Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Open Campaign Map Test - All Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    974.2 KB

Re: New Open Campaign Map Test - All Welcome!

Two weeks to go until the start of the campaign!

The map has now been updated with all the available targets. We have 9 bomber missions still to program into the system, but all the targets are in and can be attacked and damaged as normal.

There are 55 detailed targets on the map in all, including:

23 Airfields (providing operational bases)
    7 Ports (accepting convoy supplies)
    7 Fuel Depots (storing fuel for flights)
    5 Fuel Refineries (producing fuel for flights)
    4 Aircraft Parts Factories (generating parts to repair damaged aircraft and build new ones)
    9 Civilian Targets (keeping morale high)

Plus, 7 possible convoy missions in the channel that bring randomly chosen supplies (fuel, parts, or morale boosting goods) to the Red team.

Testing will continue right up until the campaign start date of July 10th! Please stop by and have a look at the map if you think you'd like to participate.

2. Likes Dice liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    44.28 MB

Quote Originally Posted by No.401_Wolverine View Post
    Two weeks to go until the start of the campaign!

The map has now been updated with all the available targets. We have 9 bomber missions still to program into the system, but all the targets are in and can be attacked and damaged as normal.

There are 55 detailed targets on the map in all, including:

4 Aircraft Parts Factories (generating parts to repair damaged aircraft and build new ones)

Plus, 7 possible convoy missions in the channel that bring randomly chosen supplies (fuel, parts, or morale boosting goods) to the Red team.

Testing will continue right up until the campaign start date of July 10th! Please stop by and have a look at the map if you think you'd like to participate.
    @ Wolverine, when the mission starts will it continue to run until all mission targets are destroyed and can we fly in it at anytime or is it time specific?

Motherboard: Gigabyte Ultra Durable GA-H97-HD3. CPU Intel i7-4790 @ 3.60 GHz
    GPU NVidia Geforce GTX 980, Memory 32 GB, Power supply 1000 watts. Monitor BenQ XL2730Z, 2560 x 1440 Native Resolution
    CH Products Joystick, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog throttle quadrant, Saiteck pedals.
    Trackir 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

Great news!
    Plus 7 Convoy missions
    Big work for blues
    Last edited by Cassius; Jun-26-2015 at 04:59.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    974.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Berserker View Post
    @ Wolverine, when the mission starts will it continue to run until all mission targets are destroyed and can we fly in it at anytime or is it time specific?
    Hi Berserker,

Not quite like that. The mission is set to run 70 times. July 10th to September 17th. The mission 'ends' when one of a few conditions are met:

1. If British morale is reduced to 0, the public revolts, kicks Churchill out of office and makes terms with Germany.
    2. If the Luftwaffe is losing too many pilots over the channel vs the number of combat sorties made (for players only - can't vouch for AI abilities / decisions so they won't count towards this) then Hitler recalls the Luftwaffe and cancels Seelowe.
    3. If the RAF is reduced to such a point where they cannot provide a defense of England, the Germans invade and the mission ends.
    4. If the mission runs the full 70 days with no clear winner, Hitler cancels Seelowe and England survives to fight on (the 'historical' end).

The targets themselves are repairable. Each target has three damage levels (light, medium, heavy) and for each level of damage, it'll take one day to repair. So if a fuel refinery is dealt heavy damage, it will take at least 3 days of constant repair before it will produce fuel again. If an airfield is dealt moderate damage, it'll take 2 days before it can be made active again. etc.

Damage is persistent and if not repaired will linger. Civilian targets that are left without fire and rescue crews sent will impact morale. Fuel depots that are left unrepaired will 'leak' fuel each day.

Convoys offer the Red team the opportunity to get large quantities of resources quickly, but only if the convoy survives and only if it can reach an active port.

There are lots of ways to impact the battle. More than we probably will have players for..

6. Likes ♣_Spiritus_♣ liked this post
    Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

How are repairs done? Is the process automatic if the target receives no additional damage?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    974.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by =FI=Murph View Post
    How are repairs done? Is the process automatic if the target receives no additional damage?
    Repairs are selected by players through the tab menu. If repairs are not requested, damage is not repaired. Red team has to decided what is most important to repair as available repair crews are limited.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hello Wolverine!

I am Brazilian, and I would fly campaign, I sign up here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    974.2 KB

Hi Batz,

There's no sign up. You can play any time there's room (there's always room). July 10th will be the official start date.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.20 MB

S!

We would like to participate:

LBR=H.Ostermann
    LBR=F.Stigler

Luftwaffe

<o_

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    974.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by LBR=F.Stigler View Post
    S!

We would like to participate:

LBR=H.Ostermann
    LBR=F.Stigler

Luftwaffe

<o_
    Please do! Just pick a timezone you'd like to play and come on over. We'll probably have the most players during the Eastern North America timezone version (9pm Eastern).

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

Thanks for the warm welcome and all the help last night Wolverine!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.20 MB

S!

Please include also:

LBR=Gustav.Denk

<O_

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

The folks on the Three Player Coop podcast gave me the opportunity to talk about the Finest Hour Campaign. Please show your appreciation for them and all the people involved in the campaign by downloading, sharing and listening.

Facebook

Direct Link

Campaign Talk starts at around 1:23:00.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    974.2 KB

Thanks StiC! Very entertaining listen. You're more than generous about my contributions though. Let's hope that it gets the word out to a few people to join the campaign, or at the very least give Cliffs of Dover a try!

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

Wolverine; I was able to set up my server window (for getting reports and radar info)with your excellent help, but did not take notes. I would like to get my two squadmates set up as well before Friday night. Any chance you could briefly describe the process here?
    I remember how to open a new info window and how to position it, but I'm fuzzy about setting the parameters so that it provides the info properly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    974.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by =FI=Murph View Post
    Wolverine; I was able to set up my server window (for getting reports and radar info)with your excellent help, but did not take notes. I would like to get my two squadmates set up as well before Friday night. Any chance you could briefly describe the process here?
    I remember how to open a new info window and how to position it, but I'm fuzzy about setting the parameters so that it provides the info properly.
    Hi Murph,

What you need to do is right click on the info window when it is active (hold alt and left click on the window) and select the customize option.
    You need to add 'Server' messages by moving them from the far right box to the middle box.
    You can then customize the info window details by changing the window to remove the borders, title, and make the inactive BG set to 0. Change the timeout on the messages to somewhere around 30 seconds so that info stays up long enough for you to handle it (or as long as you'd like it to stay up) and then save and close the window.

Note, make sure you've positioned the window where you want it and set it to be pretty wide (I use nearly the entire width of my screen for these messages since the radar call outs have a lot of detail per plot) BEFORE you make these changes because after you've set the borders, title and BG to be invisible, it's harder (not impossible) to make adjustments.

If you have any difficulty, just swing by TS and we can help you out. I'm sure the guys on the ATAG teamspeak will also be helpful if you can't find any of us on ours before Saturday.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

Thanks again, that really helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12