Thread: German 40mm guns "defective"

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

German 40mm guns "defective"

~S~ Missionbuilders,

First, thanks for taking on the hard, often thankless task of creating the great scenarios we all get to enjoy. I do have a request however. When placing 40m AA guns on your maps, please use only the British 40mm Bofors guns (assigned as "Blue" if used at German facilities), not the German 40mm Bofors guns. While it is great fun to man the British Bofors, it appears the German Bofors, which should be practically identical, is sloppily modeled and virtually unusable by a human gunner (the sight wires of the "wagonwheel" gunsight are very thick and the sight is grossly out of alignment). I know a handful of Red players like to man the British Bofors on occasion, but players on the Blue side don't have the opportunity because the German 40mms are modeled poorly. When revising/updating the existing missions, is it possible to do a "find and replace" in the mission file to swap out the German 40mm Bofors with British 40mm Bofors (and assigned as "Blue")?

Thanks,

~S~

AKA Knutsac

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Re: German 40mm guns "defective"

I would appreciate this also.. I love making the triple AAA guns..but the German ones are in usable as they are now. I'm wondering if a bug report has been made on them yet ?
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    130.02 MB

Does anyone know what the names of these two AA guns are in FMB or the .mis files?

Is it Artillery.Bofors for the GB piece and Artillery.4_cm_Flak_28 for the DE?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Quote Originally Posted by flug View Post
    Does anyone know what the names of these two AA guns are in FMB or the .mis files?

Is it Artillery.Bofors for the GB piece and Artillery.4_cm_Flak_28 for the DE?
    Yes I believe it is flug

Any update on this from map and mission makers? Is this an easy fix or would it be way too time consuming? The blue AAAis unusable the way it is.
    Cheers
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis