Thread: A letter from China funs

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    209.65 MB

A letter from China funs

Dear Team fusion group:

I am a COD TF MOD fun from China, and we have a lot of friends who like your mod and also COD just like me, but you know Chinese are familiar with Chinese language, so it will be grateful if you can give us some guide for making a Chinese version. We all know that your team have being very busy on updating the TF MOD, so we can do the translate work, but need your help to insert the CHINESE language into your fantastic MOD.You know we are trying to let more people to know COD and your TF MOD, we believe that we can bring more friends to join us if we have a Chinese language MOD, or a Chinese language version.We also hope that your team and TF MOD will be better and better in the future, and bring us more surprise, thank you very much for your great effort and wait for your reply.

Best regards

Our page:http://bbs.dof.cn/index.php?showforum=262
    Our QQ group: 205014465

My ID:hipparch
    E-mail:alexzrd@163.com

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    209.65 MB

Re: A letter from China funs

if it is possible。。。。

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Thanks for the PM and this post too. We need to have a look and see if the software supports the Chinese Character set. Appreciate please this is not a priority but it is something we can ha e a look at when and if time allows. Don't give up hope but if it can be done and we can find someone to do the translations it could happen.....just can't say yes or no at the moment.

Cheers, MP
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

4. Likes InvaderZim, BOO liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by hipparch View Post
    Dear Team fusion group:

I am a COD TF MOD fun from China, and we have a lot of friends who like your mod and also COD just like me, but you know Chinese are familiar with Chinese language, so it will be grateful if you can give us some guide for making a Chinese version. We all know that your team have being very busy on updating the TF MOD, so we can do the translate work, but need your help to insert the CHINESE language into your fantastic MOD.You know we are trying to let more people to know COD and your TF MOD, we believe that we can bring more friends to join us if we have a Chinese language MOD, or a Chinese language version.We also hope that your team and TF MOD will be better and better in the future, and bring us more surprise, thank you very much for your great effort and wait for your reply.

Best regards

Our page:http://bbs.dof.cn/index.php?showforum=262
    Our QQ group: 205014465

My ID:hipparch
    E-mail:alexzrd@163.com
    Wow, this is cool Never thought there are people playing this game in China. Gr8 stuff. I can help you guys with translating and then mutual proofreading since I studied Chinese.
    But my question is what would need to be translated? The in-game chat? The text in the menu and options?

MACHETTTTTE or 卓群

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Quote Originally Posted by MACHETTTTTE View Post
    But my question is what would need to be translated? The in-game chat? The text in the menu and options?

MACHETTTTTE or 卓群
    Good question
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    209.65 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    Good question
    Dear Mysticpuma and MACHETTTTTE,thank you very much for your kindly reply.
    Now we have more and more CLOD players in China, and more than 70 members in our QQ group.we believe CLOD will have more attractive if we have a Chinese language version.
    About the content of Chinese version, we think it would be great if it can include of all the menus, especially the control & plane menu, single mission,and the radar information in red which on the top of the screen when in game.
    Perhaps the sever message and chat message can not be translated in Chinese,otherwise we can not communicate with friends speaking English.
    We are also intrested to know that whether the Chinese version will be a patch that can be installed or we will get some methods so that we can modify ourselves,or any other form.
    Meanwhile, we all understand that TF group must be very busy on V5.0 updating, so all these issue can wait until you are free.
    Of course, these also depend on whether the COD can supports Chinese characters.
    Thanks for your concern and wait for your news.

BTW, we welcome 卓群 to join our QQ group, here you will have a lot of Chinese friends who love CLOD.You just need to download a QQ.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by hipparch View Post
    we think it would be great if it can include of all the menus, especially the control & plane menu, single mission,and the radar information in red which on the top of the screen when in game.
    Perhaps the sever message and chat message can not be translated in Chinese,otherwise we can not communicate with friends speaking English.
    OK, I think I can translate that, but first I would need some help from Team Fusion members to somehow extract the text to be translated (or at least just a tiny bit for testing) and then check if we can put back in the translation (don't know if CLoD can display Chinese characters correctly). Is that possible?

Thanks 4 the invitation, I will join soon

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    209.65 MB

Quote Originally Posted by MACHETTTTTE View Post
    OK, I think I can translate that, but first I would need some help from Team Fusion members to somehow extract the text to be translated (or at least just a tiny bit for testing) and then check if we can put back in the translation (don't know if CLoD can display Chinese characters correctly). Is that possible?

