Thread: Resolved! Patching Drama

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Smile Resolved! Patching Drama

S!

Hi Guys.

I've just done a full wipe and re-install after a MOBO upgrade and found that when i download all the Fusion patches i click onto the 3.00 Zip and Unzip the EXE folder, i run this and select my destination folder, then it goes through all the process bar and says complete......not good....

I've had the install before and notice this progress Bar zooms though and doesn't install anything anywhere, where as before it takes a few minutes.

I've re-downloaded 5 times and reinstalled 5 times also..... please help lol.

Can't keep screaming at my pc.

Gazz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Re: Patching Drama

Hi Gazz,

I think this is related to not having permissions to write on the destination folder.
    Usually, if steam is installed as administrator, it will set the permissions on the CoD folder to "only admin can write on it".

Try checking the folder permissions or running the installer as admin.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

Yes i changed all my perms to my User specific and ran all as admin privlege.

Still cant get anything to go into the Clod Folder.

Kinda losing my mind now lol

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Anyone have anymore ideas or help?

Still at loss. I'll screen shot the process tomorrow and see that can help out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Welcome to the community and forums GazzWhit....~S~

GazzWhit....Stick with it buddy...and keep posting in this thread if you are still struggling...We have a good success rate here of helping folks and we have one of the best online communities for helping new players too so as I say stick with it...Unfortunately I am not as techy minded as a lot of folks here so can't help you much other than what I say below but I am sure there will be others who will contribute to this thread...

The screenshot may be a big help so include it if you can...

So...First make sure you downloaded all the patches and keep them backed up for later if you need to install them again onto a vanilla copy of CLOD...

Then follow the instructions in the video in the 'Beginners Guide' below for patch installation...

Beginners Guide Link Here

If you need to get the game back to vanilla for a fresh install of the patches then you can do this by 'Verifying the integrity of the game cache'...sounds complicated but is actually just a couple of clicks in STEAM...Here is how..:

Verify integrity of game cache

Open STEAM and Go to....STEAM > LIBRARY > All Games > IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover (right click) > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache

As I say keep at it as it does sound like one of those 'easy to fix if you know how' types of issues...

Once you have it running then.....

Also try youtube for startup procedures on all the aircraft...

Here are a few fun and interesting links amongst these forums

Most Watched CLOD Videos

Easy Allied CEM for New Players

Hardware Thread

ATAG Forum Age Poll Results

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and remember its all about the Fun!!!

...Lew...
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Jun-19-2015 at 10:24.
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

6. Likes BenQuinn, GazzWhit liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

MMM

Well, Thanks Lew, it seems the PC god of Karma shone on me today and it's just working fine... nothing done differently or new.

Meh. Big Tanks anyways buddy.

Doubt i'll need the beginners guide.

GazzWhit
    _79_Para

8. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Lewis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Great News!...thanks for update..
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by GazzWhit View Post
    Doubt i'll need the beginners guide.

GazzWhit
    _79_Para
    Famous last words.

11. Likes ATAG_Lewis liked this post