Thread: Dear Americans. How do I speak to someone at the Whitehouse who has influence?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Dear Americans. How do I speak to someone at the Whitehouse who has influence?

Okay, it's unrealistic to say "please can I speak to President Obama", but generally if you can get past the defensive walls the people you want to speak to are usually quite helpful.

So the 325th Fighter Group have their last ever reunion at Tyndall AFB in Florida between Sept 24th-27th 2015 and I just figured it would be great to get a message (small video/Skype message/written message) from President Obama thanking the veterans for their service in WW2.

The thing is, how do you actually get this message/idea/suggestion to people who can ask the President if he would consider it?

I mean it would only take a short personal message to the veterans and as there are so few of them left and it's their last ever reunion.....I just wondered if anyone knows how to get a message to someone who has influence at the Whitehouse?

Just putting the question out there, cheers, MP
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

2. Likes farley, ATAG_Lolsav liked this post
    Supporting Member DoubleStandards's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    282.89 MB

Re: Dear Americans. How do I speak to someone at the Whitehouse who has influence?

Have you checked this out?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/write-or-call

DS

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Re: Dear Americans. How do I speak to someone at the Whitehouse who has influence?

Yes, logged an email. Will give it until next week

I always live in the hope that someone knows someone who knows someone.
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Maybe one way would be to contact the Florida governor office and ask for assistance with the petition. Who knows, you might at least end up with a message from the Governor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Hey thanks Colander. I can imagine there being lots of departments.....what should ai search for on Google do you reckon?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    Hey thanks Colander. I can imagine there being lots of departments.....what should ai search for on Google do you reckon?
    Quick google:
    Florida governor: http://www.flgov.com/contact-governor/

Florida senate representatives:
    https://www.billnelson.senate.gov/contact-bill
    http://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/i...ubio?p=Contact

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Another option if you haven't already tried is to find the nearest USAF base (with fighters if possible) and contact their public affairs or similar. From my experience - in another Air Force but one with similar culture. - is that the fighter community is pretty tight and have a big thing for history. They might be another conduit up the chain of command and/or might be interested in being involved somehow.

Sorry if youve been there done that.

Ezzie

Ps just noticed when re- reading you are at a base already. So I'm guessing you have done this already...

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.0 KB

This thread is all win.

Nice one Mystic! I hope you pull something off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.93 MB

I don't have a link to anything useful but have you given thought to contacting the head of the Air Force at the pentagon?

Chief
    SERVING THE ROF AND BOS COMMUNITY

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Yes, well I found a Facebook page for Gen. Mark A. Welsh III but as for getting a contact email or number....well that's drawn a blank

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

x- Deleted
    Last edited by Baffin; Sep-05-2015 at 17:32.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Great question! But it seems near impossible. Why would the Whitehouse speak with an ordinary individual with no influence at all. So no, I don't think that you can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.93 MB

Did you try this? ---> Air Force Senior Leaders

Chief
    SERVING THE ROF AND BOS COMMUNITY