Thanks 4 the invitation, I will join soon
    yes we have the same question with u,the interface between the English version and Chinese

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

What need be translate is only text files (no .DLL involved).

This files are inside the folder $core\i18n\, inside game SFS files.

You guys can extract this files from STEAM installed CloD version (no TF MOD installed) using Keygets.dll and add back after for test purpose as -MOD.

Make a copy of the game inside SteamApps for other place for do this test, so no mess you normal copy.

But this MOD will be not compatible with Team Fusion MOD.

Hereafter if TF has interest and the game engine have no problem with Chinese character - with the above suggested test you guys will know - this translation maybe can be integrated to their MOD, as explained by Mysticpanda, err, Mysticpuma.

The translations available in game besides English: French, Spanish, Czech... are bad done (probable using Rustran).
    Even the English have some errors, e.g the infamous "Afterburner" for Boost/WEP fixed in previous TF patch, or bad meaning like the "Toggle Selected Engine" - should be "Start Selected Engine" and other issues, like some words not in English.

Sample of translation done be fan, for Portuguese-BR, until now not integrated to TF MOD.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ad.php?t=10750

Mysticpuma

What can be done - without additional work for Team Fusion is use the solution that MOD did for il-2'46.

Make the folder i-18n accessible for users - they are only text files - this allow people do their own translation, and add to their own game copy, without be -MOD.

During SoW development I ask the same for Oleg, they promise look with the programmer... and the rest... is history.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Dec-03-2015 at 02:41.

11. Likes Basha, Michael88, bf109, DeXaÏ_☨ liked this post
    Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    209.65 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    What need be translate is only text files (no .DLL involved).

This files are inside the folder $core\i18n\, inside game SFS files.

You guys can extract this files from STEAM installed CloD version (no TF MOD installed) using Keygets.dll and add back after for test purpose as -MOD.

Make a copy of the game inside SteamApps for other place for do this test, so no mess you normal copy.

But this MOD will be not compatible with Team Fusion MOD.

Hereafter if TF has interest and the game engine have no problem with Chinese character - with the above suggested test you guys will know - this translation maybe can be integrated to their MOD, as explained by Mysticpanda, err, Mysticpuma.

The translations available in game besides English: French, Spanish, Czech... are bad done (probable using Rustran).
    Even the English have some errors, e.g the infamous "Afterburner" for Boost/WEP fixed in previous TF patch, or bad meaning like the "Toggle Selected Engine" - should be "Start Selected Engine" and other issues, like some words not in English.

Sample of translation done be fan, for Portuguese-BR, until now not integrated to TF MOD.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ad.php?t=10750

Mysticpuma

What can be done - without additional work for Team Fusion is use the solution that MOD did for il-2'46.

Make the folder i-18n accessible for users - they are only text files - this allow people do their own translation, and add to their own game copy, without be -MOD.

During SoW development I ask the same for Oleg, they promise look with the programmer... and the rest... is history.
    thank you a lot!
    I tried it but the CLOD steam version did not work,i click launcher.exe but nothing happens.My system is win10,many others have the same problem.
    I shall continue trying...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

The STEAM version in Win 10 (and 8) need CloDer.exe as Launcher.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=36078

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    209.65 MB

The STEAM version in Win 10 (and 8) need CloDer.exe as Launcher.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=36078
    111.jpg

really appreciate it,Chinese character set is OK,but if the translation is not compatible with Team Fusion MOD as you say,it is still an eye candy。。。

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Hi and thanks for your work on this

So it looks like you have managed to add the Chinese language to the Sim, which is great news

So the next thing to do is follow the steps you took to.change the intro text and do it with all the text. Once done, send it to us in a .rar file and we can send it to our coder to.add for v5.00 release. Then, once it comes out you'll have the option to choose Chinese

Cheers, MP

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    209.65 MB

So it looks like you have managed to add the Chinese language to the Sim, which is great news

So the next thing to do is follow the steps you took to.change the intro text and do it with all the text. Once done, send it to us in a .rar file and we can send it to our coder to.add for v5.00 release. Then, once it comes out you'll have the option to choose Chinese

Cheers, MP
    wao! it is really the best news I shall come back to tell our guys to start work soon~
    great thanks to 1lokos again~

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

I see great opportunities here, boosting the online player number with 70 in a day, adding China into this world would like being adding a new world of possibilities. And with players from Australia online it should not be a problem . Man this is great news

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    209.65 MB

Cheers, MP
    1.jpg
    2.jpg

The translation in game can not be shown normally...
    Only the menu parts work
    How can I solve the problem?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

How you change the game language, in conf.ini

culture=en-GB <<<<

China is cn or zh-cn

In the text files you add Chinese translation replacing English or add code for Chinese (as above), and at Chinese text after others?

category key en ru cs FR de it pl es <<<< ?
    cockpit cockpit.Nil Nil Нуль Nula Zéro Null Nulla Zero Cero 零 <<<<?

