Thread: Do I always have to start IL-2 CoD as administrator?

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Do I always have to start IL-2 CoD as administrator?

Microsoft finally convinced me to do the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Yes, I know, I'm weak... Most of my games seems to work (mostly racing games and flight sims) and that also goes for IL-2 CoD after updating it with the Team Fusion mod. Nice work guys!

During the installation process I was told to the start the game as an administrator - must I continue doing this after the game is completely updated or can I start it from the Steam GUI?

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Mindle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    911.26 MB

Do I always have to start IL-2 CoD as administrator?

I open steam first then just close it again. It remains running in the background. I can then run CloD from the launcher shortcut icon on the desktop.

Windows 10 64-bit; Intel Core i5-4670K @ 3.4 GHz Processor; 16.0 GB RAM; NVIDIA GTX970; TM Warthog HOTAS; MFG Crosswinds; Track IR5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Do I always have to start IL-2 CoD as administrator?

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyCyclist View Post
    Microsoft finally convinced me to do the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Yes, I know, I'm weak... Most of my games seems to work (mostly racing games and flight sims) and that also goes for IL-2 CoD after updating it with the Team Fusion mod. Nice work guys!

During the installation process I was told to the start the game as an administrator - must I continue doing this after the game is completely updated or can I start it from the Steam GUI?
    Run the game "As administrator" help in save configs - the Windows UAC can prevents the game write .INI files in Documents... help in use external keymapers, e.g joy2Key, Xpadder... run some capture soft', e.g. OBS...

I create a shortcut for the Launcher, set "as administrator" in then, and dont start the game inside STEAM - dont see benefit in this.

4. Likes Stormrider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

If you change the permissions on the folders (install and my documents) you should be able to run it as normal user.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    89.17 MB

Enable the handy Administrator account:

By default, the built-in Administrator account is hidden. To enable it , launch the Command Prompt as Administrator and type net user administrator /active:yes Now, logout to see the newly added Administrator account on the login screen.

Got this out of MaximumPC this month, maybe it will help.

Gaidin
    Last edited by JG27-Gaidin; Oct-19-2015 at 14:34. Reason: Typo

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    If you change the permissions on the folders (install and my documents) you should be able to run it as normal user.
    Is more easy set "as administrator" in the game shortcut.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    226.63 MB

Could be off topic but a problem here in the vanilla version

hey guys one of my squadmates has left for a while and now returned. Somehow his system running win 10, was working just fine, now hangs on the mod screen. I uninstalled the entire thing renamed the mod folder to mod2 and then reinstalled the game from steam. Result is no joy, starts vs redist starts steam says player is playing 1l2 but nothing else happens. Now mind you this is just vanilla. If you can't get vanilla to run installing the mods does no good so i'm kinda stuck here and you guys are the smartest I know about this what should I try for him next???
    Last edited by TWC_Fatal_Error; Dec-09-2015 at 08:01.
    i7 2700 ,32 gigs, 4 ssd's ,1 7200rpm 2terabyte,1 samsung 55 display,2 mfd's,EDTRACKER,Warthog ,X55 stick, 7inch liliput monitor in mfd's 21 I-inc secondary display for instruments using virtual cockpit
    [*]iustus facere unus[*] JUST MAKE ONE ( FATAL ERROR) Commander TWC http://twcpilots.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Hi Fatal,

Try installing the first TF patch (TF 3.0) onto the vanilla, then try running Clod. Others with Win 10 have found this works and they have gone on to install the successive TF patches with no prob.

With Win 8.1 and Win 10, the vanilla version will only run with two extra files in the core IL2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover folder (Cloder.dll and Cloder.exe -- the .exe that launches vanilla Clod).

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    376.42 MB

Really? I never did start it as Administrator how weird is that. I just start it from Steam and it works
    Last edited by ATAG_((dB)); Dec-09-2015 at 10:01.
    It takes an airplane to bring out the worst in a pilot.
    ((dB)) youTube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Welcome to the community and forums SkinnyCyclist ...~S~

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It will save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve anyway..

Beginners Guide Link Here

Windows Management Guide

Also try youtube for startup procedures on all the aircraft...

I recommend getting in the online server as soon as you can take off if that's ultimately where you'd like to fly...I flew single player for 30 minutes before I took the plunge...The ATAG online server is a great environment to learn and there's not really any damage you can do in there as a new player.....It is also mission based just with real players trying to foil your objectives...If you are concerned then pick an airstrip furthest from the front line (there always is one or two on every map) and get some alt before you go hunting...You'll get tagged a lot but there are tricks you learn out of pure desperation in those first few weeks that you'll be able to use later...I know cos I still use the same tricks I learned then too because they work...and never underestimate the stall to get you out of a tight fix...That sometimes works too...TeamSpeak is optional but you'll learn a whole lot faster with it even if you say very little....

Here are a few fun, helpful and interesting links amongst these forums

Most Watched CLOD Videos

Easy Allied CEM for New Players

Joystick and Hardware Thread

ATAG Forum Age Poll Results

Nvidea Control Panel Settings

Downloads

Contact Spotting Test

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and remember its all about the Fun!!!

and Please take a moment to let us know how you came to find CLOD so as we get an idea of what we can do to get the word out there in a bigger way.

How Did You Find CLOD?

...Lew...
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

12. Likes ATAG_((dB)) liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Smile Re: Do I always have to start IL-2 CoD as administrator?

Thanks, ATAG_Lewis! This was most helpfull - the coming weeks sparetime will be devoted to following your advice!

14. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post