Thread: Hurricane cockpit mods for TF5?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Hurricane cockpit mods for TF5?

As we hopefully move closer to the TF5 Mod being released,I was wondering if you chaps here at Team Fusion would consider changing the Hurricane 'trim wheel' for us Hurricane pilots to an original spec.

At present the trim wheel that came with the sim is wrong,it is part metal/part wood,the original Mk1 Hurricane trim wheels were wood laminate(see pics).This is only a suggestion,but as you chaps are now tidying the whole sim to a better standard,I thought the subject it needed to be brought up.

I have always thought in fact that the COD Hurricane cockpit is a bit tatty,at the outbreak of the 'Battle Of Britain'most of these aircraft would only have been at best a year or so old,so they would have looked a little more fresh than what we have with the COD Hurricane pit,just my thoughts anyway.The COD Spitfire cockpit is superb and pretty correct,now you guys have changed it around to be so.

So to conclude,is there a possibility to give the Hurricane cockpit a TF small cosmetic touch prior to the TF5 release ?

(Edit to above,on closer study of this issue,there was an alternate version of this laminate trim wheel that was manufactured without the centre holes(see pics)but the majority were of the version with the holes cut out)

HurriCockpitRight - Copy.jpg

Trim.jpg

Trim1.jpg

1.png

2.png

1 017.jpg

1 018.jpg

3.png
    Last edited by Meaks; Jun-01-2015 at 08:30. Reason: picture update

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

2. Likes LARRY69, Saylors liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.56 GB

Re: Hurricane cockpit mods for TF5?

The throttle and mixture lever's in the Hurricane can be made to look better to I think, they seem very monochrome!
    Many thanks if you can.
    Taff
    Last edited by BenQuinn; Jun-03-2015 at 09:20.
    “What General Weygand called the battle of France is over. I expect that the Battle of Britain is about to begin.” – Winston Churchill

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Huricane issues: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=17128

Trim wheel metal center is because Hurricanes send to Russians have this version:

https://www.google.com.br/url?sa=i&r...33180025892446

OM - about "Russian documents": http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...4&postcount=13
    Last edited by 1lokos; May-31-2015 at 13:40.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Unfortunately we cannot guarantee these changes as there are higher items on the priority list at this point.

6. Likes 4./JG26_Adler, Dennes liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

Hi Meaker,

thank you for reporting this! To faciliate and organize bug reports and feature requests, we have established a bugtracker here at http://tfbt.nuvturais.de. As far as I can see, this bug has not already been reported there. So may I ask you to please create a new issue with this bug? And, if you haven't done so already, please do read the guidelines here first: http://tfbt.nuvturais.de/projects/il2clodtf/boards/4.

And please include a link back to this thread in the description, so that people can find the discussion here.

As Buzzsaw has already said, we cannot guarantee these changes as there are higher items on the priority list at this point, but raising this issue in the bugtracker ensures it will not be forgotten when its time has come.

Thank you very much,
    Artist

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

@ Buzzsaw and Artist..........Time is not a problem gents,the very fact that you'll consider these ideas for a future improvement to our beloved Hurricane is great,I shall add this to the Bugtracker as requested,although I have never seen this as a bug,merely an oversight by the original developers.

Thanks guys,you chaps rock

~S~

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

We are hoping to do a Sea Hurricane for TF 5.0, so perhaps the changes to the cockpit can be done then.

We will need to change the speedometer to knots... although that is simple texture change on the gauge not 3D work.

And of course, the change to allow +16 boost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Speaking of trim wheels, will the Spitfire trim wheels finally be animated? Right now you can't tell what your rudder trim is set to because the dial does not move. (For elevator there is the handy dandy indicator in cockpit)

S! Flare

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Flare View Post
    Speaking of trim wheels, will the Spitfire trim wheels finally be animated? Right now you can't tell what your rudder trim is set to because the dial does not move. (For elevator there is the handy dandy indicator in cockpit)

S! Flare
    Again, hopefully we have time to do that when we do the mods required for the new gen Spits.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Bug has now been reported in the bug tracker,see link:http://tfbt.nuvturais.de/issues/752

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

So it should look something like this

Hurri-Wheel.jpg
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Yes, just matter of correct texture.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Bloody marvelous MP,that's much,much better ,.....if you can integrate the two lines of laminate showing through the middle of the grab wheel that would be a real peach ,to the untrained eye,there are two distinct lighter laminates that run through the middle of the trim wheel,only visible if you are looking down,on yop of the wheel ie 'Birds eye view'.

Here's a closer picture to show those two laminates.

laminate.JPG

Fantastic work guys,I salute you,for your sterling efforts on this,and thank you very much,it is very much appreciated by us pilots who love our Hurricane.

16. Likes LARRY69, Screamadelica liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

We'll see what can be done... the person who did this work is on a break for a while. Real life requires his attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Plt Off JRB Meaker View Post
    Bloody marvelous MP,that's much,much better ,.....if you can integrate the two lines of laminate showing through the middle of the grab wheel that would be a real peach ,to the untrained eye,there are two distinct lighter laminates that run through the middle of the trim wheel,only visible if you are looking down,on yop of the wheel ie 'Birds eye view'.

Here's a closer picture to show those two laminates.

laminate.JPG

Fantastic work guys,I salute you,for your sterling efforts on this,and thank you very much,it is very much appreciated by us pilots who love our Hurricane.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Thanks Buz,all appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Ooops
    Last edited by Mysticpuma; Jun-10-2015 at 06:56.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Is it just me or can anyone else not tell which of these cockpit pics are real or from the sim? Just goes to show how stunning the game is already!

Veteran Combat pilot Screamadelica's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    588.65 MB

Great job TF!

A big thanks from all of the Hurricane pilots.

Our favourite girl just got a little bit better.
    Intel I7 - 11700K CPU @ 3.60 GHZ, Nvidia RTX 3080, Evo 970 SSD 1TB, Ram 32GB , Win 10 64 Bit. Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and MSFFB 2, CH Throttle Quadrant, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Falcon Gear Trim Unit, Track IR5.

22. Likes BenQuinn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.58 MB

I have just replaced my own home-made trim wheel with this genuine Hawker Hurricane Trim Wheel ....

18873562288_f34fbab85f_d.jpg

18875070749_d23630fc5e_d.jpg

24. Likes LARRY69, Meaks, Ohms, BenQuinn, danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Smashing pictures Nails,old chap,but any chance you can make them twice as big so we can really see them properly,these are beautiful !

You lucky,lucky,lucky b.....d

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.13 GB

Nails, could we please see your cockpit set-up, in all its glory? I think you've been keeping it quietly hidden from us, you bad lad!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.58 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Whizkid View Post
    Nails, could we please see your cockpit set-up, in all its glory? I think you've been keeping it quietly hidden from us, you bad lad!
    Not quite Whiz. Here is the "old" cockpit posted in the "show us your cockpit" thread. Two years ago.

I am currently rebuilding and will post when finished.
    Last edited by Nails; Jun-27-2015 at 22:02. Reason: Trying to get the embed to work. Sigh.

28. Likes BenQuinn, LARRY69, danperin liked this post
    ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    We are hoping to do a Sea Hurricane for TF 5.0, so perhaps the changes to the cockpit can be done then.

We will need to change the speedometer to knots... although that is simple texture change on the gauge not 3D work.

And of course, the change to allow +16 boost.
    A sea hurricane! This is tremendous news.

Thanks to all involved

S!