Thread: Problem after upgrade

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    92.3 KB

Problem after upgrade

After an upgrade CloD is not working well.

Menus and interface maps are distorted, and after a while occur CTDs

I do not know if the problem is win 10 or my new hardware, but I have played with win10 without problems before...

My new hardware:

Processor i5 660K
    HX421C14FB/8 Mem Kingston Gamer HyperX Fury 8GB
    Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard
    VGA EVGA GeForce GTX770 SuperClocked w/ ACX Cooling 2GB GDDR5 256-Bit
    Windows 10 64 bits

I have attached a picture of what happens with maps ..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Re: Problem after upgrade

I have the same issue, also with the menus as described in this thread.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ad.php?t=17299

I have the same mobo, need to check if there is some overlay software bundled in the mobo thats maybe doing it.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Ok, maybe this helps some other folks.
    Managed to get the menus glitch sorted.
    Not my video but the bit where he scrolls through the menu is exaclty what I experienced, patched up to latest tf patch.

1.Locate the Launcher.exe in the steam apps folder and right click, then properties/compatibility and select run as win7. I tried 8 first but it had the same result regarding menus, no worky worky .
    2.Launch the game from the launcher.exe (that you just changed to run as 7 in the steamapps folder)
    Check menu, it was fine for me. Close game

Note to check: At this point both the shortcuts created during install to launch the game, on the desktop and also directly via steam interface are subsequently useless! They both crash when tried.
    The launcher.exe in the steamapps folder works though.

Here's the odd/interesting thing!
    I then went back to the launcher.exe in steamapps, unticked compatibility, and retried. It all worked and menus fine.
    I then checked both the original desktop shortcut, and launching through steam, both worked and menus fine.

Seems it needs a kick in the arse a bit, with a suitable boot in compatibility mode first by adjusting the launcher.exe to boot for Win 7 compatibility, then you can revert back (untick compatibility) and it all looks good.

Hope it helps.
    Last edited by Vlerkies; Jan-25-2016 at 12:26.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    92.3 KB

Thanks for the help! But unhappy didnt work... I am trying to catch what asus service maybe cause the glitchs...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    660.92 MB

Do you guys use sweetFX/ Reshade? Cause this type of corruption occurs when running Reshade under Win7 64bit and is caused by the menu being DX9 but somehow incorrectly hooking. A fix for Reshade is underway. However I dont think there is legacy support for DX9 under Win10? Or there was borked update and it got removed.. something like that. I dont use Win10.
    Last edited by rel4y; Feb-04-2016 at 07:39.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Not me. Mine worked fine with 7/64. Built a new machine with fresh 10/64 instal and installed, then hit snags.
    Mine seems to load ok now, no anomalies but I haven't been flying at all other than quick flips offline, so can't say if it is 100%, just seems normal

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Well today I tried to get some time in and it is all messed up again.

At a loss

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I experienced the same issue when using sweetfx in reshade.me.

Try disabling sweetfx or similar software.

While researching this issue.. programs that have overlays can cause similar issues.
    Setup:
    CPU: i7 950 3.07 GHz RAM: Corsair Dominator 32 GB GPU: EVGA gtx 970
    Headset: Shiny Tracking: TrackiR5 with ProClip Joystick: Saitek x52 Pro Pedals: Saitek Combat Rudder

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

No sweetfx or reshade installed.
    Its a fresh machine, brand new hardware and new install of win 10.

i6700k/980ti/32gbram

My main problem really is troubleshooting.
    I have the game on disc, bought it way back when men were men and sheep were nervous, but the disc is damaged now.
    I have downloaded the entire thing twice from steam already trying to troubleshoot with no luck.

Here's a pic of my disc.

There are some corrupt sectors on there from scratches rendering it useless.
    If it is possible for anyone to upload the 2 files I need to make a new disc or iso I would be very appreciative of the effort.
    I have managed to copy everything from the disc with the exception of the following 2 files.

The main one I am after is;
    disk1_1.sid

The other one I think I have copied correctly (no way to check) but its the disk1_2.sid

If I can get these files, I can at least reconstitute a disc/iso or something and troubleshoot from there.

