Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update on no Updates...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Update on no Updates...

Salute All

Some of you may be wondering why you have not seen any recent updates on the ongoing work on TF 5.0.

In fact, while there has not been an update in a video form, there has been added additional documentation of the work ongoing on the TF Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/teamfusionmod

(please see the new shots of the Wellington, Hurricane IIB, etc.)

Still, in keeping with our policy of being factual with the community, we have to admit we had some setbacks in the last months which have slowed our progress.

-One 3D modeler lost his Video card and couldn't afford a replacement... luckily we managed to find a donor with a used older card which is expected to be shipped in the next few days.

-Two key members have had health issues... but are still determined to contribute, although on a less intensive schedule.

-Urgent Family and Real Life concerns have made demands on members free time which have not allowed them to contribute as much as they hoped.

-While huge progress was made in a number of behind the scenes areas... the work has also be more demanding and time intensive than expected... the lack of a CoD Developer's guide has often meant small mistakes have tripped up progress, and required work to be re-done multiple times to get the results we needed. The good news is the advances we needed have been achieved.

All of the above aside, the work on TF 5.0 continues to move forwards.

At this point, as project manager, and by my estimation, at least 2/3's of the work required to finish TF 5.0 has been completed.

Unfortunately, our hoped for goal of mid summer release is not going to be met.

And no, we won't be releasing a partially finished TF 5.0 early, it just does not make sense to do all the beta testing, all the code work, all the compiling, (weeks and weeks of work) just to turn around and do it again in a couple months. We want a finalized release, complete with all the elements.

While I know it may be frustrating for the community to have to wait... it is even more frustrating for many TF members... knowing they could finish their work given a month's free time... but the time is not available, and they are having to make do with a few hours here and there, squeezed in between the need to work and the requirement to be relatively sane and normal beings.

Bottom line:

We have come this far, we have put in too much work to leave the project unfinished...

BUT.... realistically TF and the community need to be patient with the occasional wobble.

Thanks to all those who continue to give us their support.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    700.64 MB

Re: Update on no Updates...

Thanks for the update buzz.
    Just a curiosity... We could expect a possible release in 2016 or we'll have to wait for 2017?
    Keep up the good job.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

As they say, "Once bitten, twice shy."

I am not going to make a promise at this point.

Hopefully 2016.

4. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Supporting Member III./ZG76_Saipan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post

Hopefully 2016.
    they? as in the band great white circa 1986...great tune and video.
    ASUS Z370-A, i5 8600k, CM haf-x, EVGA gtx 1660 Ti SC ACX, Antec HC 850, Samsung 120GB SSD , WD Black 1TB, Corsair GSkill 16GB, Creative SB Recon, Creative G500 5.1, ASUS VS248h-P
    Me-110 Black 17 with Hptmn. Hans "AWAC" Warsteiner
    :
    Trust me , I fly a Bf 110 (C2-->C7)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Unhappy Re: Update on no Updates...

[QUOTE=RAF74_Buzzsaw;230773]As they say, "Once bitten, twice shy."

Hopefully 2016.[/

lol
    9./JG54 GERMANWOLF

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.77 MB

@Buzzsaw and the rest of TF - thank you for your work. When tf5 is ready ill enjoy it. in the mean time ill continue to enjoy what you have already made for us

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

No rush from me....~S~

I'll enjoy your updates as always....Thanks fellas...Still very excited about 5.0....~S~
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANWOLF View Post

Hopefully 2016.
    lol

TF5 will not make you a better pilot so no need to hurry

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

I am relived to hear that things are still moving, if a little more slowly. I look forward to the eventual release of 5.0, whenever it comes to pass. You guys are the best!

11. Likes DerDa, farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    376.42 MB

Most of us don't realize the effort and sacrifice that as been put in that project, Thanks for the update Buzz and don't worries we're not going anywhere
    It takes an airplane to bring out the worst in a pilot.
    ((dB)) youTube Channel

Supporting Member 9./JG52_Meyer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    64.27 MB

Still enjoying the sim as it is greatly, so TF 5.0 when it comes out will be a bonus to what is already a fantastic achievement to what you people have already done.
    Oberleutnant - Otto Meyer
    "Gelb Acht"
    9.Staffel / Jagdgeschwader 52
    (Karaya)

In memory of 9./JG52 Ziegler, Vermisse dich mein Freund

http://www.9jg52.com/

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I can wait for my franken-defiant in 5.0 ....

