Thread: TSNotifier Installed on Windows 10 x64

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

TSNotifier Installed on Windows 10 x64

After much weeping and gnashing of teeth, I finally got TSNotifier to work NORMALLY in Windows 10 x64 using IL-2: Cliffs of Dover! Please read this entire post first... Especially the edits! Here's what I did, step by step:

1. Windows 10 control panel: Uninstalled TSNotifier and TeamSpeak 3 Client.
    2. Downloaded and installed: [TeamSpeak3-Client-win64-3.0.18.exe]. This version is compatible with [TSNotifierV1.6.0.msi].
    3. Downloaded and installed: [TSNotifierV1.6.0.msi].
    4. Run IL-2: Cliffs of Dover. Spawn an airplane in multiplayer mode. There will be no TSNotifier text at this time.
    5. Exit the server. Then, exit the game to Windows 10 desktop.
    6. Open TeamSpeak 3 Client from the new shortcut.
    7. Observe the Easy to miss TSNotifier icon in the toolbar at screen lower right.
    8. Right Click the TSNotifier icon in the toolbar and chase through these options:
    8a. General... Check "Show Speaker", "Show Self", "Use Custom Nicknames (Contacts)", "Start with TS3".
    8b. General... Confirm that "Hardware Overlay" > "Enable" is NOT checked.
    8c. Click on "Edit gamesettings.ini". This opens a Notepad page.
    8d. Scroll through the items on this page to find:

[Launcher.exe]
    game.enabled=0

Change the zero to 1 so you now have:

[Launcher.exe]
    game.enabled=1

Save the [gamesettings.ini] file and close the notepad screen.

Close the TeamSpeak 3 Client.

The TSNotifier icon will remain active. Close it by Right Clicking it in the toolbar and selecting "Quit". Failure to do so will result in a Windows warning the next time you try to start TeamSpeak 3 Client. It does not hurt anything, but is just another unwanted message.

Start TeamSpeak 3 Client with the desktop shortcut and confirm the TSNotifier toolbar icon comes into view.
    Start "IL-2: Cliffs of Dover". After spawning an aircraft, a white text announcing TSNotifier active will scroll across the top. You are now good to go. Set your colors and other preferences if desired.

EDIT 20151001 1104edst: I no sooner typed all this up, when TSNotifier failed to start. I have discovered that some popular programs, including "MSI Afterburner" was preventing TSNotifier from starting, but not from running once started, in Cliffs of Dover.

In order to get TSNotifier to start with MSI Afterburner installed, you should load TeamSpeak 3 Client and start IL-2: Cliffs of Dover before starting MSI Afterburner. You should see the TSN text scroll across the top of the in-cockpit screen. This indicates that TSN is active.

Then, if you want the convenient features of MSI Afterburner, simply hit the Windows key to exit to the desktop and start Afterburner normally. When you have finished, you may leave Afterburner running and return to CLoD with a click of it's icon in the lower left taskbar. TSNotifier will continue to operate. Incidentally, you do not have to spawn an aircraft before running Afterburner... TSN will work as long as "Launcher.exe" executes successfully.

end of edit...

EDIT - 20151029 Subsequent auto-update notifications have all worked since I wrote this. I just clicked to allow updating... no problems!

EDIT - 20170213 I now use the latest versions of TS3 Client and TSNotifier, both run as administrator. For reasons unknown, CLoD will not start on my system if TS3 programs are running. After game startup I run a full screen CLoD after which I have to leave the game with the "Windows" key, then start the TS3 programs, then return to the game for trouble free TeamSpeak.
    Last edited by Baffin; Feb-13-2017 at 20:26. Reason: Note on updates...
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

2. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Berserker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Re: TSNotifier Installed on Windows 10 x64

After speaking with others about this, there are apparently a number of programs that interfere with TSNotifier, not just MSI's Afterburner. The long and the short of this whole thing is that you don't have to go without TSNotifier. Take a little time to isolate your incompatible application and we should all be able to see who's speaking during CLoD.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    44.28 MB

I also was having trouble with TSNotifier and tried all of your suggestions and it still would not work in CLoD.

I spent a couple of hours investigating it and was fast becoming so frustrated with the whole thing. I got it working in my other games but not CloD until I noticed one small thing which was the simplest of fixes.

