Thread: Hi from sunny Devon UK

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    141.28 MB

Hi from sunny Devon UK

Hi all, i actually bought il-2 yonks ago but never played it mainly because my skill level is below zero, but i recently discovered that awesome vid " The beginning of the end" and wow..... you guys have turned it into something special and i have been flying now for a few weeks. I have only been playing single player as i find the whole multiplayer a bit intimidating because i'm so rubbish. Anyway saying that i did have a quick flight on your server and picked an air field far away from anyone else so not to cause an air disaster, well the level of difficulty was certainly different but i took off and landed in my Spit easy enough but my trackir 5 would only view at 90 degrees. I could not look behind ? Anyway my adrenaline was through the roof and after suffering 2 heart attacks in real life thought i'd better take a rest. Anyway thanks for a great game.

2. Likes ZoRPA, Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.09 MB

Re: Hi from sunny Devon UK

Hi Andy and greetings from sub-tropical Hampshire.

You seem like a game sort of cove so why don't you make your way over to the Storm of War server on Sunday and join in with the Long War campaign, because the RAF is going to need every volunteer we can get.

Our nation currently faces a situation of grave peril from the Luftwaffe and its despicable acolytes!

More info can be found here:

http://stormofwar.org/phpBB3/

(Can't help you with the TIR issue, sorry, because I use Opentrack, but somebody over there may be able to assist you with it.)
    Last edited by Vortice; Mar-02-2016 at 19:11.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10273&dateline=145255  6551
    Ignem Mortemque Despuimus

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Welcome to the community and forums Andyj...~S~

I need to tell you about online multiplayer on the ATAG server.....Ability is secondary.....We have players from all over the world..from 15 years old to folks in their late 70s...First and foremost it is about community...All you need is PC that will play CLOD and an interest in WW2 aviation....The rest is optional.....Please don't think for a minute our server and TS is full of competitive players...it simply isn,t....Its about the fun.....Thats it.....You could join our TS and simply listen to folks play...they come and go....some are serious...some are just checking in for 10 minutes......Its like your favourite pub...only folks all have the same interest.....You really need to check it out.....just say hi then listen.....That,ll give you an idea of what the server is like....I hope you take the plunge....cos sometimes those things you first think aren,t really whats going on...and you might miss a pure gem....and new friends...Please try it..

Devon......I am from Torquay

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It will save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve anyway..

Beginners Guide Link Here

Windows Management Guide

Also try youtube for startup procedures on all the aircraft...

I recommend getting in the online server as soon as you can take off if that's ultimately where you'd like to fly...I flew single player for 30 minutes before I took the plunge...The ATAG online server is a great environment to learn and there's not really any damage you can do in there as a new player.....It is also mission based just with real players trying to foil your objectives...If you are concerned then pick an airstrip furthest from the front line (there always is one or two on every map) and get some alt before you go hunting...You'll get tagged a lot but there are tricks you learn out of pure desperation in those first few weeks that you'll be able to use later...I know cos I still use the same tricks I learned then too because they work...and never underestimate the stall to get you out of a tight fix...That sometimes works too...TeamSpeak is optional but you'll learn a whole lot faster with it even if you say very little....

Here are a few fun, helpful and interesting links amongst these forums

Most Watched CLOD Videos

Easy Allied CEM for New Players

Joystick and Hardware Thread

ATAG Forum Age Poll Results

Nvidea Control Panel Settings

Downloads

Contact Spotting Test

and....Don't forget to keep up with the latest on the TeamFusion new aircraft and patch news...You could well be AMAZED!

TeamFusion Facebook Updates

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and remember its all about the Fun!!!

and Please take a moment to let us know how you came to find CLOD so as we get an idea of what we can do to get the word out there in a bigger way.

How Did You Find CLOD?

...Lew...
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Mar-02-2016 at 19:52.
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by andyj View Post
    ... but my trackir 5 would only view at 90 degrees. I could not look behind ?
    Hi andyj and welcome to the forum.

Your trackir problem might have been caused by being in the "zoom to gun-sight view", which will restrict your view in just the way you describe.

Just a thought old bean.

Septic.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.09 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Septic View Post
    Hi andyj and welcome to the forum.

Your trackir problem might have been caused by being in the "zoom to gun-sight view", which will restrict your view in just the way you describe.

Just a thought old bean.