I'm currently trying to upgrade my GPU to play CLOD on my 27" 4K monitor. SLI 580s just don't cut it. Looking @ 1080 but supply is thin, might have to wait till 2017.

Keep up the good work, it's a classic piece of art, perfection takes time.

((( Ryzen 5 - 3600X CPU @ 3.8 GHz )))
    ((( MSI GForce GTX 1080 Gaming X )))
    ((( 32 G Ram )))
    ((( Win 10 professional 64 )))
    ((( Samsung 4K monitor )))

15. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

hi HURRICANEHARVEST.about the Defiant,are you aware that this is the sole fighter plane that must be piloted by 2 players?the pilot cant fire any guns and the gunner cant pilot the plane.

as i ve been studying deeply the night fighting/shrage musik subject,i give you my 2Cents: the only way to fly successfully the Defiant with fun is to have 2 humans on board:

_i doubt the AI will be able to put the plane in the bomber s path (unless some tedious heavy code writing is done for...only one aircraft?) and imagine how frustating it would be ,staying in you turret,waiting for the AI to give you a fire solution...

_or you can play the pilot,but you cant fire a single bullet,the only thing you can do is giving your AI mate firing opportunity,hoping it will use it wisely

i dont know how much ammo the turret can carry,but,for some shrage muzik configuration,4 7,7mm guns seems too light IMHO.not to mention the type s vulnerability

to resume,playing the Defiant would always be half of a fighter gameplay..the sole interest would be to play it with a good friend,not alone

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

-One 3D modeler lost his Video card and couldn't afford a replacement... luckily we managed to find a donor with a used older card which is expected to be shipped in the next few days.

Since I got my GTX980TI I have a GTX650TI going spare that I would be more than happy to donate to the cause if the planned replacement does not work out. If in UK I will even pick up the postage tab. Let me know Col.

Edit: Apologies Buzz, had it in my head that col was the OP. Let me know.
    Last edited by Tinkicker; May-28-2016 at 06:52.
    Intel I9 9900K at 5.0 Ghz. Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra Motherboard. 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM. EVGA G3 PSU. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC. Thermaltake flo riing360 water cooler. 1TB Corsair M.2 NVMe boot drive. I TB Seagate hybrid mass storage drive. HP Reverb. TM Warthog HOTAS. MFG Crosswind pedals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Now that sounds like an apology and that sir is not required!

I know diddly squat about telling computers how to make planes do stuff on a screen.... and I am staggered by what we already have.

If patch 5.0 takes another year or three so be it.

I'm amazed already. !

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    7.46 MB

So March 2014 (TF4.3) to May 2016 = 2/3rds of TF5. Likely maths based prediction for TF5 then would be autumn 2017, without taking into account beta testing and any unforeseen problems etc which may or may not be represented in Buzzsaw's "2/3rd" statement.

Good to know. Thanks for the update.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by kashiide View Post
    hi HURRICANEHARVEST.about the Defiant,are you aware that this is the sole fighter plane that must be piloted by 2 players?the pilot cant fire any guns and the gunner cant pilot the plane.

as i ve been studying deeply the night fighting/shrage musik subject,i give you my 2Cents: the only way to fly successfully the Defiant with fun is to have 2 humans on board:

_i doubt the AI will be able to put the plane in the bomber s path (unless some tedious heavy code writing is done for...only one aircraft?) and imagine how frustating it would be ,staying in you turret,waiting for the AI to give you a fire solution...

