View Poll Results: What do you think of the current TAB-7-1 version?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Is perfect as it stands now

33 37.50%
  • I would like something different but I can live with it

28 31.82%
  • I'm neutral or never use it

11 12.50%
  • I don't like it because of X

6 6.82%
  • I hate everything of it. Go back to the original version

10 11.36%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Current TAB7-1 Poll

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    754 Bytes

Re: Current TAB7-1 Poll

Quote Originally Posted by 7./JG26_SMOKEJUMPER View Post
    Pretty good as is. My one change I would like would be to stretch out the closest you can be detected from 1km that it is now to 2 or 3km.

My reasoning is that I have both used it to ruin someones bounce and I'm sure some of mine have been ruined the same.

Kinda cheap to button mash when you have no visual but even I do it I'll admit that.
    There is no difference what is the range of 7-1 It should be off at all. To include when few players

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Hi Everybody

This is a newcomer's point of view so 'be gentle' with me. All the above replies make fascinating reading, if a little confusing but they certainly underline the fact that 'you can't please all the punters all the time.' I'm sure we do have huge sympathy for the poor chap who is trying to make decisions on all our behalves. Salute to him!

As a newcomer, I don't see Tab 71 as a danger or a threat. I think most newbies ignore Tab 71 until they have sorted out their engine management, gun configuration, basic situational awareness, the various maps etc. After about 2 months on the main server (What fun! I think I have been looking for ATAG all my life!) I am only now having a tentative go with Tab 71. I think of it this way:

Nothing will ever replace the Mk I Eyeball! That's what pilots chiefly relied on through the summer of 1940 and I need to learn to do the same.
    Tab 71 is just a tool to help us find where the action is but is NOT to be used in isolation.... without one's innate knowledge.....that aircraft dive...climb....move out of radar range...just as they did in the war. However, though unreliable it can help some players and make the game more immersive and fun for them. Others can, of course, choose to ignore it.

As yet, I don't have the knowledge to go into this in great depth. I'm not even sure what to vote for yet but I hope any changes will keep Tab 71 as historically accurate as possible....I agree, no 'artificial' help or arcade stuff, please! Team Fusion have made CLoD the best flight sim in the world because it is so realistic and immersive. Let's not lose that. Salute to all!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Hi folks,

Please note that this poll was started on July 15, 2015 when TAB 7 1 was significantly different to what it is now. AFAIK there are no plans to further tweak, or eliminate, TAB 7 1 at the current time.

Salute,

Snapper

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

4. Likes ATAG_((dB)), Bonditaria liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123