roll out and gain altitude.

Teamspeak will be invaluable to get some familirization with the "lingo" used by virtual pilots, so hop along.

12. Likes slicker55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lolsav View Post
    Hope you dont mind i reply to this one. Quoting Hotel California..

""Relax, " said the night man,
    "We are programmed to receive.
    You can check-out any time you like,
    But you can never leave!
    ""

Just join in. No fees and no password. Its a open environment where evrything goes but teamkilling or vulgarity (the only 2 rules on the server). Carefull where you choose to spawn because your base can be under attack and like in war there was some guys who never took off. If you spawn from a rear base is usually safer to roll out and gain altitude.

Teamspeak will be invaluable to get some familirization with the "lingo" used by virtual pilots, so hop along.
    Last time I told someone to relax and take it, I never saw her again!

hahahahahah
    Last edited by slicker55; May-29-2015 at 13:33.