_or you can play the pilot,but you cant fire a single bullet,the only thing you can do is giving your AI mate firing opportunity,hoping it will use it wisely

i dont know how much ammo the turret can carry,but,for some shrage muzik configuration,4 7,7mm guns seems too light IMHO.not to mention the type s vulnerability

to resume,playing the Defiant would always be half of a fighter gameplay..the sole interest would be to play it with a good friend,not alone
    I've created a defiant scenario in Mission Builder where a sqd of defiants follow a bomber formation, see here & absorb the sights & sounds - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEsf-MzRVPo

All you need to do is put the pilot into AI mode, it will then follow the Waypoints and you wait as the gunner, plowing the skies

if you could setup a defiant for 2 players, that would be the ultimate in LOLs & giggles
    Last edited by HurricaneHarvest; May-28-2016 at 09:32.
    ((( Ryzen 5 - 3600X CPU @ 3.8 GHz )))
    ((( MSI GForce GTX 1080 Gaming X )))
    ((( 32 G Ram )))
    ((( Win 10 professional 64 )))
    ((( Samsung 4K monitor )))

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

thanks for the update!! looks really good love me some IIc, and IIB's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

fun video!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    51.47 MB

Thanks for the news!
    I'm very saddened about the setbacks but what can you do.
    The update might not come this year but life goes on, I just hope TF 5.0 will ever come out at this point.
    May the Devs who have "health related issues" get well soon.

24. Likes \Hawk/ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    42.93 MB

Thank you for the Non-update, MP & lots of respect for TF to their amazing work they are doing
    There is no reason to apologize a delay, you are just welcome
    By waiting of TF 5.0 I went onto the attic, looking for the wreckage of my 40year old Graupner glider-modell "Nancy" She never flew good, but now after repair, with my aviation knowledge, coming from our common hobby, it does so well now. Waiting on TF 5.0 has also good aspects
    cheers,
    TG
    IMG_6601_2.JPGIMG_6629_1.JPGIMG_6770_3.JPG
    Last edited by Topgum; May-28-2016 at 16:27. Reason: correction

26. Likes ATAG_yotheguy, InvaderZim liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for posting Buzz. Good luck and big salute to TF

Happy landings,

Talisman

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by SoW Reddog View Post
    So March 2014 (TF4.3) to May 2016 = 2/3rds of TF5. Likely maths based prediction for TF5 then would be autumn 2017, without taking into account beta testing and any unforeseen problems etc which may or may not be represented in Buzzsaw's "2/3rd" statement.

Good to know. Thanks for the update.
    Not the case, your schedule is not accurate... work completed to date does not correlate 1-1 with time spent.

Much of the time spent by TF has been in decrypting the game and learning how to do things, once that knowledge is there, work progresses much faster.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.23 MB

Quality takes time or money.
    As this is free, it must be expected to take a lot of time.
    I'm patient, thanks so much for all the hard work guys.

30. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

Keep up the excellent work guys, we all really appreciate it. The work that has been done so far is frankly amazing, it's as good as the original production team .

32. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by kashiide View Post
    Was my understanding that the turret could be faced forward and the gunner could transfer firing controls to the pilot. If you really wanted to engage in such madness

Best wishes to those who have had medical issues, hope all is well. RL is always the most important.

34. Likes ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    7.46 MB

Not the case, your schedule is not accurate... work completed to date does not correlate 1-1 with time spent.

Much of the time spent by TF has been in decrypting the game and learning how to do things, once that knowledge is there, work progresses much faster.
    Well of course my schedule was not accurate, I have only the info you have given to work from and was "back of a fag packet" in nature.

Fact is if you don't give an estimate yourself, it's logical that we will come up with our own however inaccurate. I very much look forward to being completely wrong.

36. Likes II/JG77_RC liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Shame on the setbacks, can't wait to see what 5.0 will be like!

Veteran Combat pilot VII.Racetrack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

As I said months ago... I'll keep on playing ONLY Clod and no other WWII flying combat sims at least until the TF 5.0 release date. Then the work done will tell itself if the time spent waiting as paid off

"Volare è utile, atterrare è necessario"
    www.settimostormo.it

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Its almost impossible to put a timetable on these complex sims, even for large professional development teams, let alone a group of dedicated talented part-timers. There are just to many variables.
    I'm just glad Team Fusion still has the drive to continue. Not to mention that COD is probably the best suited flight sim in terms of its FPS optimizations, to allow for a decent VR implementation, which is the future of the genre.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast