Thread: TS Perma Ban

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

TS Perma Ban

Was on the Atag teamspeak last night with my mic muted (kids were sleeping). Some other dude started spamming the channel with music. Best part was he seemed to spam it every time I got on a Spitfires 6, totally throwing me off.
    Anyway, someone thought it was me and I got banned. Atag Invictus said he lifted the ban, but it seems like I still can't connect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: TS Perma Ban

OK, at your earliest opportunity give it another try, you should now again have full access. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Snapper
    Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; Nov-08-2015 at 10:51. Reason: ban removed

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Yep, I'm all set now. I'll be on, silently listening away.....

4. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    241.13 MB

Sorry again, Walsh. As I stated on chat, I was the one that banned you because I misheard what the others were saying i.e. I thought they said it was you. I tried "unbanning" you and thought I had done so. But I see I must have dorked that up too. Obviously. This is why I normally let other ATAGers do the "Administrator" stuff i.e. I typically dork it up.

Once again, very sorry for the trouble and hope you don't hold it against ATAG.
    Vae Victis!

"He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight." - Sun Tzu

Come watch the fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    63.02 MB

@ ATAG_Invictus

ATAG_Wolf
    Coursair 16GB (4x 4GB), DDR3-1600MHz
    Gainward Nvidia 980GTX
    850-Watt Modular Power Supply
    WIN10 and COD on Gskill SSD 240GB
    40" Panasonic LCD
    TrackIR5 +
    Thrustmaster Warthog stick, throttle & pedals

7. Likes invictus84 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Invictus View Post
    Sorry again, Walsh. As I stated on chat, I was the one that banned you because I misheard what the others were saying i.e. I thought they said it was you. I tried "unbanning" you and thought I had done so. But I see I must have dorked that up too. Obviously. This is why I normally let other ATAGers do the "Administrator" stuff i.e. I typically dork it up.

Once again, very sorry for the trouble and hope you don't hold it against ATAG.
    Don't be too hard on yourself, Invictus. In an identical situation a few months ago it took me numerous attempts to figure out how to "unban" a TS client. Luckily for me, the banned player was as patient and gracious as Walsh and worked with me to help me figure it out.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

9. Likes invictus84 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Yeah, it was no problem at all. Now I've got people sleeping while I'm on, so I can't be screaming and swearing every time if get shot down out of nowhere. Hope you guys don't mind that I'm silent on teamspeak; once you get used to the situational awareness it's impossible to fly without it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Walsh,

Don't be too hard on yourself. I suspect that every one of us spews out a line of expletive bilge now and then. The answer is very simple... use a "Press to Talk" (PTT) button. Then you can cuss away and no one hears it except you, your wife, the children, the visiting minister, etc., etc. It's also realistic. However... watch out for the inevitable "Stuck" mike!

A PTT button is also one answer to poor online communications manners. It is really boring to have to listen to a couple of "dudes" going on and on with "Hot" mikes, while the rest of us are trying to keep from dying at the hands of the enemy. For those that must chatter endlessly, please consider using a separate TeamSpeak channel.

"If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." ...Thumper the rabbit
    Last edited by Baffin; Nov-29-2015 at 08:23.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

12. Likes ATAG_Snapper, invictus84 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    241.13 MB

I have PTT.... sadly I also have a bad habit of being a bit too chatty (see my videos if you dont believe me).

Sometimes I think I should just TS ban myself and be done with it.
    Vae Victis!

"He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight." - Sun Tzu

Come watch the fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

PTT is a MUST!

I can't tell you how many times I've jumped because, while a complete silence on TS, someone cough.

15. Likes JG27-Gaidin liked this post