Septic.
    Ah, I see what you mean now. Like this perhaps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fth10VOdi08

(Watch it from 21:41 onwards to see this happening)
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10273&dateline=145255  6551

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    141.28 MB

Yep that's about what happened. So tonight i looked through my settings and had a go on the server and it all worked just fine. I didn't change anything so thats good, i felt just like the guy in the clip but now feel encouraged . Had a flight up and down the south coast got shot at for the first time and managed to evade him then turn upside down during my landing because the mission ended..lol. Luv it Thanks guys for the help.

8. Likes ATAG_Septic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Hi andyj

Welcome to the madhouse. Ask as many questions as you need to on the forums, you will get the help you require.

Hi from sunny Devon UK
    as you can see from Vortice's response, you are not alone amongst the optimists here .

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Welcome to the online community Flieger!
    The whole Stab I./JG 51 wish you to have tons of fun during your online experience!
    In the case you will need help to getting started with the game join Teamspeak and you will find a lot of senior pilots available to help you moving the first steps in the game.
    Personally speaking feel free to contact any of our pilots ( recognizable by the Stab I./JG 51 tag preceding their usernames ) every time that you could need help we will be more than happy to help you, if in our possibilities!
    Welcome aboard!

Salute!

Maj Robert Mölders,
    Gruppenkommandeur,
    Stab I./JG 51
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Hi Andyj, from a fellow new and probably even more rubbish pilot. Success for me is not shooting down the enemy, but getting airbourne without crashing and knowing where I am when I do get airbourne. I have ventured online a few times myself, mainly on server #2, and have been helped a lot, and been given a lot of good advice. I am sure that we will get there in the end, and Devon is a great part of the country by the way, having a week there in June

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    141.28 MB

Thanks all for the welcome, very freindly bunch.

@Laserlight. Landing and taking off isn't to much of a problem for me but keeping the radiator cool is.I tried a few times online but i'm not sure about picking my plane in multiplayer so i was a bit reluctant to practise. I picked the white logo over an airfield and it said about forming a group, anyway i picked this twice and created my plane then it wasn't available again so i'm worried i used up everyones planes. and probably was the reason england may have lost the war oh dear....

Anyway i have got teamspeak going now i just gotta find some time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.09 MB

@Laserlight. Landing and taking off isn't to much of a problem for me but keeping the radiator cool is.I tried a few times online but i'm not sure about picking my plane in multiplayer so i was a bit reluctant to practise. I picked the white logo over an airfield and it said about forming a group, anyway i picked this twice and created my plane then it wasn't available again so i'm worried i used up everyones planes. and probably was the reason england may have lost the war oh dear....

Nah, it was just a test session and they are having a few technical issues. Same thing happened to me and I have reported it to the server admins. Should be fixed soon so nothing to worry about on your part.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Same as me. I cannot find the time to put into the game to get myself up to speed. I got taught how to take off in the Hurricane first time I was online, (spitfire is harder). Thought I had cracked it, but next time online I was crashing again, and when I did get airbourne I haven't a clue about navigating!!! Going on the servers is very much throwing yourself in at the deep end, but I guess it is the quickest way to learn the game. I always end up leaving burning wrecks all over the airfield, so that is why I tend to go on the second server, wouldn't want to put any important runways out of action for the real pilots!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    141.28 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Vortice View Post
    Nah, it was just a test session and they are having a few technical issues. Same thing happened to me and I have reported it to the server admins. Should be fixed soon so nothing to worry about on your part.
    Well thats reassuring thank god.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    141.28 MB

Quote Originally Posted by laserlight View Post
    Same as me. I cannot find the time to put into the game to get myself up to speed. I got taught how to take off in the Hurricane first time I was online, (spitfire is harder). Thought I had cracked it, but next time online I was crashing again, and when I did get airbourne I haven't a clue about navigating!!! Going on the servers is very much throwing yourself in at the deep end, but I guess it is the quickest way to learn the game. I always end up leaving burning wrecks all over the airfield, so that is why I tend to go on the second server, wouldn't want to put any important runways out of action for the real pilots!!!
    Lol we sound a right pair. Well ive sorted out the over heating, now i need to stop firing at other spits. My eyes are crap one minute i see square wings start firing and suddenly they turn into curved wings. Did manage to get some shots on a 109 before i flew into someones lounge though......

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.09 MB

When they do get the Storm of War server up and running why don't we three meet up over there and have a bit of a fly round together?

I could help you two out with any aircraft handling issues that you might be having and safety in numbers is a wonderful thing.

