Thread: London Ruft Mission Bug

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

London Ruft Mission Bug

me and my wingman were flying axis at the beginning of the London Ruft mission. We went to attack a 4 ship corvette group that started in BC 29. after our first attack in 109E4Bs at the very beginning of the mission, we went off to fly as fighters. Later on in the mission we came back with an 88 and a 110 at around 1:55 remaining in the mission. The ships were bugged along their route.

I was on attack run to find that the ships were floating in the air, and tilted on their side. i nearly rammed it as i was confused, and stalled out and crashed.. here is a screenshot of what they looked like

atag bug.png

a few minutes later, they returned to normal

atag bug2.jpg

and then my wingman later reported the ships we upside down in the water, and one even blew his wing off while they were upside down. in 5 attacks, 3 times our wings were blown off instantly... It doesnt seem right. Regardless of that fact, these ships are clearly bugged

Thanks for any help or response we can get on fixing this issue

-Rya

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: London Ruft Mission Bug

These Ships (Corvettes) do not play fair. Seems the Royal Navy has some new tactics up their sleeves.

Even when they are upside down they can still shoot your wing off.

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Ships other than the cargo ships are known to be buggy, but the flying ships I believe have something to do with playing online and all the bits of data that have to be sent to and from.

It doesn't happen all the time so not the biggest deal, although when it does happen its a bummer. I'd say this happens to me maybe 10% of my flying time, if that.

It has nothing to do with the mission London Ruft, just CloD in general online.

Hope that helps.

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Mindle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    911.26 MB

This happens a lot on Kanalkampf also. If we are attacking ships and they appear to be levitating, We have to circle a while until they render in correctly. Then we can attack.

No idea why. Way beyond my pay grade.

Windows 10 64-bit; Intel Core i5-4670K @ 3.4 GHz Processor; 16.0 GB RAM; NVIDIA GTX970; TM Warthog HOTAS; MFG Crosswinds; Track IR5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

The "Flying Ships" are a known bug (http://tfbt.nuvturais.de/issues/659), probably (as Spiritus wrote) in the netcode. Sometimes I can watch them (sitting in Querqueville, Mission Relinquish) slowly descending from 50 m in the air down into the water until they float as they should.

The operable Flak on apparently (to you) upside down ships may be related.