Thread: CLOD Modding Tools?

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

CLOD Modding Tools?

Now that il-1946 (just my opinion, I'm sorry I said such a thing!) is starting to show its age, I would like to know what is currently possible with modding CLOD. I'm interested in modding tools that currently exist for CLOD. If somebody could first point me to right direction, I believe I can find my own way. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: CLOD Modding Tools?

When it comes to modding Cliffs of Dover, there is no way around Team Fusion. See here:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ad.php?t=11129

They are looking for all kind of modders, so if you can contribute something, that is highly welcomed!
    MSI GAMING G65 // i7 4770k @ 4.2GHZ // ASUS GTX 780 CUll // 8GB RAM (@1600mhz) // Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Version
    Thrustmaster T16000 + Saitek x52 Throttle // Saitek Throttle Quadrant // MFG Crosswind Pedals // Track IR 5

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I'm toying witha crazy idea of creating a new map for CLOD or BOS.. "Forgotten Battles 2" or something equally lunatic is what I had in mind.. Just trying to see what are my options. Theoretically its now possible to mod maps for BOS, Just interested if its even theoretically possible to Create a New map for CLOD?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

It is, but only with Team Fusion. Contact them if you are interested, if you think you can contribute something!

I think it is close to impossible to do such a task alone, but afaik, as a member of TF, everything is possible...
    MSI GAMING G65 // i7 4770k @ 4.2GHZ // ASUS GTX 780 CUll // 8GB RAM (@1600mhz) // Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Version
    Thrustmaster T16000 + Saitek x52 Throttle // Saitek Throttle Quadrant // MFG Crosswind Pedals // Track IR 5

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

5. Likes ♣_Spiritus_♣ liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

It's very impossible to do something like that alone. I calculated that creating planes as detailed as stock version would take half a year, a map would take at least half a year.. So two planes + 1 map 1.5 years of serious modding minimum if I do all alone. I do 3D and animation for living so thats going to help a lot, but still its massive project to do on your freetime. But people needs hobbies I gues..

Maybe I could reach out to them and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Whaaa, you are doing 3D-Animations for a living? PLEASE join Team Fusion. They need you!

Btw. if you are interested in what has happened so far, please read trough the past updates from Team Fusion. A new map, new planes and many other things are on their way!

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Yes that can certainly help us! Pls feel free to send a pm to Mysticpuma! We need 3d modelers!!

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Check your PMs, I'm sure the TF brass will be along soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    191.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by vvaris View Post
    It's very impossible to do something like that alone. I calculated that creating planes as detailed as stock version would take half a year, a map would take at least half a year.. So two planes + 1 map 1.5 years of serious modding minimum if I do all alone. I do 3D and animation for living so thats going to help a lot, but still its massive project to do on your freetime. But people needs hobbies I gues. Maybe I could reach out to them and see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Spiritus_Mortem (US-S SM) View Post
    Check your PMs, I'm sure the TF brass will be along soon!
    The TF brass has arrived. I'm leading the TF mapping team so I'll reply to your mapping question. Making a new map for COD is NOT like making a map for IL2-1946. The process is extremely complex. For example, it's taken 3 of our team over 1 year just to crack how to place/change labels on maps (place names etc). The process of making a new map involves texture artists, C# programmers & hackers. No one person has all the skills needed to create an entirely new map.

As has already been suggested, if you have an interest & the time to add to the COD content then please contact TF MysticPuma with some details of your experience & portfolio. He's our liasion officer & is the entry point to joining the TF team.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I can 3D model, texture and write C#, just need to learn hacking then. But yeah, I got your point, its way more complicated than il-1946, bummer..

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    191.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by vvaris View Post
    I can 3D model, texture and write C#, just need to learn hacking then. But yeah, I got your point, its way more complicated than il-1946, bummer..
    Understanding C# & data structures is a good starting point. Many of the map data files are in hexidecimal format. An example of just one of the Channel map files is below. Good luck with the hacking ....

Last edited by Salmo; Jun-17-2015 at 09:03.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    820.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Salmo View Post
    Many of the map data files are in hexidecimal format. An example of just one of the Channel map files is below. Good luck ....

I see outlines of trees and roads near Dover.

14. Likes Kling, ATAG_Lolsav, ATAG_yotheguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    191.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Marmus View Post
    Marmus is not joking. There are really trees & roads hidden in there. For those that don't know, Marmus is the Neo of COD.

Last edited by Salmo; Jun-17-2015 at 09:14.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Marmus View Post
    what. the. f***.

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

17. Likes Marmus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    806.84 MB

We are just waiting when Marmus will finally decide to become the chosen one...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by danperin View Post
    We are just waiting when Marmus will finally decide to become the chosen one...
    are you feeding him pils or what?

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Salmo View Post
    Understanding C# & data structures is a good starting point. Many of the map data files are in hexidecimal format. An example of just one of the Channel map files is below. Good luck with the hacking ....

There's the bug! Where it reads C8A21F0B5 it should read C8A25F0B5

21. Likes Berserker, ATAG_Lolsav liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Glad you picked that up before I brought it to everyone's attention Colander
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

23. Likes ATAG_yotheguy, Berserker, ATAG_Lolsav liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

What everyone in the supporting community has to understand about modding CLIFFS OF DOVER is that it is TEAM effort.

It is a full time job for three or four persons to work on maps... another full time job for two or three people to work on Flight Model's, another full time job for 10 people to work on 3D aircraft models, another full time job for 10 people to work on ships and vehicles, another full time job for 2 people to work on sound, another full time job for 2 people to work on damage models, another full time job for 3-4 people to work on importing/exporting models, etc. etc. etc.

No one person can do it all... the range of experience and abilities required to actually create and implement a new aircraft into the game is huge.

Maps just for example, involve the coding required to implement the tools for drawing, then you have the guys building the 3D models for trees, vegetation, etc., then the guys creating the 3D models for the theater-specific buildings, then the coders placing all these objects, over the huge area of the map, then you have the texturers for all this terrain, objects, etc... it all needs to have believable textures.

I don't even pretend to understand exactly what our sound guys are doing, and they don't pretend to understand where I am with the Flight Models.

But all of our Team's work has to be focused on specific common goals. There is no point in someone doing the sound effects for a Focke-wulf 189 if no one else is building the 3D model external model, if no one is building at the 3D cockpit, or no one is researching and implementing the performance data in the flight models and someone else is creating the damage models.

We welcome people the mod team, but they need to have very specific skills of a high level. And they need to be able to work with everyone else in the team... we can't have lone wolves going off and doing something which doesn't connect with all the rest of the team's work.
    Last edited by RAF74_Buzzsaw; Jun-17-2015 at 17:14.