You don't feel nearly so exposed and vulnerable when flying in a group and three pairs of eyes to spot the bandits is much better than one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

When they do get the Storm of War server up and running why don't we three meet up over there and have a bit of a fly round together?

I could help you two out with any aircraft handling issues that you might be having and safety in numbers is a wonderful thing.

You don't feel nearly so exposed and vulnerable when flying in a group and three pairs of eyes to spot the bandits is much better than one.
    Yeah, flying with others is great, but I really need to improve a bit more before I do that again. I was flying with a couple of other student pilots Wednesday night and they had to wait for me to successfully get airbourne, then when I did I ended up losing them, so I had to abort and let them go and find the bad guys on their own, grrrrrrr, this game can be fun, but very frustrating at times!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    141.28 MB

Sounds like a good plan, i hope your a patient man/woman

Yeah, flying with others is great, but I really need to improve a bit more before I do that again. I was flying with a couple of other student pilots Wednesday night and they had to wait for me to successfully get airbourne, then when I did I ended up losing them, so I had to abort and let them go and find the bad guys on their own, grrrrrrr, this game can be fun, but very frustrating at times!!!
    Hopefully i will be on tonight as my wife is going out...Hoooorahhhhh perhaps we can all meet up some where safe?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Sounds like a good plan, i hope your a patient man/woman :)

Hopefully i will be on tonight as my wife is going out...Hoooorahhhhh :) perhaps we can all meet up some where safe?
    Ha ha!!! I can relate to that. My " wife is out so I I can play CLoD in peace " night is Wednesday, but I hope to maybe get on for an hour tonight, so look out for me in the ready room on TS if you are on. I will be on the second server, going to stay away from the main one until I get a bit better:thumbsup:

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.77 MB

Ha ha!!! I can relate to that. My " wife is out so I I can play CLoD in peace " night is Wednesday, but I hope to maybe get on for an hour tonight, so look out for me in the ready room on TS if you are on. I will be on the second server, going to stay away from the main one until I get a bit better
    I'm afraid server 2 is being used for testing at present so may not be available for you this evening
    Last edited by ATAG_Dave; Mar-07-2016 at 08:00.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

I will be on the second server, going to stay away from the main one until I get a bit better
    Stop messing about and get on the main server...lol...No, but seriously the main one is where the fun is...We had a blast last night...Big furballs upto 15 aircraft in them in the Isle of Wight estuary...great fun...There's no damage you can do in the online server so just jump in...its the only way to learn..and get TS running even if you don't talk...We would prefer folks to be on TS with us even if they are silent..they will then hear any contacts being called out and can get stuck in....There was a few new players in last night who did just that...its all good...~S~
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

23. Likes ATAG_Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    141.28 MB

Apparently ive had 3 kills!! I'm glad it doesent say what side i killed though. I can account for a head on with a 110.

Is it possible to host a private server Until #2 is free ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Apparently ive had 3 kills!! I'm glad it doesent say what side i killed though. I can account for a head on with a 110.

Is it possible to host a private server Until #2 is free ?

Hi Andyj....Marlow, here. I'm a bit of a new boy on the server too. At the moment, I am fairly quiet on TS but I am listening to all the great advice and I think I'm moving in the right direction. I was flying with Laserlight, and The Doctor last Wednesday over Eastchurch airfield and we had great fun, though it was a case of the blind leading the blind! Atag Dave joined us, gave us loads of help and took us off to the war zone where he saved my bacon at least twice, shooting a G50 off my tail! Very exciting stuff!
    I am watching carefully for when Laserlight comes online again and would like to team up with him. I think he has a few issues with hardware but once they are resolved I know he'll be 'up for it!' I have learnt that being alone on the server is making a 'sitting duck' of yourself and the 'yellownoses' will tear you apart. I'm using a Track IR5 and am still tweaking my settings but it's getting better all the time. Dave also gave me help regarding trimming the aircraft and configuring the guns and I've got all that working just fine...I think! Now, I need to improve my Mk1 Eyeballs and learn to spot the 109's before they see me. Then I just might have a chance at bringing one down. I would gladly team up to fly with you (and anybody else) and I'll look out for you on the server tonight. That would be the main ATAG: Axis v Allies server. (I don't really know where to find the Storm of War server that everyone keeps talking about.)
    Maybe, Laserlight will be able to join us too. Hopefully, see you 'up there!' Salute!

