Thread: Keeping things honest

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Keeping things honest

Got this in the mail today: http://il2sturmovik.com/informburo/b...ef16eaa85e903/

Please, no sim bashing - just the straight info. What's going on? I don't own BOS/BOM.

Encouraging Fair Play

UEFA EURO 2016 starts today and first and foremost it's based on Fair Play principle, just like any other sport.

We're stepping up our commitment to Fair Play!

We want to provide a level playing field for everyone.

As part of our Fair Play policy, players using prohibited third-party software will face disciplinary action, including but not limited to: permanent ban.

We consider "mod" use cheating, and strongly encourage players to remove any aforementioned programs from their PCs.

By offering this warning, we hope to give our community a chance to enjoy IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow and Battle of Stalingrad the Fair way.

Best Wishes,
    The IL-2 Sturmovik Team

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Supporting Member 9./JG52_Meyer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    64.27 MB

Re: Keeping things honest

Ditto me too , seems there are players on their servers using cheats
    Oberleutnant - Otto Meyer
    "Gelb Acht"
    9.Staffel / Jagdgeschwader 52
    (Karaya)

In memory of 9./JG52 Ziegler, Vermisse dich mein Freund

http://www.9jg52.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Yes some is cheating either obvious like unlimited bomb or not obvious like power or weapon hack. Think devs mean they can find them and ban them. Hope so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Same problem which existed with the unmodded CLIFFS OF DOVER.

Some players, who I will not name, made a great name for themselves all over youtube as amazing pilots during the vanilla CoD period.

Then immediately that TF created its mod and installed anti-cheat code, these 'wunderpilots' decided they weren't interested in CoD anymore and moved onto BoS.

We are very fortunate to have coders with the kinds of skills which have made TF's CoD a cheat free environment.
    Last edited by RAF74_Buzzsaw; Jun-10-2016 at 21:06.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

As far as you know. Some cheaters VERY skilled at code. Same with most game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Well, as the old saying goes, "the proof is in the puddin'".

As an ATAG Admin prior to Team Fusion I was continuously receiving complaints about hacked flight models and weaponry, along with video clips and .trk files.

Since Team Fusion: none. The ATAG Server runs in excess of 1400 players monthly. Nothing.

We get the occasional player from other servers who claim on chat that some players have a "spoof button" causing them to viff from one side or the other as they're being lined up from behind. Never a video or .trk, though, to accompany the complaint. The best we can suggest in those instances is that the server was near capacity and/or the offending player was running a high ping > 500 msec, causing warping which we've all seen at one time or another.

Other than these very few instances, which are not likely deliberate hacks but just bad internet connects or overwhelmed net code, the overwhelming evidence lies in....no evidence.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

7. Likes DUI liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    376.42 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    They should but their skills into helping the community iso antagonize them
    It takes an airplane to bring out the worst in a pilot.
    ((dB)) youTube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Not so hard to have aiming aid on client pc that cannot be picked up in track or maybe radar map. Is way it goes. Any cheating v silly and has no point as reduces skill

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_((dB)) View Post
    They should but their skills into helping the community iso antagonize them
    It's funny; that's how the Warbirds sim was born. A programmer named Dale Addnick (HiTech) decided to write a gun camera application for the old Confirmed Kill sim. What he learned from doing that led directly to the development of Warbirds, where he became the head developer.

Later, he had a falling out with Warbirds mgmt, and left to form his own sim: Aces High.
    Vadr
    Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen"

"Most pilots expect their airplanes to perform. The Me 109 expects its pilot to perform." -- A. Galland

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Same problem which existed with the unmodded CLIFFS OF DOVER.

Some players, who I will not name, made a great name for themselves all over youtube as amazing pilots during the vanilla CoD period.

Then immediately that TF created its mod and installed anti-cheat code, these 'wunderpilots' decided they weren't interested in CoD anymore and moved onto BoS.

We are very fortunate to have coders with the kinds of skills which have made TF's CoD a cheat free environment.
    With all due respect, I would really like to see those names, at least in PM.

Being flying from the start and I never experienced anything strange ( but some rare warping, connection related probably) and even met one of those that was called a cheater and didn't experience anything strange, even shot him down a few times.

I know another pilot that was called a cheater in old il2 and I witnessed his 'cheats' many times. In the meantime he won the il2 championship 'Wings of victory' sponsored by the Russian government where the 16 finalists went to Moscow and played in controlled environment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

With respect and thanks to all who contributed here, my query about the email I received has been answered. A problem that was identified by the BOS/BOM creators is being dealt with, which is very good for the community.

I salute the coders for all flight sims that safeguard the integrity of play for all of us.