Where I live, downloading something like this everytime and reinstalling (multiple times) is not an option due to high (massively prohibitive bandwidth costs)
    I have tried already twice on steam full downloads from scratch
    I have all patches on file.

If anyone can upload these for me and pm a pvt dl link I would really appreciate it.
    thx

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    660.92 MB

It has absolutely nothing to do with your disk, download or whatever. It is a pure DX9 problem. As mentioned it can also be caused by overlays which hook into the render engine. Do you use any programs which hook into DirectX?

PS: Steam checks file integrity, so your files wont be corrupted after an install. Furthermore you can validate (vanilla) files manually via steam. Maybe you could try installing the CloD DirectX redist binaries, though I dont know if that works under Win10 (DirectX12).
    Last edited by rel4y; Feb-05-2016 at 18:24.

11. Likes Vlerkies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by rel4y View Post
    It has absolutely nothing to do with your disk, download or whatever. It is a pure DX9 problem. As mentioned it can also be caused by overlays which hook into the render engine. Do you use any programs which hook into DirectX?

PS: Steam checks file integrity, so your files wont be corrupted after an install. Furthermore you can validate (vanilla) files manually via steam. Maybe you could try installing the CloD DirectX redist binaries, though I dont know if that works under Win10 (DirectX12).
    Hi, thank you for the response.
    The disc is not recoverable, unless I get the above files as mentioned.

On overlays.
    I honestly cannot say for sure but i have tried to check everywhere. What I can say is I have never used sweetfx or reshade ever. Never ever. Not even my old Win7 machine.

I have a Asus Maximus VIII board now and have looked high and low for any overlay software, nothing found.
    I have a 980ti, also asus, with default nvidia drivers.
    I have turned on and off shadowplay to no effect.

Its a brand new machine with brand new instal win 10, no funny business (Clod from steam, as my disc is poked)

edit: the disc is poked. If it wasnt it would instal and not hang. The only reason I went or reverted to steam download was because the disc itself would not complete the instal anymore.
    Trying to make an iso or copy the disc highlights the 2 files I have mentioned that are no longer readable.
    Last edited by Vlerkies; Feb-05-2016 at 18:53.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

But there's no point in use the disk install - besides the serial key - as STEAM will download all updated game after insert the disk.

To not say in old configs with commands no longer used in this disk...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    But there's no point in use the disk install - besides the serial key - as STEAM will download all updated game after insert the disk.

To not say in old configs with commands no longer used in this disk...
    To me there is, because I don't have to run a multi GB download from steam all the time to reinstall this sim to try and get it working.
    If I was on a fiber connection with unlimited bandwidth I would not be asking, but Im not.

But never mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Progress.

The problem child seems to be Asus Sonic Suite.

I have managed to reproduce and fix and create the problem multiple times now simply by killing it and turning it on again without restarting the machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Fix

17. Likes Gh0st liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    660.92 MB

Im glad you were able to solve it. grats!

19. Likes Vlerkies liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    92.3 KB

Thanks Vlerkies! The glitches are gone now...

21. Likes Vlerkies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Excellent news!

At least future Asus board owners have at least one avenue to try and resolve issues now as we have the same boards and software that came with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Vlerkies View Post
    Excellent news!

At least future Asus board owners have at least one avenue to try and resolve issues now as we have the same boards and software that came with it.
    Great news... I've been eyeing the same configuration as per pcgamers recommendation. I'll watch the video when I get home.
    Thanks.
    Setup:
    CPU: i7 950 3.07 GHz RAM: Corsair Dominator 32 GB GPU: EVGA gtx 970
    Headset: Shiny Tracking: TrackiR5 with ProClip Joystick: Saitek x52 Pro Pedals: Saitek Combat Rudder

24. Likes Vlerkies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
    Great news... I've been eyeing the same configuration as per pcgamers recommendation. I'll watch the video when I get home.
    Thanks.
    Hi Ghost, its just the Asus Sonic Suite app bundled in with the motherboard software that conflicts with Cliffs.
    Simply turning it off or setting it not to load at bootup will solve the problem it creates with DirectX.