When you Click on "Edit gamesettings.ini" and insert [Launcher.exe] game.enabled=1 ensure you use an upper case L and not a lower case L as TSNotifier may not work in CLoD as I found out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
    EDIT 20151001 1104edst: I no sooner typed all this up, when TSNotifier failed to start. I have discovered that the popular overclocking program, "MSI Afterburner" was preventing TSNotifier from starting in Cliffs of Dover.

In order to get TSNotifier to start with MSI Afterburner installed, you should load TeamSpeak 3 Client and spawn an aircraft in IL-2: Cliffs of Dover before starting MSI Afterburner. You should see the TSN text scroll across the top of the in-cockpit screen. This indicates that TSN is active.

Then, if you want the convenient features of MSI Afterburner, simply hit the Windows key to exit to the desktop and start Afterburner normally. When you have finished, you may leave Afterburner running and return to CLoD with a click of it's icon in the lower left taskbar. TSNotifier will continue to operate. Incidentally, you do not have to spawn an aircraft before running Afterburner... TSN will work as long as "Launcher.exe" executes successfully.

end of edit...

After much weeping and gnashing of teeth, I finally got TSNotifier to work NORMALLY in Windows 10 x64 using IL-2: Cliffs of Dover! Here's what I did, step by step:

1. Windows 10 control panel: Uninstalled TSNotifier and TeamSpeak 3 Client.
    2. Downloaded and installed: [TeamSpeak3-Client-win64-3.0.18.exe]. This version is compatible with [TSNotifierV1.6.0.msi].
    3. Downloaded and installed: [TSNotifierV1.6.0.msi].
    4. Run IL-2: Cliffs of Dover. Spawn an airplane in multiplayer mode. There will be no TSNotifier text at this time.
    5. Exit the server. Then, exit the game to Windows 10 desktop.
    6. Open TeamSpeak 3 Client from the new shortcut.
    7. Observe the Easy to miss TSNotifier icon in the toolbar at screen lower right.
    8. Right Click the TSNotifier icon in the toolbar and chase through these options:
    8a. General... Check "Show Speaker", "Show Self", "Use Custom Nicknames (Contacts)", "Start with TS3".
    8b. General... Confirm that "Hardware Overlay" > "Enable" is NOT checked.
    8c. Click on "Edit gamesettings.ini". This opens a Notepad page.
    8d. Scroll through the items on this page to find:

[Launcher.exe]
    game.enabled=0

Change the zero to 1 so you now have:

[Launcher.exe]
    game.enabled=1

Save the [gamesettings.ini] file and close the notepad screen.

Close the TeamSpeak 3 Client.

The TSNotifier icon will remain active. Close it by Right Clicking it in the toolbar and selecting "Quit". Failure to do so will result in a Windows warning the next time you try to start TeamSpeak 3 Client. It does not hurt anything, but is just another unwanted message.

Start TeamSpeak 3 Client with the desktop shortcut and confirm the TSNotifier toolbar icon comes into view.
    Start "IL-2: Cliffs of Dover". After spawning an aircraft, a white text announcing TSNotifier active will scroll across the top. You are now good to go. Set your colors and other preferences if desired.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Ultra Durable GA-H97-HD3. CPU Intel i7-4790 @ 3.60 GHz
    GPU NVidia Geforce GTX 980, Memory 32 GB, Power supply 1000 watts. Monitor BenQ XL2730Z, 2560 x 1440 Native Resolution
    CH Products Joystick, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog throttle quadrant, Saiteck pedals.
    Trackir 5

5. Likes Combat Wombat, ATAG_Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Alt tab.

Works every time.

勝って兜の緒を締めよ

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ashikaga View Post
    Alt tab.

Works every time.

Maybe I'm missing something here?

[ALT+TAB] or [CTL+ALT+TAB] only cycles through the open windows in Windows 10.

SOURCE: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

What does that have to do with TSNotifier?
    Last edited by Baffin; Nov-09-2015 at 09:58.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Missed this thread....so it maybe time for me to spend another 24 hours trying to figure it out...Never had any joy with TSNotifier, Overlay, Wolf...

I hear folks talking about programs that are incompatible but I wouldn't have the faintest idea of how to find them......Any help on that would be...er...well...helpful

My issue seems to be that when I go to TS and Settings then Plugins..the TS ones are always redded out....
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel