Thread: Ambient temperature on Dynamo map?

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Ambient temperature on Dynamo map?

Hi everyone,

I've been flying the 110 for a long time now and have found that I can fly with oil and water radiators at 50% on continuous setting for rpm and ATA all day as long as I keep my speed above 300 kph.

However in the past month or 2 I've had several (at least 3-5) cases where I've popped a rad on the Dynamo map while flying the above settings. A quick check of the temps etc when this happened shows they are all ok so I'm wondering why they are happening? The first couple of times I wondered if random failures had been scripted/enabled but this isn't the case.

I've had some TS chats with a couple of other players who also said they had popped their radiators on this map when within parameters so I'm wondering whether it might be more than pilot error on my case.

It could be pilot error (maybe I'm kidding myself and I'm not configuring my aircraft incorrectly or flying it within limits) but I would expect that I would have a similar frequency of cases on the other maps where I fly the manual pp C-4 variant which I don't. And maybe the time of day of the Dynamo mission is later in the day and hence the ambient temp is greater which means my settings are right on the borderline?

So before I go any further re looking into this (and its not by any stretch a big issue) I'm just wondering if anyone has noticed an increased frequency of radiator popping on Dynamo when flying their aircraft within limits?

Ezzie

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

Re: Ambient temperature on Dynamo map?

I'll have a check next time Dynamo is up
    Author of the Their Finest Hour, Their Greatest Challenge, Desert Hawks, Eagles over Tobruk, On Ne Passe Pas!, and Rising from the Ashes campaigns for Cliffs of Dover Blitz and Desert Wings - Tobruk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Ambient temperature on Dynamo map?

Check with He 111/Ju 88 thermometer.