Thread: Final Push Feedback Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Final Push Feedback Thread

Hello,

please post your feedback here.

For example:

Bad spawn points.

How do the auxiliary airfileds work out?

Anything that seems weird or unfair.

Suggestions.

Regards

Kanister

2. Likes ATAG_((dB)) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Re: Final Push Feedback Thread

Thanks Kanister for all the hard work..sad to say I haven't had a chance to play it, but I do look forward to it. New missions are always a welcome sight! S!
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

4. Likes ATAG_((dB)) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I just logged in and went to the Blue team (as I always do), and found two different models of Hurricane available at Le Havre. I was able to spawn in one, but did not take off.

I logged out of the server and logged back in just to be sure. Same result.

<S>
    Last edited by Vadr; Apr-04-2016 at 21:42.
    Vadr
    Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen"

"Most pilots expect their airplanes to perform. The Me 109 expects its pilot to perform." -- A. Galland

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Smoke particles have always been a source of trouble for graphics engines in CLoD. The large number of smoke and dust columns cause stuttering and a lack of smoothness in game play. There are also fires and columns of smoke originating well above the surface of the ground west of the Lympne Airport.

I used an auxiliary airfield for departure with no problems. I think it feels quite realistic. Thanks for all your hard work!
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Vadr View Post
    I just logged in and went to the Blue team (as I always do), and found two different models of Hurricane available at Le Havre. I was able to spawn in one, but did not take off.

I logged out of the server and logged back in just to be sure. Same result.

<S>

Thanks Vadr,

my failure. At the moment you can get the Hurricane at Le Havre (blue airfield). It'll be changed soon.

Thanks for the information.

Regards

Kanister

8. Likes Vadr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for the map Kanister. <S>
    Vadr
    Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen"

"Most pilots expect their airplanes to perform. The Me 109 expects its pilot to perform." -- A. Galland

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
    Smoke particles have always been a source of trouble for graphics engines in CLoD. The large number of smoke and dust columns cause stuttering and a lack of smoothness in game play. There are also fires and columns of smoke originating well above the surface of the ground west of the Lympne Airport.

I used an auxiliary airfield for departure with no problems. I think it feels quite realistic. Thanks for all your hard work!

Thanks Fidget,

did the stutter problem occur already at low numbers of players or at higher numbers?

I have reduced the number of fires/smokes by 50%. Let's hope the game runs smoother now. (when the map is put into rotation)

Regards

Kanister

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Kanister View Post
    Thanks Fidget,

did the stutter problem occur already at low numbers of players or at higher numbers?

I have reduced the number of fires/smokes by 50%. Let's hope the game runs smoother now. (when the map is put into rotation)

Regards

Kanister
    My old memory suggests that less than twenty players... I think...
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.50 MB

Final Push is updated. Next time it should run smoother
    John Lydgate: “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

13. Likes ATAG_Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Not sure if this is possible but how about if an enemy aircraft crash lands on friendly territory. Once down, if it isn't destroyed, let's say for every 5 aircraft crash landed, an enemy aircraft of the opposite side can be added to the opposition team (fighter).

So in a week of campaign missions, 10 enemy aircraft ditch on friendly territory. Let's say they are a mix of hurricanes and Spitfires.
    Could the Axis side have two hurricanes, or two spitfires or one of each added to it's inventory to be flown (with Axis markings).

I think having this option would really mix things up and cause confusion and claims of friendly fire....but isn't that the point.... Confusing the enemy. Vice versa for the Allies getting a 109?

Would be interesting to see a friendly strafing a home airfield and not being shot at by flak.

Oh well, just my musings

Cheers, MP
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    Not sure if this is possible but how about if an enemy aircraft crash lands on friendly territory. Once down, if it isn't destroyed, let's say for every 5 aircraft crash landed, an enemy aircraft of the opposite side can be added to the opposition team (fighter).

So in a week of campaign missions, 10 enemy aircraft ditch on friendly territory. Let's say they are a mix of hurricanes and Spitfires.
    Could the Axis side have two hurricanes, or two spitfires or one of each added to it's inventory to be flown (with Axis markings).

I think having this option would really mix things up and cause confusion and claims of friendly fire....but isn't that the point.... Confusing the enemy. Vice versa for the Allies getting a 109?

Would be interesting to see a friendly strafing a home airfield and not being shot at by flak.

Oh well, just my musings
    Cheers, MP
    Log on any Saturday to see friendlies strafing the home airfield and not being shot at by flak...

16. Likes Vadr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_PanTast View Post
    Final Push is updated. Next time it should run smoother
    I just flew Final Push with your changes... Five Blues and twelve Reds... Smoother Map, Cooler CPU's & GPU's with no problems. This is going to be one of my favorites!

Aux fields require map reading and realistic thought processes for recovery.

Black smoke columns seem to cause more stress than the brown ones. I think you have a good mix, here...
    Last edited by Baffin; Apr-14-2016 at 15:52.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.0 KB

This map is fun as hell.

My favorite auxiliary is the one near Deal. I love touching down just past the beach.

Thank you!

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

Really enjoyed my first go on this map, interesting new targets and the temporary airfields are great, some nice touches, land next to The Swan and catch the bus home!

I can't offer any criticism.

Great work chaps!

With gratitude,

Septic.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

20. Likes ATAG_((dB)) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for the feedback and the kind words guys.

Glad the map is running smooth now.

Regards

Kanister

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Theres only 1 place where you can get E4Bs and so it becomes really crowded airfield. The result of that is spawning happening outside of the airfield, over grass and holes resulting in tons of 109s just trying to reach runway. Needs a fix or a alternative spawn point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lolsav View Post
    Theres only 1 place where you can get E4Bs and so it becomes really crowded airfield. The result of that is spawning happening outside of the airfield, over grass and holes resulting in tons of 109s just trying to reach runway. Needs a fix or a alternative spawn point.
    Thanks for the information m8,

I'll change that.

Regards

Kanister

24. Likes ATAG_((dB)), ATAG_Lolsav liked this post