26. Likes ATAG_Lewis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    141.28 MB

Hi Marlow, i will definitely be on tonight not sure when, probably after 8pm. Iv'e been using the Axis v Allies server too, which reminds me i must make a donation.Iv'e also got trackir 5 and a sticky x52 pro but it still works apart from the top china hat thingy that fell off Twas an ebay buy, serves me right. I also have a thrustmaster couger and pedals but i can't get on with the pedals. I bought it to fly the DCS Huey with. Think i said somewhere ive got team speak installed but havent tried it out yet here, so ill look out for you all tonight. Getting excited now.

28. Likes ATAG_Lewis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Hi Marlow, i will definitely be on tonight not sure when, probably after 8pm. Iv'e been using the Axis v Allies server too, which reminds me i must make a donation.Iv'e also got trackir 5 and a sticky x52 pro but it still works apart from the top china hat thingy that fell off Twas an ebay buy, serves me right. I also have a thrustmaster couger and pedals but i can't get on with the pedals. I bought it to fly the DCS Huey with. Think i said somewhere ive got team speak installed but havent tried it out yet here, so ill look out for you all tonight. Getting excited now.
    Good stuff, Andyj....I would definitely recommend you get TS sorted because it makes a world of difference. You can hear all the good advice, tips and hints....and you find out where the action...or, in my case, danger spots are! I also intend to make a donation before long but I am not up to speed with how to do it yet. I have just come off line, exhausted, because I got in to a turning fight with a 109 E3 over Havant. God, was my heart pumping! He couldn't turn with me and eventually broke away, back towards the Isle of Wight where I caught him at the top of a steep climb. I think I hit him and he spun down. We were still quite low so he probably didn't get out of it. I think the chat said I was credited with the kill but I don't know for sure. I'll wait and see if it comes up on the stats. If it does it'll be my first 'proper' unshared success! (You can probably tell...they don't come my way that often!) I'll look out for you at 8pm tonight! Salute!

30. Likes ATAG_Dave, The Doctor, ATAG_Lewis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    Stop messing about and get on the main server...lol...No, but seriously the main one is where the fun is...We had a blast last night...Big furballs upto 15 aircraft in them in the Isle of Wight estuary...great fun...There's no damage you can do in the online server so just jump in...its the only way to learn..and get TS running even if you don't talk...We would prefer folks to be on TS with us even if they are silent..they will then hear any contacts being called out and can get stuck in....There was a few new players in last night who did just that...its all good...~S~
    I had a couple of hours on the main server on Wednesday night Lewis. Got some good tips from ATAG Dave, and it was also great to speak with Marlow and The Doctor, but as for my actual flying, the less said about that the better!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
    Hi Andyj....Marlow, here. I'm a bit of a new boy on the server too. At the moment, I am fairly quiet on TS but I am listening to all the great advice and I think I'm moving in the right direction. I was flying with Laserlight, and The Doctor last Wednesday over Eastchurch airfield and we had great fun, though it was a case of the blind leading the blind! Atag Dave joined us, gave us loads of help and took us off to the war zone where he saved my bacon at least twice, shooting a G50 off my tail! Very exciting stuff!
    I am watching carefully for when Laserlight comes online again and would like to team up with him. I think he has a few issues with hardware but once they are resolved I know he'll be 'up for it!' I have learnt that being alone on the server is making a 'sitting duck' of yourself and the 'yellownoses' will tear you apart. I'm using a Track IR5 and am still tweaking my settings but it's getting better all the time. Dave also gave me help regarding trimming the aircraft and configuring the guns and I've got all that working just fine...I think! Now, I need to improve my Mk1 Eyeballs and learn to spot the 109's before they see me. Then I just might have a chance at bringing one down. I would gladly team up to fly with you (and anybody else) and I'll look out for you on the server tonight. That would be the main ATAG: Axis v Allies server. (I don't really know where to find the Storm of War server that everyone keeps talking about.)
    Maybe, Laserlight will be able to join us too. Hopefully, see you 'up there!' Salute!
    Hi Marlow. Kind of you to try and take the focus away from my sheer poor form on Wednesday night. Yes, I did have an issue with my joystick sensitivity, and some rotten luck too, but most of my problems are inexperience I am afraid. I need a lot of practice, just in order to be able to get into combat, I found that out on Wednesday, and navigation is a real problem for me.
    I will hopefully be on the server again on Wednesday night, and I will try and get on for a short while tonight and /or tomorrow, but if I do it will just be for a bit of taking off and airfield familiarisation training, and maybe navigating away from the front line. If I am able to get on I will look out for you guys on TS