Thread: Request/suggestion for AI bomber groups

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Request/suggestion for AI bomber groups

Caveat: I know nothing about programming the sim, and so have no idea if this is a practical suggestion or not.

It would be nice if the AI raid announcements ("9 X Stuka will be near Le Havre in 10 mins", "Enemy raid reported near Ramsgate" etc) could be added into the text buffer, as some of the other admin messages are.

As it stands now, if you're not looking at your screen when the AI announcement is made, you miss all the vital info regarding time, alt, target etc.

If you log in after a raid has been launched, for instance, you'll have no idea it's in progress unless someone tells you (and the raids are most often launched when server numbers are low) or when you start seeing the kill messages in the buffer.

It would be nice to be able to scroll up through the text/voice buffer on log in to see if any raids have recently been announced, or to remind yourself of time, target, alt. (I'm old, I forget things )

Anyway, just a suggestion. Thanks for all the work you guys do.

S!
    Vadr
    Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen"

"Most pilots expect their airplanes to perform. The Me 109 expects its pilot to perform." -- A. Galland

2. Likes ATAG_Freya liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Re: Request/suggestion for AI bomber groups

Good point Vadr, the same occured to me as well. Too late of course! When I get back into the FMB/scripting, someday, I hope to re-design this whole AI bomber feature for a more all-round user friendly experience. It will be a while, unfortunately, as summer is keeping my PC fun-time to a minimum. Rest assured knowing that your suggestion is a fairly easy addition when the time allows for it, cheers!

4. Likes Vadr liked this post
    Heaven, I've already served my time in Hell!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    12.34 MB

Tab 4.1 Shows ongoing raids. Being proactive and calling Chain Home negates the issue.
    Celer, Silens, Mortalis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Deacon View Post
    Tab 4.1 Shows ongoing raids. Being proactive and calling Chain Home negates the issue.
    That is certainly true! However I think there is only 3 missions where blue has Freya radar, maybe 6 for the allied side. I should try to figure out a menu system where anyone could find out if a raid is in progress, a way to find out what 'area' is likely to be attacked, and a timer for when the next raid is available to call. As well as enabling any player to call a raid when the server is at a certain # of players or less. So much to do, so little time...

7. Likes ATAG_Deacon, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post