As the main menu "wpf.txt" was translated correct, seems the game engine/DLL recognize Chinese characters.

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    209.65 MB

How you change the game language, in conf.ini

culture=en-GB <<<<

China is cn or zh-cn

In the text files you add Chinese translation replacing English or add code for Chinese (as above), and at Chinese text after others?

category key en ru cs FR de it pl es <<<< ?
    cockpit cockpit.Nil Nil Нуль Nula Zéro Null Nulla Zero Cero 零 <<<<?

As the main menu "wpf.txt" was translated correct, seems the game engine/DLL recognize Chinese characters.
    I added Chinese translation replacing English before.

I didnot find "culture=en-GB" in conf.ini,so i added it under the [core],then change it to "culture=zh-CN".

the text file:

category key en ru cs FR de it pl es zh
    cockpit cockpit.I_Altitude Altitude Высота Výška Altitude Höhe Quota Pułap Altitud 高度计

Is that correct? but it didn't work,still English.I think that i didn't spell or put them correctly.
    Last edited by hipparch; Dec-08-2015 at 04:22.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Yes, I test there and if I add the 高度计 after other languages the game don't load the text from -mod folder, but load pictures modified.

If I replace the English words with 高度计 the files is load, but is show only the box instead letters, as in your example, what is expected.

What is curious is that in your case part of text, the menus are loaded correctly.

Try adding the -debug in Laucher.xe shortcut, to see if the error is pointed.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Dec-08-2015 at 10:36.

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    209.65 MB

Yes, I test there and if I add the 高度计 after other languages the game don't load the text from -mod folder, but load pictures modified.

If I replace the English words with 高度计 the files is load, but is show only the box instead letters, as in your example, what is expected.

What is curious is that in your case part of text, the menus are loaded correctly.

Try adding the -debug in Laucher.xe shortcut, to see if the error is pointed.

I doubt that where "culture=zh-CN" put is not correct,as other parameters under [core] are 0,1,2
    are u sure the spelling and where it should been insterted are all correct?
    I did as your way above but the menu cannot load Chinese translation either.Only replacing the English words is effective.
    Last edited by hipparch; Dec-08-2015 at 21:12.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

A new language has to be added by TF but you can indeed test changing an existing one.
    What you shown on the cockpit instruments is what I was afraid of. It might need more than just adding a new language for non ASCII characters to show up there.

Edit:
    In DirectX graphics, an image containing all possible characters is normally used in order to show text on screen. What I see complicated is creating an image with 10000 different characters
    Last edited by ATAG_Colander; Dec-08-2015 at 21:25.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

I can mix English and Chinese in main menus - 2D interface in CloD - but in game all changes result in 。。。on pop-ups, HUD messages, or orders message,
    as Mr. "Escorredor de Macarrão" explained related with DirectX/3D Interface...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Mr. "Escorredor de Macarrão"

In spanish: Escurridor de macarrones

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hmm, I speak Chinese, 'cause I'm a Chinese...

27. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Resurrected from the depths of the forums.

Sent Hipparch an email

29. Likes BOO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Resurrected from the depths of the forums.

Sent Hipparch an email
    Mystic! I love your new colors! Welcome back my brotha!
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

31. Likes ATAG_Snapper, BOO liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Ribbs View Post
    Mystic! I love your new colors! Welcome back my brotha!
    Well spotted Ribbsy.

When did that occur MP?

As Ribbs says welcome back and great to see.

o7
    "A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

33. Likes BOO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

I kinda feel like we should throw him a surprise party... Where we all hide in a dark chat room..and wait for him to come in..
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

35. Likes ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Ribbs View Post
    I kinda feel like we should throw him a surprise party... Where we all hide in a dark chat room..and wait for him to come in..
    He's a big fella. And big fellas can get a bit "throwy" when surprised....
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"